Resolved [Switch] Can’t join if switches are in same network

xKazukooo

Terrarian
Like the title explains I can’t connect if me and my cousin are in the same house/network.
Just gives me an error code and to try again later. Is there any work around? Or is this going to be fixed soon?

Like the title explains I can’t connect if me and my cousin are in the same house/network.
Just gives me an error code and to try again later. Is there any work around? Or is this going to be fixed soon?
Hi there @xKazukooo, right now there is no local multiplayer - it is something that is still being worked on, but they didn’t want to hold up the release for it. So if you guys are on the same Switch, or using different Switches, but on the same network it’s not going to be able to play together.

With two Switches on different networks, you should be able to play online multiplayer together.

Hey there!

I wanted to clear up a bit of misunderstanding (and this is not Unit One's fault - I should have explained it better at the time).

What is not available is the local bluetooth play that Switch supports. The short version of why is that performance was awful for Terraria at the time and we wanted to get the game out now as it may take a good while to sort that out.

That said, you should be able to play on the same wifi network - but it will likely require Nintendo Online. We have a handful of folks internally that do play on the same house network, so I know it is possible.

(Sorry for the miscommunication, Unit... my bad :( )

Hello.

We have two Switches on the same network both with Terraria and Nintendo online, yet we are not able to play multiplayer.

The first time we tried it asked us for an IP address but it hasn't on subsequent tries. It doesn't matter which Switch is hosting and which is joining, no servers appear in the join game menu, even after refresh.

Hey there!

I wanted to clear up a bit of misunderstanding (and this is not Unit One's fault - I should have explained it better at the time).

What is not available is the local bluetooth play that Switch supports. The short version of why is that performance was awful for Terraria at the time and we wanted to get the game out now as it may take a good while to sort that out.

That said, you should be able to play on the same wifi network - but it will likely require Nintendo Online. We have a handful of folks internally that do play on the same house network, so I know it is possible.

(Sorry for the miscommunication, Unit... my bad :( )

Hello.

We have two Switches on the same network both with Terraria and Nintendo online, yet we are not able to play multiplayer.

The first time we tried it asked us for an IP address but it hasn't on subsequent tries. It doesn't matter which Switch is hosting and which is joining, no servers appear in the join game menu, even after refresh.

Ok let me loop back with the team and see what they say.

When you say it asked you for an IP address... what do you mean? The Switch should never ask for an IP address, you just need to be on each other's friends' lists and have internet access if you have NO.

Back
Top Bottom