Switch Switch Crashing Bug

On Large worlds on the Nintendo Switch version of the game I have a 100% consistent glitch where the game crashed upon reaching the right side of the world my entire game will crash, booting me back to the home menu while closing the game.

This glitch is persistent on multiple worlds, as I tried it on three different worlds, two times on each, even a world I made earlier today in the current version

The game does not crash on the left side of the world.

The crash happens if I'm on the surface or underground

On Large worlds on the Nintendo Switch version of the game I have a 100% consistent glitch where the game crashed upon reaching the right side of the world my entire game will crash, booting me back to the home menu while closing the game.

This glitch is persistent on multiple worlds, as I tried it on three different worlds, two times on each, even a world I made earlier today in the current version

The game does not crash on the left side of the world.

The crash happens if I'm on the surface or underground
Hi there @LinkTheHero5555, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing this. :)

If you haven’t already, I recommend sending in your information straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form. That is the quickest way to make sure the console developers see your issue. You may not receive a reply as they can’t answer each individual report, but they do receive every report that comes through that link.

Hi there @LinkTheHero5555, welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing this. :)

If you haven’t already, I recommend sending in your information straight to the console developers, Pipeworks, here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form. That is the quickest way to make sure the console developers see your issue. You may not receive a reply as they can’t answer each individual report, but they do receive every report that comes through that link.
Thank you so much! I'll C&P this to them and hope they can do something! It reminds me of a glitch I heard about on another version of the game where an update caused certain blocks to spawn outside of the world boundaries, making players crash when in that area. But this happened on a world made in the current switch version, so it's not that

I'll also be sending this bug to pipeworks. I just had it crash me twice in a row as I am searching for my angler. I know sometimes he will be in the ocean, but I haven't seen him on the shore on either side of the world. This is on a new Large Expert mode world. LinkatheHero5555, are you able to locate the Angler on your world?

I'll also be sending this bug to pipeworks. I just had it crash me twice in a row as I am searching for my angler. I know sometimes he will be in the ocean, but I haven't seen him on the shore on either side of the world. This is on a new Large Expert mode world. LinkatheHero5555, are you able to locate the Angler on your world?
I was in a Large Expert Mode world too, luckily I was able to find him on the left side of the world, which didn't crash

FYI, I ticketed this personally to PW just now after replicating on my kit.

Was finally able to nail down the reproduction steps on this for Pipeworks and added that to the ticket for them for fixing.

FOR NOW, anyone nearing the edge of their right side/east ocean should just zoom all the way out when there. Zooming out appears to not trigger the crash. Anything default or closer will trigger it.

Hello there, I'm playing on the switch in an expert large world and the my game crashes on the right side of the world no matter if I'm absolutely zoomed out or in so can anyone help me?

Hello there, I'm playing on the switch in an expert large world and the my game crashes on the right side of the world no matter if I'm absolutely zoomed out or in so can anyone help me?
Hi @Maxi_0508 the workaround of being completely zoomed out works for most, but I have seen others say that it doesn’t work for them.

DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this issue won’t be present when that releases.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio
Terraria State of the Game

Back
Top Bottom