Switch Switch extremely laggy (water bolt?)

MONOpuffle

Terrarian
I’ve been playing the switch version for about 20 hours now, it wasn’t that laggy until like 2-3 hours ago when I obtained the watebolt, I fought the EoW with it but I don’t know what happened but the fight got REALLY laggy, I don’t know if I just imagined it but the EoW was duplicating after one of it segments froze in the air. After the flight for some reason I got like 500 ores and about 700 scales so I don’t think I imagined it.

Later I went to the underworld to build a hell bridge but I got ambushed by hellbats and bone serpents, I used the water bolt and after 3-5 shots the game froze and I had to close the game from the switch menu.
Does this happen normally?

Update: it’s not the water bolt, the version it’s just like that, probbably too many things on screen, it freezes during a boss battle and it’s really frustrating.
I’m playing summoner,

Last edited:
When 1.3.1 came to Xbox, the performance became rather poor (it wasn't all that great before either). Never tried the Water Bolt, but I remember reading others complaining about the Water Bolt causing lag. When 1.3.4 came around, the performance drastically improved.
Hopefully the same will happen when Switch receives 1.3.4 as well. I don't think you will have to wait very long for that to happen.

I am also having the same problem with water bolt, especially in multiplayer where it can cause my friends to disconnect (I am hosting) and for myself to crash.

Switch port was rushed. I wouldn't expect a hotfix any time real soon. I've been waiting for split screen for 6+ months.

Back
Top Bottom