Switch Switch freeze during pumpkin and frost moon events

Panaraft

Terrarian
I am playing on a normal small world trying to complete the pumpkin moon and frost moon events.
And the game freezes every time. At what wave varies depending on what settings.
The furthest i can get is wave 12 on pumpkin moon with switch undocked auto save off and the screen zoomed out till just before it changes to the map.

Has anyone been able to complete the event? Either till ens of waves or night finishes without the game crashing? If so what settings were you using?

And yes i have submitted a report using the link.

I am playing on a normal small world trying to complete the pumpkin moon and frost moon events.
And the game freezes every time. At what wave varies depending on what settings.
The furthest i can get is wave 12 on pumpkin moon with switch undocked auto save off and the screen zoomed out till just before it changes to the map.

Has anyone been able to complete the event? Either till ens of waves or night finishes without the game crashing? If so what settings were you using?

And yes i have submitted a report using the link.
Hi there @Panaraft, welcome to the forums. :)

Thanks for sharing your info here, and I'm glad to know that you have sent in a report using the link. For others that are stopping by here, this link is the quickest and guaranteed way to get your info in front of the Pipeworks (the console developers): Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Do you have a lot of traps and projectiles happening during the events? Is it just freezing, or is it actually crashing? If you don't use traps, does it still do that? I know it can be hard to complete the event without traps though, I myself use them tons, but just to see if it makes a difference. Sorry I don't have any better news or a solution.

Yeah my current arena has about 40 traps.
My original arena was just a platform above some lava and i was using cannon to deal damage to mobs below while dodging attacks. The original arena crashed at wave 4.
Sometimes it freezes first vision stops but audio keeps going till you press home button. When going back to game the audio has stopped. The game doesnt recover and needs to be closed.
Other times it crashes right away with both audio and vision stopping. Then have to press home button to close the game.
I have also tried running the game from internal storage instead of sd card but it didnt make a difference.

Yeah my current arena has about 40 traps.
My original arena was just a platform above some lava and i was using cannon to deal damage to mobs below while dodging attacks. The original arena crashed at wave 4.
Sometimes it freezes first vision stops but audio keeps going till you press home button. When going back to game the audio has stopped. The game doesnt recover and needs to be closed.
Other times it crashes right away with both audio and vision stopping. Then have to press home button to close the game.
I have also tried running the game from internal storage instead of sd card but it didnt make a difference.
That’s all good info, if the report you sent in using the link didn’t contain all of that, I’d recommend sending in a new one with all of that detail. If you already did let the developers know all of this, all you can do is that they find the source of the problem, and any new details you find be sure to send in. A lot of times they (and their testers) aren’t having these issues, so they need as much detail as possible to replicate it in house.

Incase anyone else is having this issue. I have managed to get to wave 15 of the pumpkin moon event till night time runs out playing undocked.

Still having issues with frost moon event though.

I used 36 spike traps max. ( tried 48 traps but it kept crashing)
Had 1 deadly sphere minion and 1 eye of cthulhu so i can attack. ( cant use glove or counter balance for yoyo boosts or game will crash )
You might be able to use more minions but i didnt want to push my luck.

These are the settings general settings i used.
Music 0%
Sound 0%
Ambient 0%
Autosave off
Autopause on
Pickup text off
Smart cursor mode toggle
Event progress bar timed
Placement preview off
Blood and gore off
Highlight new items off
UI opacity 80%
Parallax 0%

There are several times towards the end from wave 10ish that the frame rate drops right down that it looks like it might crash. But i have managed to complete 3 pumkin moon events from 730pm to 430am ingame time with out the game crashing with these settings.

Edit: i dont have pda yet ( havnt done fishing quests) you cant have all other 3 info items in your inventory or the event will crash.
If i just have the gps item so it tells the ingame time it wont crash. ( dont eqip goblin tech or r.e.k 3000 )

Last edited:
Incase anyone else is having this issue. I have managed to get to wave 15 of the pumpkin moon event till night time runs out playing undocked.

Still having issues with frost moon event though.

I used 36 spike traps max. ( tried 48 traps but it kept crashing)
Had 1 deadly sphere minion and 1 eye of cthulhu so i can attack. ( cant use glove or counter balance for yoyo boosts or game will crash )
You might be able to use more minions but i didnt want to push my luck.

These are the settings general settings i used.
Music 0%
Sound 0%
Ambient 0%
Autosave off
Autopause on
Pickup text off
Smart cursor mode toggle
Event progress bar timed
Placement preview off
Blood and gore off
Highlight new items off
UI opacity 80%
Parallax 0%

There are several times towards the end from wave 10ish that the frame rate drops right down that it looks like it might crash. But i have managed to complete 3 pumkin moon events from 730pm to 430am ingame time with out the game crashing with these settings.

Edit: i dont have pda yet ( havnt done fishing quests) you cant have all other 3 info items in your inventory or the event will crash.
If i just have the gps item so it tells the ingame time it wont crash. ( dont eqip goblin tech or r.e.k 3000 )
Great info @Panaraft, thanks for following up and sharing it here for others.

Back
Top Bottom