Switch Switch World not loading

MySimplePixel

Spazmatism
So I've been playing an expert world on the Switch. Gone to play it today and it just won't load that world. It goes through the loading percentage, but then just the terraria logo, background and music remains.

All my other worlds seem to load. I've tried creating a new character, deleting the software and redownloading, loading different worlds. Not sure what else to try. I've sent a video to the Terraria logics twitter to see if they have any idea (link below).

MySimplePixel on Twitter

I'll be gutted if I've lost this world as I've spent the most time on it.

Any help will be appreciated.

So I've been playing an expert world on the Switch. Gone to play it today and it just won't load that world. It goes through the loading percentage, but then just the terraria logo, background and music remains.

All my other worlds seem to load. I've tried creating a new character, deleting the software and redownloading, loading different worlds. Not sure what else to try. I've sent a video to the Terraria logics twitter to see if they have any idea (link below).

MySimplePixel on Twitter

I'll be gutted if I've lost this world as I've spent the most time on it.

Any help will be appreciated.
Hi @Akradon, does docking it make any difference?

I’m having the exact same issue! I took all the same steps. Docking doesn’t do anything. It’s such a bummer. :( I would love to know how to get my world back, I put a lot of work into it and was just starting to get the hang of things. Makes me wary of putting any more time into this game.

I am having the same issue. So many hours into a large expert world... not loading... Makes me nervous to even start another world!

Having the same issue... Really hoping I'll be able to recover it when ever you guys push out a patch.

I too had the same issue. Thankfully I only put about 7 hours into it but I get it if you spent tons of time on it. I just assumed it was a corrupted world and I just made another with the same character. Sorry about your losses bros, it really sucks

This is related to placing item frames and training dummies in your world. A fix for this should be included in the upcoming patch. Working on getting that out to everyone asap.

The same thing happened to me, but with this new patch, will we be able to get back into our worlds? I really don't want to start over, I already built a lot on my pre-hard mode expert world.

I too had the same issue. Thankfully I only put about 7 hours into it but I get it if you spent tons of time on it. I just assumed it was a corrupted world and I just made another with the same character. Sorry about your losses bros, it really sucks
So when the update comes out will we be able to get back into that world?

I have same problem, but I notice when I create dummy targets, thats when I realeze my world stop loading.

I’m also having this problem... I had put an item frame in my house, and the next time I tried to go on that world it wouldn’t load. I made a second world, but I would really like to use my other world again. Hoping that it is salvageable whenever the patch comes out

Im sorry but ive seen the asap response before and it took months to get bugs fixed.
I understand, and it can be frustrating waiting. Sometimes the duration of months IS as soon as it could possibly have been done. :merchantsmile: Game development and fixing bugs isn’t as easy as we sometimes think.

Sorry I haven't been active. But thanks for all the responses. Hopefully the patch is out soon . On another note, I've noticed that the slimy saddle doesn't bounce off enemies?

Back
Top Bottom