System.OutOfMemoryException, Please help!

Newtroner

Terrarian
I have been trying to fix this error for around 2 days now, I stopped playing terraria for about a month and uninstalled it, now that the 1.4 update has came out i wanted to try it out so i re downloaded it but now whenever i try to start up terraria this error pops up:

System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsHelpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, UInt32 usage, _D3DPOOL pool, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Boolean mipMap, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Texture2DReader.Read(ContentReader input, Texture2D existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader.Read(ContentReader input, DynamicSpriteFont existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at ReLogic.Content.Readers.XnbReader.InternalContentManager.Load[T]()
at ReLogic.Content.Readers.XnbReader.FromStream[T](Stream stream)
at ReLogic.Content.AssetReaderCollection.Read[T](Stream stream, String extension)
at ReLogic.Content.AssetLoader.TryLoad[T](String assetName, IContentSource source, T& resultAsset)
at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.TryLoadingAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.LoadAsset[T](Asset`1 asset, AssetRequestMode mode)
at ReLogic.Content.AssetRepository.Request[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAsset[T](String assetName, AssetRequestMode mode)
at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadFonts(AssetRequestMode mode)
at Terraria.Initializers.AssetInitializer.LoadAssetsWhileInInitialBlackScreen()
at Terraria.Main.<LoadContent_Deferred>d__1155.MoveNext()
at Terraria.Main.DrawSplash(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Please help!

chances are, you don't have enough RAM. memory refers to your RAM (I'm assuming ur not too great with things like this), and it can be easily checked by going into task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) click more details if you have the option. then navigate to the Performance tab and look at Memory. It should tell you how many GB are in use out of how many GB there are. An easy way to check if all your RAM is being used up, is to launch terraria and then look at how much memory is in use. If it's over 90% it's safe to assume you don't have enough memory to play. Also some looking around in the performance tab should give you the specs. i.e. clicking on the CPU should display your clock speed at the top right in GHz. post that along with your RAM and your graphics (GPU) and that should get you to the minimum so that darthmorf can help you too

chances are, you don't have enough RAM. memory refers to your RAM (I'm assuming ur not too great with things like this), and it can be easily checked by going into task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) click more details if you have the option. then navigate to the Performance tab and look at Memory. It should tell you how many GB are in use out of how many GB there are. An easy way to check if all your RAM is being used up, is to launch terraria and then look at how much memory is in use. If it's over 90% it's safe to assume you don't have enough memory to play. Also some looking around in the performance tab should give you the specs. i.e. clicking on the CPU should display your clock speed at the top right in GHz. post that along with your RAM and your graphics (GPU) and that should get you to the minimum so that darthmorf can help you too
Tysm for tge reply, ill reply again soon with as much info as i can

I ran into a bit of an issue as i was not able to start up terraria because of the error but hope this helps

1589844745586.png

Your computer only has 2 GB of RAM. Terraria requires 2.5, minimum:

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-05-18 20-34-17.png
    Screenshot from 2020-05-18 20-34-17.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 101
oooh ok it used to work before 1.4 but its probably been changed, thanks!

I'm sorry, that's unfortunate. Out of curiosity, how did version 1.3 perform on your computer? Because its CPU is also not very fast, so I wonder if it the game would stutter or get very low fps...

I'm sorry, that's unfortunate. Out of curiosity, how did version 1.3 perform on your computer? Because its CPU is also not very fast, so I wonder if it the game would stutter or get very low fps...
had to put the settings on pretty low but it ran just fine, was able to get to hard mode no issues before the update. Thanks for the help :D

edit: played a few large mods such as calamity and it also worked just fine.

No worries. But anyway, I heard that in a future update, they will let us choose between 1.3 and 1.4 on Steam. So fingers crossed!

No worries. But anyway, I heard that in a future update, they will let us choose between 1.3 and 1.4 on Steam. So fingers crossed!
hopefully! but I should be fine because i can still play on xbox, it might take a while for 1.4 to come out but i can just enjoy 1.3 in the meantime. :D

Back
Top Bottom