PC System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException

MrOpsuit

Terrarian
Hi when i open terraria i have this error: System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at Terraria.IO.Preferences.Save(Boolean createFile)
at Terraria.Main.SaveSettings()
at Terraria.Main.OpenSettings()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.InternalMain(String[] args)
I have try to delete files from user/documents/mygames/terraria but nothing help me pleaseee

Last edited:
I was going to ask if you upgraded Windows recently, since this is a common issue with Windows 10, but I see you already did.

Not sure what to tell you. Have you tried creating a shortcut and running as administrator?

I also upgraded but Terraria ran fine in Windows 10 initially.Terraria runs fine on my laptop next to me (upgraded same day). The only difference is the laptop never hosted a Terraria server.

At some point in troubleshooting my pre1.3 world server issues I deleted the config.json file as per a guide off the Steam Community recommending to resolve this error. Since then I can't launch the game and I can't play at all let alone run the server we were using. I have removed and reinstalled the game to no avail. Please help.

UPDATE:
OK! I was able to play the game by creating a NON-steam shortcut set as Admin as others have mentioned.

Go to Steam located installed game and right click - properties
Click Local Files tab, Browse Local Files...
Right click Terraria.exe (Send to>Create Shortcut on Desktop)
Right click shortcut on desktop - properties. Click Advanced... button
Check run as administrator and click OK. OK. Double Click Shortcut on Desktop to run.

After this I was able to launch the game properly in Steam!!!! It recreated the My Games content when launched from the shortcut created above and everything works perfect now.

Last edited:
Yes work thank you.
I don't think was so trivial, i was going crazy because i did not understand the problem ahaha. Now i can have fun with terraria

@Unit One I have did some research on this and steps were giving to make a shortcut and run as admin. I did this and now a new error appears. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

@Unit One I have did some research on this and steps were giving to make a shortcut and run as admin. I did this and now a new error appears. System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(AppId_t unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable`1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)
Are you using mods or tModLoader @Drokos1327? That 'CSteamworks' is something that I always see associated with tModLoader.

@Unit One no I'm not using any mods this is my first time downloading terraria on this computer. It worked fine on my old one. Ive never seen these errors before. How would I be able to check though?

I downloaded terraria from steam I bought it 2 years ago
I'm not sure what the solution for your error is @Drokos1327. Hopefully another member does know. Have you tried 'Verify integrity of game files'

click to enlarge
upload_2017-12-22_18-58-30.png

Back
Top Bottom