T-MEC Logos (Alternatives, etc.)

ZeroGravitas

The Destroyer
Earlier I got around to throwing together a quick group logo, since we seem to have settled on a new (better) name (thank's to @Stahn Aileron's suggestion). I was only really aiming to make a place-holder, to spruce the place up until someone (else) comes up with a sexier mechanical artwork. I kinda like the simplicity of it though...

Q8hc60I.png
ysDPyso.png

XwQbcXm.png
3lB6E53.png

Feel free to use any of these variations in your signatures (preferably with a link to the group page too!:D). That's if you like them, obviously, (all hosted here, on imgur). But I'll not be at all insulted if anyone makes/customises their own. I'm sure we can do far better then my basic effort - I'm imaging a compact, semi-functional, wire riddled dynamic artwork that will make my old hoik logo look clunky... But think outside the box by all means!

I've steered away from animated gifs, for the sake of my eyes and my sanity:confused:, but if an amazing animated creation where to materialise, I may be forced to stick it up (grudgingly :p). I'm also looking to post a couple of cool mechanical creations on the top of the main page (probably as thumbnails due to space limits), to give a quick flavour of what we have to offer, and show off a little.

Finally, I've not touched the group's avatar image at the moment, which is the simple (but effective?) wire wrench. Thoughts on this too?
Wrench.png

Edit (2016-03-16): front page animated (2 step) Gif logo. Full and half size.
v29N0vT.gif

CjAMVcE.gif

Also, feel free to use these wire themed page dividers I made for my bigger posts, guides, etc. Right (Not sure I've explicitly posted these elsewhere, but here seems sensible too.) They're hosted on Imgur, and I will endeavor to keep them up indefinitely.

Posters should, in general, try to use externally hosted images to allow web visitors to see embedded pictures. Because of social group weirdness, natively attached images appear broken to outsiders without an account and being log in.

Edit (2016-03-17):
Just made various sized animated versions of the popular white background T-MEC logo badge...
IfD4d7j.gif

EW0Evao.gif

hX9BV80.gif

Not sure it would make sense to go any smaller.

Edit (2016-04-06) - competition winners:
Oh4QysV.gif
gHltSWf.gif
xjqrqwf.gif
VyOIZGY.gif

jwdHQOw.gif
IHuEwsX.gif
OQWuZGm.gif
y6KUQr3.gif

Edit 2016-05-25: new decorative text dividers, at full brightness, including the lovely new yellow, plus a line of actuators, for good luck!

Last edited:
I've added intermediate re-sized version. Should be handy for anyone wanting a larger signature badge, that isn't *too* big.

we could have this as our avatar, Its by derpothemagnificent.
Cool, he's like a little chemist, if that's a glowing green test tube in his hand? Is derpo offering this to us specifically, or just anyone in general? Where'd you find the actual pic?

i made a thing
BLCszV0.png

dunno if its useful
That looks great! I've been musing on how depressingly grey our logo and front page currently look, so an injection of colour would be very welcome in my opinion. :)

As it is, your picture is perhaps two times too tall to fit reasonably in place of the current logo. So, do you think you could find a way to refine it? Would it still work if you collapse the height of the fountains (and maybe letters or surround too)?

Also, I know I've come out firmly against animation, but fountains like this do lend themselves rather well to movement... So, maybe actuating blocks to change the paths of the flow? I also suggest something like this to show that it's mechanised, given that there's currently no overt hint of automation in there.

And to be outright finickity, I'd wonder if it's possible to avoid the waterfalls closing off the open parts of letters (it might look like the wrong letter if used as a thumbnail, etc). Also, I might suggest making the "T" green, mostly because I like green and always want to see more of it, heh. But what do other's think of having a a nice colourful/colorful emblem for a while (presuming we're a little like Google and change it out somewhat regularly...).

Edit: I'd prefer to make logos with transparent backgrounds too, because I feel they integrate better into pages. Again, I'm finickity, sorry.

I requested it on his sprite thread and I was going to use it for a suggestion... but decided in the end not too.

Also, I know I've come out firmly against animation, but fountains like this do lend themselves rather well to movement... So, maybe actuating blocks to change the paths of the flow? I also suggest something like this to show that it's mechanised, given that there's currently no overt hint of automation in there.

My computer is too rubbish to record, if i send the world (with some edits) to you, can you record?

I edited the gem spark thing
cWsY1Kt.png

Ok, so the skeletons toggle the gemspark blocks on and off like a wave, the they get despawned when they fall down the right side
The bird statue spawns birds which are killed by the flame trap
How is this for engineering?

Here is the world, but you will have to open it using TAPI r14a I'm sorry....
Ah right, I've been keeping my install totally mod free for now (so might take even longer before I'd get around to opening that, sorry. Downloaded it ready though.)...

BTW, I really didn't mean to put you off having waterfalls altogether - I liked them a lot, they were just a bit tall. Maybe we can figure out a compromise.

can probably fit a couple in at the side and sync them with the skeletons using actuators ad whatnot
Whatever you think looks good, there's no solid requirements. But if you can fit all the elements inside a solid boarder (or use a totally smooth textured background) that would make turning it into a (partially transparent) logo a lot easier. You could have the skeletons walk along directly underneath the letters, then flames from either side kill them (instead of the bird) and also underline all the letter briefly... Just ideas.

Whatever you think looks good, there's no solid requirements. But if you can fit all the elements inside a solid boarder (or use a totally smooth textured background) that would make turning it into a (partially transparent) logo a lot easier. You could have the skeletons walk along directly underneath the letters, then flames from either side kill them (instead of the bird) and also underline all the letter briefly... Just ideas.

nice ideas but i think spear traps will work better but either trap is feasible

How is it?
Looking increasingly interesting! Might have to see how many more mechanical elements you can squeeze in, if you keep incrementing the design. :cool: For instance, with a continuous stream of skeletons, like that, you could easily add a row of dart traps (e.g. 15 on the right, facing back along the top, for continuous fire). And figure out something to shoot at, etc...

I bet i could get some hoiks or a teleporter in there and use them to transport some skeletons into the dart trap line

OMG how a bout using a desert water fountain to make the water look like oil. it would be cool
how about it ZeroGravitas?

EDIT: screw it i'm doing it anyway

Back
Top Bottom