[T-MEC] Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps

@DicemanX lays down the rules in this old thread (that I showed briefly): "The Engineer Playthrough!" http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/challenge-the-engineer-playthrough.5970/

I think I'll just use my own, weird rules.
I'm going to allow myself use explosives(I think they count as tools) or indirect combat like summons(summoning is important in farming, right?)

And maybe the slap hand to keep enemies away, not to kill them.

The beginning's going to be difficult anyway!

Oh good, my boulder spam managed to get included.

I'm sure that must have been a fun surprise while recording.
Mfyvt4g.gif

E: I meant during the building of the logo, not the Skeletron fight.

Last edited:
Holy crap! The warm and fuzzies I had seeing my name and avatar in that video. And to think I'm the one that made the winning name suggestion. And the flooded world I posted as well.

I also realized (belatedly) that the term "cascading timers" I used on the old forum to highlight that mechanic actually stuck. That never registered until a few weeks ago that the term I coined actually was being used normally. (Since I came up with it, that occurrence never clicked after the fact until like a week after ZeroGravitas asked me for input and feedback for the showcase video he wanted to do.)

After watching the video, I kind of want to make another world and flood it using the contraption I made. I posted a picture of the resultant map view, but not of the actual set-up I used.

@Safeman uh... why has this been submitted April 8th (and thusly found at the bottom of the main page)? Isn't today the 30th?
Time travel anomaly? Basically what @Tunnel King said, @Loki and I have been compiling pieces of this over time. Happy to share it with everyone and see some new interest in the T-Mec community :) I even started an Engineer playthrough a couple weeks ago!

I'm going to allow myself use explosives
I personally think that's fair, the placed explosives, that is, since they are wired, and aren't exactly cheap.
summoning is important in farming, right?
I'd argue that use of summons would make it a summoning play-through. ;) Since they became a separate class of their own. @DicemanX uses the stardust dragon (particularly) in AFK farms, because it's the best for that, but he's also shown it's possible to beat all the bosses with only spears and cleverly automated player movement. :)
my boulder spam managed to get included. [...] must have been a fun surprise while recording.
Mfyvt4g.gif
I didn't notice at first, since I was so engrossed, slogging away block-by-block of @Lucky Lucky Horseshoe 's detailed "M" design (focus!). But it was an amusing addition to have on the time-lapse. I hope @Lycos Hayes didn't mind you bouldering his "C", lol!:naughty:
he skull moved out of the eay but it still got killed by the very last boulders
As @Agastya edited in, the credit of that belongs to @Raislin, from this post (cheers for the cool video!
the term "cascading timers" [...] I coined actually was being used
Yup, well if you come up with a good name, that fits just right, it tends to get used. ;)
I even started an Engineer playthrough a couple weeks ago!
Oh, wow! How's it going? The beginning's got to be a right struggle (I've never actually tried, myself :naughty:). By all means post any of your trials or tribulation progress to the thread.
Sweet to see the group being showcased like this :D
About time we managed to put a little feature together, eh? I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get a video like this made, etc. The advantage, of course, was that there was so much more material to pick from (too much), compared to a year ago, say. More of your stuff, @Bahamut2001, that I would have liked to have added in, let alone other's. So thanks for contributing to the group, one and all.:happy:

It's... How is it... Just... Wow...':eek:
Arceus, how is all that stuff possible. It's amazingly amazing! I have no idea what's going on in the video, but it's awesome anyway!
I've never really been into wiring, but I think I may visit T-MEC really soon. Maybe then I'll understand how everything some of it works. `:p
Congrats to y'all! `:)

So boulder do not fall when placed on top of teleporters that are then removed? Is it because teleporters are so large but still solid blocks?
when teleporters are stacked a certain height, then mined out from the bottom, they leave items a certain number of tiles above it suspended in mid air.

when teleporters are stacked a certain height, then mined out from the bottom, they leave items a certain number of tiles above it suspended in mid air.
Oh, thanks. Can teleportes themselves be placed midair by removing the blocks underneath it?

Back
Top Bottom