[T-MEC] Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps

It should look like this. (See attached image)

Attachments

• 105600_screenshots_wire fix.jpg
    105600_screenshots_wire fix.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 348
Thank you, it worked this time. I was treating it as two different systems rather than a single one.
Now to scale it up so I can teleport across my large world.

On other news, I discovered that the player above sensor does not work on enemy mobs, so I can't make motion sensitive traps or a perpetual murder machine.
Maybe I make something with a series of pumps and liquid sensors.

Day and night sensors work beautifully though.

Thank you, it worked this time. I was treating it as two different systems rather than a single one.
Now to scale it up so I can teleport across my large world.

On other news, I discovered that the player above sensor does not work on enemy mobs, so I can't make motion sensitive traps or a perpetual murder machine.
Maybe I make something with a series of pumps and liquid sensors.

Day and night sensors work beautifully though.
Well of course "player" sensors were meant to sense players. You could just use yellow pressure plates for mob traps. Yellow plates are triggered by anything but the player. So you could run across all the traps you want and they won't trigger. For mobs, stepping on yellow plates wired to traps is going to hurt. XD Just be sure you are not in the same area of the traps when a mob is there to trigger it. Of course if that is a problem where you need to go through places that mobs setting off traps would hurt you too. You could add player sensors that disable a trap while you are there so mobs can't set them off and hit you too. It depends on what kind of traps you have. The spike balls kind of bounce around for a while so those might not be the best thing for a safe area for players but a not safe area for mobs.

Ok, next project - how do I make a water powered repeating trap system activated via a switch and a logic gate?
It either goes on forever, even if I try to turn it off, or it doesn't turn on at all.

Last edited:
Ok, next project - how do I make a water powered repeating trap system activated via a switch?
It either goes on forever, even if I try to turn it off, or it doesn't turn on at all.
A screen shot of what you are trying to do would help. But you could just wire the water sensor to a simple logic gate to turn the traps on and off. That way it won't matter if the water sensor is going off like crazy. It would work just using the same thing you use for your teleporters. Wire the water sensor to the faulty lamp. The on/off switch to the lamp under that, and the traps wired to the output of the logic gate.

Yeah, was a taking a screenshot just now.

7BA744E0E64178E515C5131E40703185F1C03D58

Yeah, I thought I had to use a transistor, but I was attaching the sensors to the traps. Then I tried a normal gate and that didn't work either.

Yeah, was a taking a screenshot just now.

7BA744E0E64178E515C5131E40703185F1C03D58

Yeah, I thought I had to use a transistor, but I was attaching the sensors to the traps. Then I tried a normal gate and that didn't work either.

Well you don't have the pumps wired, so not sure how you planned to run the water, but maybe add in a timer.
105600_screenshots_fixed.jpg

yeah, it was still in progress, and I didn't do all the wiring.
Well, I did get it to work in the end, but now I have a problem - the reservoir gets filled and the system stops running.
Any ideas where to send the excess water? I'm tempted to send it all to the underworld.

yeah, it was still in progress, and I didn't do all the wiring.
Well, I did get it to work in the end, but now I have a problem - the reservoir gets filled and the system stops running.
Any ideas where to send the excess water? I'm tempted to send it all to the underworld.
Yeah, as soon as I clicked Post Reply I was thinking why would you use a water engine thingy anyways? Doesn't the water duplicate over time even with just a pump? So I was thinking maybe a spear trap engine could be set up for this instead. But not sure if such a fast device is even necessary because all traps do have a cool down time.

Because its a new toy, and I like new toys :D. I usually use a timers for my traps. Seems to have the same rate of fire anyway.
Thanks for the help. I think I solved the duplication problem by putting the outlet pump over the the channel with the sensors, rather than to the side. There appears to be a slight decrease in rof, but its more reliable that way.

Yes, I do have traps unwired. I forgot about those. Will take care of them later.

I'll build a water engine for the statues next. I want to see if its faster than timers.

8A9DAC660822D72C112A7AF2E73A1F71C3408C17

You could also build a drain pump to the side that would kick on only when the water level gets too high.

Well I made a spear trap engine... There is just 1 problem...

Capture 2016-06-27 11_13_56.png
Capture 2016-06-27 11_17_16.png

I didn't put in any kind of way to stop it. XD
So it's going to just keep spamming those teal plates forever. `:confused:

xD
Yeah, I made a perpetual trap machine as well. One of my water experiments just kept going. It made leaving the bunker rather...difficult -_-

Hello, I'm a big fan of @DicemanX and @ZeroGravitas, but I was wondering if I am able to join t-mec. I'm new to wiring and would really like to learn a lot more about it(in case you're wondering I play the Xbox 360) so if anyone is willing to help me learn, it's VERY much appreciated. The most I have ever done is Teleporters (yeah I'm bad), it would mean a lot if I could join

Hello, I'm a big fan of @DicemanX and @ZeroGravitas, but I was wondering if I am able to join t-mec. I'm new to wiring and would really like to learn a lot more about it(in case you're wondering I play the Xbox 360) so if anyone is willing to help me learn, it's VERY much appreciated. The most I have ever done is Teleporters (yeah I'm bad), it would mean a lot if I could join
Joining T-MEC is easy, just go to the group page and click join! There's a link in my signature!

Back
Top Bottom