Yeah but, they have gone silent multiple times.Long silence can mean several things:
1) it is close-ish to release and it's pointless to make non-final teaser, but too soon to make final one with release date announcement.
2) they had to do another overhaul or had some other reason to significantly prolong or even reset development process to square one.
3) for some reason they just stopped caring about keeping the hype up. It's somewhat wise, since hype train can lead to big wreck.
4) There's no info that can be teased without major spoilers atm.
1 - Sure its not near release, was already delayed multiple times. They used to release spoilers weekly, they can release one before a final one.
2. I highly doubt they have to rework the entire game 1 month after reworking it
3 - Could lead to problems ( I.e nobody wanting to buy it)
4 - Still does not stop them from saying ANYTHING (Even like a tweet saying its going well) for 3-8 Months)