Game Mechanics "Tactical" Reloads - Because reloading is a way of life

Huh, I like the idea of the tactical reload. I really like the Vortex Beater, though, and have an alternate suggestion for it's tactical reload.

When reloading, the Vortex Beater ejects an unstable power cell that is lobbed forward in a short arc like a grenade. Once it hits an enemy or surface it explodes and creates a gravity well that pulls and holds enemies, while dealing damage-over-time until it dissipates.

Huh, I like the idea of the tactical reload. I really like the Vortex Beater, though, and have an alternate suggestion for it's tactical reload.

When reloading, the Vortex Beater ejects an unstable power cell that is lobbed forward in a short arc like a grenade. Once it hits an enemy or surface it explodes and creates a gravity well that pulls and holds enemies, while dealing damage-over-time until it dissipates.
Hey, that's a very nice idea! I'll be adding that to the OP.

Some of these seem really over the top, but I find myself liking it a lot more on the whole than I thought I would.

3 main archtypes, 3 main archtypes, 3 MAIN ARCHTYPES! *Cue the sound of every summoner yelling "REEEEEEEEEEE" simultaneously*

3 main archtypes, 3 main archtypes, 3 MAIN ARCHTYPES! *Cue the sound of every summoner yelling "REEEEEEEEEEE" simultaneously*
Summoner is like that one mentally challenged kid whose parents have to apologize for the behavior of anytime the family visits a restaurant.

Summoner is like that one mentally challenged kid whose parents have to apologize for the behavior of anytime the family visits a restaurant.
And your summation of the Summoner class is like that creepy uncle people invite to family gatherings despite the fact that maybe only one or two people genuinely like him.

Some of the reload effects are a little excessive, mostly the later ones. Guns should just be guns, not guns with bonus mage-y projectiles.
Also, why just the guns? Could similar logic also be applied to bows?
BTW, the ammo should be the thing determining the reload effect, after all, it is the (currently) most unique thing about the ranger class.
Otherwise, great plan, A+.

Some of the reload effects are a little excessive, mostly the later ones. Guns should just be guns, not guns with bonus mage-y projectiles.
BTW, the ammo should be the thing determining the reload effect, after all, it is the (currently) most unique thing about the ranger class.
Repeaters could use the reloading mechanic, but it would be weird for bows to do that.

It is a reference to Borderlands, where guns made by a specific manufacturer (Tediore) throw their ammo at the enemies instead of reloading regularly.

Guns should just be guns, not guns with bonus mage-y projectiles.
I disagree. Most of the guns in the game are quite generic compared to basically every magic and melee weapon.
Calamity has guns that are more than just copy-pastes of one another, and it works out great. And this suggestion's a way to bring vanilla guns to Calamity's level, without overhauling them completely.

However, calamity is massively overpowered, and I worry that this would add far too much power to all range weapons. Range has to rely more on the accuracy of the ranger, rather than the power of each shot.

I support the ever loving :red: out of this. Rangers DESPERATELY need some variation within there "strategic" playstyle.

Also, the reload-throw thing sounds like a solid boarderlands referance.

Back
Top Bottom