Taking the Journey on the Road: Terraria Journey's End Launches on Mobile Today!

I just remembered attempting to change the time to St. Patrick's Day right before the 1.3 update, to farm for rainbow pieces and craft them into pots o gold. The update would have turned them into several gold bunnies, worth 10 gold each (and now would have been an amazing food source). Sadly, my tablet didn't let me do that. :(
Edit: I finally found the problem. It had something to do with Screen Time password protection.

Last edited:
What gamepad setup are you using in terms of your button maps? Have you accidentally toggled Swap Shoulders? What gamepad model?

I'm using X3 wireless bluetooth gamepad. I've tried toggle swap shoulders but still, RT and LT don't work

There was a mistake with the first update sent to Amazon, which resulted in 1.3.0.7.9 going out again... that has since been rectified and 1.4 should have been on Amazon since Friday.

As far as I understand Mobile, it renders in whatever the native resolution of the phone is. As for the level of zoom, what you have now matches PC - until you run into aspect ratio issues. As an example - taking from my iPhone X - I reach the allowable maximum horizontal zoom before I reach the vertical. Thus, it will appear that I don't have "PC-level zoom" when I actually do. The issue is that I cannot go beyond that level of vertical zoom without taking the horizontal to beyond-PC standard. This results in a balance and performance minefield.

So, basically, you can take it as far out as you want... until either your X or Y axis hits the PC-level boundary. That's extremely unlikely to change.

If you mean that chat messages are not showing unless you are in inventory, this is an issue that will be fixed in 1.4.0.5.1... but for now, just make sure that you have the Tutorials turned off in the Settings (the little Light Bulb in the upper right corner should vanish/be replaced with the Chat Bubble icon).

What gamepad setup are you using in terms of your button maps? Have you accidentally toggled Swap Shoulders? What gamepad model?

my terraria is locking the controls from 1.3
the controls freeze and I can't change anything and there are times when the analog sticks to the side and the doll starts to walk alone.
fix this problem please

my cell phone and an Android 6.0 j5

My personal theory is that the state of the game is delayed so that console 1.4 can come out

Who said it was delayed? I've said before to take that Calendar with a grain of salt. :p

You are not getting console in the next two days - I wish that could be the case, but that is simply impossible. SOTG will have some updates - but that will not include a date at this time. There is a LOT more that needs to get done than people are thinking about. Pre-Alpha means that not all of the core features desired are in, much less optimized and fully tested. That said, with mobile 1.4 and its fixes wrapping up, the era of DR Console Focus will begin... and we will see how fast that progresses. ;)

I'm using X3 wireless bluetooth gamepad. I've tried toggle swap shoulders but still, RT and LT don't work

my terraria is locking the controls from 1.3
the controls freeze and I can't change anything and there are times when the analog sticks to the side and the doll starts to walk alone.
fix this problem please

my cell phone and an Android 6.0 j5

Would advise you both to make a post in the Mobile Bug Reports section so that DR can see it directly versus these being buried on page 12 of this thread. Will have to see what details they can provide.

Who said it was delayed? I've said before to take that Calendar with a grain of salt. :p

You are not getting console in the next two days - I wish that could be the case, but that is simply impossible. SOTG will have some updates - but that will not include a date at this time. There is a LOT more that needs to get done than people are thinking about. Pre-Alpha means that not all of the core features desired are in, much less optimized and fully tested. That said, with mobile 1.4 and its fixes wrapping up, the era of DR Console Focus will begin... and we will see how fast that progresses. ;)

Would advise you both to make a post in the Mobile Bug Reports section so that DR can see it directly versus these being buried on page 12 of this thread. Will have to see what details they can provide.

Fine, thank you . and 1.4.1 will take time to arrive on mobile?

Thank you Loki for clarifying. I had a little too high of hopes, but I can't wait to see what DR studios can get done!

Thank you Loki for clarifying. I had a little too high of hopes, but I can't wait to see what DR studios can get done!

I think a lot of folks on the Console side are grossly underestimating the amount of work needed to get done to get that where it needs to be. Having gone through the scoping process of "where we are and what remains to get it where we want" vs the expectations that ~ 1 week after the mobile 1.4 release that we would have either a launch or an exact date underscores that.

"The literal game content exists" is just one step in a multi-step process to provide what is planned - and we do not figure on cutting any corners to get there. That does and will take time. How much time is still in question - which is why you don't have a date. :)

(I don't mean that personally, of course - just in general)

Any news on what will happen to the rest of the Console exclusives?
Edit: Based on this post, it seems as if the answer to that question is still unknown

Last edited:
Hi, is there any way to get the Golfer NPC in a world generated before 1.3?

According to the wiki page:

"It is possible to get a golfer in an old world without an underground desert. You need to build a desert with the sandstone walls and get the music to play. Then you must clentaminate the biome to hallow, corruption, or crimson then revert it back to normal. Doing this makes the background walls turn into naturally generated walls allowing mobs to spawn. Then get a battle potion, water candle, and wait."

Source: Golfer
Edit: fixed grammar in quote (and wiki source)

According to the wiki page:

"It is possible to get a golfer in an old world without an underground desert. You need to build a desert with the sandstone walls and get the music to play. Then you must clentaminate the biome to hallow, corruption, or crimson then revert it back to normal. Doing this makes the background walls turn into naturally generated walls allowing mobs to spawn. Then get a battle potion, water candle, and wait."

Source: Golfer
Edit: fixed grammar in quote (and wiki source)
That is so smart I would have never ever thought of doing that

Back
Top Bottom