Map-Adventure Tales of the Terrarian

how to get the waterbolt in emerald level ?
It was in the chest up top. The lever puzzle with actuating coloured walls. Get to the chest, but not the one all the way up top, that's the gem chest - the water bolt is in a chest lower than that point., but still high. And to the left.

I think the second level might need updating. The section where you need to grab the rope while underwater, I am unable to grab the rope at all. It's either I really suck at parkour, or the recent change to the water physics has screwed with that section.

I think the second level might need updating. The section where you need to grab the rope while underwater, I am unable to grab the rope at all. It's either I really suck at parkour, or the recent change to the water physics has screwed with that section.
It's water physics. I cheated all the broken puzzles/parkour bits and I remember I did that one legit.

This is a really well designed map. Although I take some issue with it being called "nothing too difficult." It had me raging pretty often. Although that's mainly due to it relying heavily on the cloud in a bottle, which can be a bit... finicky.

This is a really well designed map. Although I take some issue with it being called "nothing too difficult." It had me raging pretty often. Although that's mainly due to it relying heavily on the cloud in a bottle, which can be a bit... finicky.

Yeah, the Clouds are... not something I enjoy relying upon. I use them, oh yes. I like them, even.

I HATE, however, when you combine a CiaB with sloped surfaces.

Aye-yai-yai.

The number of times I'd hit the space bar..... ONCE..... ONCE! you stupid game, and my character jumps AND fires the CiaB a millisecond afterwards is enough to cause the aforementioned rage.

So many salty tears over having to repeat the same series of jumps (not just in this map but other adventure maps too) because my character keeps wanting to waste the Cloud. Nnngh. Especially when I tried STW and Clouds were limited. Hooo that was annoying as crap.

So yah, a bit less CiaB-based jumping (or at least make the CiaB jumps only for bypassing gear checks instead of requiring them for difficult jumping puzzles) would be nice.

Hello =3 great map I thought it was really fun to play. I will admit that I sucked at the claw wall climbing in Emerald, so I cheated after an hour of jumping up and down and got a pair of wings to get me up there, and then I put them in the box in the jewel room. >.< Sorry I suck at climbing lol, can't figure out how they're used.

If I want to try and replay the map again, is there a way to reset the map when it's finished, or shall I just redownload it again?

Hello =3 great map I thought it was really fun to play. I will admit that I sucked at the claw wall climbing in Emerald, so I cheated after an hour of jumping up and down and got a pair of wings to get me up there, and then I put them in the box in the jewel room. >.< Sorry I suck at climbing lol, can't figure out how they're used.

If I want to try and replay the map again, is there a way to reset the map when it's finished, or shall I just redownload it again?

Easiest thing to do with adventure maps, is when you download it... save it to somewhere like My Documents before playing it. When you are finished with a playthrough, simply copy from My Documents into Terraria's folder and overwrite the one there to "reset" it. That way, you don't have to re-download it.

Easiest thing to do with adventure maps, is when you download it... save it to somewhere like My Documents before playing it. When you are finished with a playthrough, simply copy from My Documents into Terraria's folder and overwrite the one there to "reset" it. That way, you don't have to re-download it.

Thank you for the tip. I will do that in the future! =3

Last edited:
I really liked this map. Some of the parkour sections were a bit hard for me but I managed to get them through perseverance (and some swearing). I was slightly amused to get a banner for killing the 6,900th hellbat ;)

I still haven't got the bonus heart from Amber, Diamond, and maybe Emerald? I have 340 HP on that character now. I'm not sure how to get to the hearts from Amber and Diamond, and not sure where to even look for the Emerald one (and I'm not too keen to do the waterbolt challenges again just to look through that part of the level (oh wait I should use the map)).

Very well made, overall not too hard, and very detailed as well. Well done!
A bit too short to my liking, but that is hardly a complaint; I'm just hungry for more. :)

I would recommend this to anyone. If you're reading this, I hope you're also downloading it to try it out, or you're missing out.

5stars.gif

I'm stuck on level 4.
on the last platform of the water bolt puzzle
It doesn't look like any of the video walk throughs, so it must've been updated since then? Any advice?

Back
Top Bottom