Map-Adventure Tales of the Terrarian

I think this part is broken...

Sand was already like that when I arrived.
1591754891297.png

Edit: found another broken part:

The companion cube AI changed and no longer turns arround when you face it.

1591756261802.png

Last edited:
Sand, Silt and Slush now destroys cobwebs, which broke a lot of contraptions in adventure maps. Although it looks like from my testings, that it only happens when the player goes relatively close into it's vicinity, so it might be possible to fix this, by placing the sand and cobwebs in TEdit much higher up.
I do have to say though, the 1.3.1 update gave a lot of content to help with adventure maps and wiring, but 1.4 is doing the opposite now...

Sand, Silt and Slush now destroys cobwebs, which broke a lot of contraptions in adventure maps. Although it looks like from my testings, that it only happens when the player goes relatively close into it's vicinity, so it might be possible to fix this, by placing the sand and cobwebs in TEdit much higher up.
I do have to say though, the 1.3.1 update gave a lot of content to help with adventure maps and wiring, but 1.4 is doing the opposite now...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't using actuators fix this?

I'm 100% sure it didn't work in the past, sand blocks just stayed on top of actuated blocks, even when turned off. Which kinda made sense to me, since two blocks can't be in the exact same position. But I went and tried it out again, just in case, so I don't say anything incorrect.
And it actually falls through now! This is a good news, much better solution than cobwebs tbh. Also, if the bottom block is the one being actuated, and there is another block below that, the sand block will just drop down as an item, that's how they solved it.

Also, if the bottom block is the one being actuated, and there is another block below that, the sand block will just drop down as an item, that's how they solved it.
Now I'm curious, can this method be used to remove a large chunk of sand quickly (by placing a layer of blocks below the blocks that support the sand, and actuating the support layer)?

i cant get past the tunnel in topaz area
View attachment 305482
am i doing something wrong?
1.4 update changed the sand mechanics which broke a lot of pre-1.4 adventure maps. While I'm not sure if this is a case of broken sand mechanics, there are other areas that don't work anymore as far as I remember. If you want to play this map I'd suggest playing in an older version of Terraria

I was stuck at the first Water Bolt puzzle for literally an hour, as it is possible to trigger the Left Pressure Plate and the Right Pressure Plate with arrows. I thought everyone has god-aim but nope, turns out you have to get the Water Bolt first :/

Maybe add some sort of barrier to prevent players from skipping the Water Bolt?

Edit: I successfully hit both pressure plates with arrows after 2 hours of practicing :D Tho I still can't get through the final gate...

| Video |

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom