Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

I have news, and those may improve the project stability.
I've split database and data from Skills, Status, Monsters and Items,
so the game will not have hundreds of information that all things of the
same type always have, and based on my testings, it didn't caused much
issues, but I will need to do a few deep testing on it, to track issues.

On other news, the game will now show on the end of the battle
the sprite of the item you acquired, since items like outfits can
have random colors, I wondered it would be nice if you could
see the color of your clothing right when you receive the notice
that an item were acquired.

Well, that is all for today news, I'll leak this image of the login island,
while I make the game allow only one player or npc monster in battle.
thecall.png

I don't know how much help I can be but I know how to program C# and have a certificate to prove it. I am also adapt at managing databases if necessary, although I have no idea how well my skills would translate to game making as I never attempted to create a game.

I don't know how much help I can be but I know how to program C# and have a certificate to prove it. I am also adapt at managing databases if necessary, although I have no idea how well my skills would translate to game making as I never attempted to create a game.
That seems good, but I've paused the development at the moment to do some work in the mod, but I believe some slow progress can be done
in the game, about your c# skills, have you tried to do some project with it?

That seems good, but I've paused the development at the moment to do some work in the mod, but I believe some slow progress can be done
in the game, about your c# skills, have you tried to do some project with it?
I mostly wrote different programs using C# for personal and academic use but nothing too fancy. What exactly do you mean when you say a project?

Wow, no one's posted on here in over 2 months
I'm in a hiatus on the project for a while, since I've been working on N Terraria mod and some minor things latelly.

Anyway, one the plannings there is a reform on how the npcs will work, and I reworked also the way skills works.
MugoUrth have not appeared have several months, and Akuji has quit the test to join the team as a programmer to
instead dedicate itself on testing my mod.

Well, after some hiatus, I bring news about the project.

First of all, every entity in the game is going to have stamina metter, so walking and running will make your character tired as long as you keep moving, If your character is stopped, the stamina will be regenerated faster and faster.
But the players will have to becareful, running spends 8 times the stamina walking does, so one would need to run when necessary, like to avoid battles.

The second news, Is that I plan on changing how the nutrition system will work, there is not much information about it right now because I'm formulating the idea, but futurelly I may leak some more information.

I'm also planning on adding a Perk system to the game, where your character will be able to gain abilities, by turning on and leveling up a perk related
to the ability the player is using, for example:
If your character walks a lot, and you have the Athletics perk turned on, your character will gain points on that perk just for walking and running, each level of the perk may unlock some things to ease your travels, like reducing stamina cost for walking, or making your character move faster.

I'm also formulating the perk idea, but for now, this is what I have to leak.

Well, until next news.

Long time no news, eh?
Well, status update about the project.

I've changed how the nutrition and hunger system works in the project, but It is still in development, so
not much detail will be revealed right now, meanwhile, I've split Npcs and normal mob behaviors into a database
for those kinds of scripts, which futurelly will reduce the game weight when being played, also made good
use of enumerators so I don't get lost when scripting npcs behavior.
Also, the real life based nations will be coming back, they will be handy when I implement the Languages system, which I'll not reveal much about right now either.
And renamed the town, whose name were Piatuba, that went to Cidade Nova (New City), to
Lago de Fevereiro (February Lake). No, I will not tell why the name.

Those are the news... For now... Mwahahahahha.
*Dramatic ending eh?*

Last edited:
Reimplemented the flags, beside they are... Well... More colorful than before, all flags currently are handsketched.
rMaUBTt.png

And here the current flag selection.
Boajdbz.png

Give your feedback about how It look.
And the ? Flag is going to disappear from the game.

Hey guys, I'm currently attempting to change the way the game works from a Turn based RPG, to an
Action RPG, where the player have the monster following him and the player can give orders to it attack
an enemy and use certain skills.

This is gonna need some more spriting work and a bigger map, but the results surelly will be interesting.

In case I fail to do the system changes on the project, or end up having way too much to handle, I'll
rollback the game to the Turn Based RPG system.

Well, beside the rather slow progress the project were having, there has been a good number of changes to It.
new_teaser.png

The screenshot above may not mean much, but the hidden information about It, is that now player and monsters will operate through a
very specific framing system, alongside with that, I plan on the future making so monsters have alternate color palletes to make them
more unique, like what happens to the player outfit right now.

Also talking about the player outfit, I've changed a few things about the player drawing system, the head of the character will not be
drawn alongside the body, It Is instead drawn above the body, and the body will not be drawn alongside the outfit, what does that mean?
Simple, with the new system, alongside different outfit styles, they could also allow the player to have different standing poses, so
not all outfits looks like the same, alongside will allow a larger number of customization, for example, slim and fat player outfits.

Well, that Is it for the current news, until the next news.

Well'p, development on this game has been veeeeeeery low those last weeks, and due to being shorthanded, and the shift my life has taken latelly, I'm going to use the old ATB battle system on the project, and relinquish the realtime combat system for now, maybe on the future, If this game last long and I decide to make a future version, I may attempt again to add a real time combat, but for now, the scope reduction is a must.

On other side of the news, I'm still studying ways of making the player skills system, I want to make so the player no longer is a useless controlable character through the entire game, so I'm planning on adding abilities that they can use, and not are really related to combat.Those abilities can range from how much the character knows a language, to how well they can do something, I'm still thinking If to level up those abilities the player should do by making use of player skills of certain ability type, or by dividing the exp from killing monsters between all abilities.The only part of the planning on abilities that is concrete, is that you can allow leveling more than one at the same time, and toggle that any time, alongside as leveling them allows you to unlock more abilities that will be helpful in the game.

For now, that is all about the news, or not.
I will have to rework the skills system on the project, so they have a better handling on the target gathering, alongside as damage dealing factors, so when I attempt to implement multiplayer on the project, the skills be syncronized correctly in battle.

This is just a reminder, I'm still looking for spriters to help on the project, beside, due to how I've been able to program anything latelly, I believe I will have to reduce my scope about battlers aswell, unless a spriter appears.
I'd say that a number of 10 monsters would be the game diversity, beside I believe I would need to reduce the number of maps of the game to fit the content range.

I can help with some of the dialogue, as well as some skill ideas. Like for the end battle dialogue for the Magic Opossum, it could say something like "Victory is in the eye of the beholder" when it loses.

Back
Top Bottom