Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

I think it looks good overall but I think you could add a better background while you are fighting, also is there a shop in game?

Sorry for the vague week, I've been busy the entire week again, plus I'm out of ideas for the game information windows.

I have not been having much luck finding people to help with the spriting in the game. No one at Spriters Resource seems to be interested, and it's the largest spriting community I know.

I have a confession to make. ...I actually have not started on my next sprite yet. :(

I have not been having much luck finding people to help with the spriting in the game. No one at Spriters Resource seems to be interested, and it's the largest spriting community I know.

I have a confession to make. ...I actually have not started on my next sprite yet. :(
Actually, seems like something in the project look's uninteresting, maybe the scope? Or the goals?

That might help. Seeing other people working on the project might motivate me more, too. It's easier to feel motivated when you don't feel your hard work is all for nothing.

Well, I have to say one thing.
I have no idea where to look for other peoples to help on the project. :/
My world is very small, twitter and this forum.

I were able to find out what were causing the issue of the blurry texts, now, before I draw a spritefont of fonts like Arial, I need to pass their value to integer before they are drawn, or else they will be blurry.

And I made part of the mob window, beside the status information are missing, there seems like something else is missing aswell...
mobwin.png

Today I worked again on the monster information hud, this is what we got.
hudinmotion.png

Now I will need to implement a cursor so you can select the skills your creature will use in the combat.
And there comes back the old dilema...

The Passive skills should always be active, or be active only when in the skill slot?

Well, finished the monster hud, can even setup active skills in the slot, but
I still need to review if it should also be used to select passive skills that will be
in use in the combat or not...
FinalMobWindow.png

Today I worked again on the monster information hud, this is what we got.
hudinmotion.png

Now I will need to implement a cursor so you can select the skills your creature will use in the combat.
And there comes back the old dilema...

The Passive skills should always be active, or be active only when in the skill slot?
I think the passive skill should have to be as least aggravating as possible, if people aren't happy, they'll quit and never play again. So maybe just always active. Would be nice if you had to put them in certain slots to work, like their own section where you can only have 4 passive skills working at a time. Anyways, info screen looks good

Oh crap, I forgot to answer the feedback.
And... I believe monsters will not have their skill list filled with passive skills ready to use, at least I does not plan to.
But, Maybe the best would be really if passive skills are always active.

Well, I were working today on inventorys, so I brought one idea for the inventory system.
Currently, the default inventory number of slots will be 4, but you can increase it by equipping a Backpack or a Bag on your character.
The player in question, aswell as all npcs, monsters and others, can have up to 50 inventory slots.
I just am not sure if would be a good idea to implement also Weight system, so the player have a limit of how many items the player
can carry.

Also, I came up with 2 inventory ideas, pick one.
inventory.png

This one is the inventory on it's own window.
inventory2.png

This one makes the inventory be a Sub Menu of the Bag button.
Both increases the number of slots based on how many slots you can use.

Well, this is how far the inventory evolved right now, more to come soon.
inventory3.png

The item is being shown that way because I selected one of the items on the inventory, and it shows the entire window
for the item information.

Also, I came up with a great idea that may be a addition to the game difficulty.

Feeding and Nutrition system.

You know that every living kind needs food to restore it's energy, right?
I plan on adding something like that on the game project, but how it will work?

Simple, there will be two statuses, Nutrition and Fullness, fullness will lower gradually,
fullness is increased by feeding your monster, depending on the food, fullness will restore more or less.
If it reaches 0, it will start being restored automatically by using the Nutrition status.

But how much will it impact on the gameplay? Simple.
Nutrition also governs how well is the monster, if the nutrition lowers, all of the monster
status (includding health, stamina and etc) will be lowered.

But beware, if your monster nutrition lowers to 20% or less, unless you look for a
veterinarian to take care of him, the monster will have no strength to do anything,
and may end up dying.

But how do we avoid Nutrition of falling? Simple, feed your monster gradually and do not
let the fullness reach 0, then Nutrition will start filling alongside Fullness.

So, feeding your monsters will be important, what about this idea?

Back
Top Bottom