tModLoader Tape Measure

Itorius

Skeletron Prime
Back to ModHub
a2Dzhsr.png

Tape Measure

Tape Measure is a neat tool the lets you measure distances between tiles. Just left-click on two opposing corners and it will measure both the width and the height of the selected area. Right-click on the Tape Measure in inventory to bring up a color selection UI. Bought from the Goblin Tinkerer in hardmode.

Here's a little image that shows it in action.
wOC6xoE.png

Download
The mod is available on the mod browser or for direct download on GitHub.
List of required dependencies: Base Library (available on the Mod Browser or through GitHub).

Credits
@Itorius - programming
@orian34 - balancing, "funny texts", beta testing

Additional Links
Join us on our discord server!
View the source code that makes this mod tick!
Support the development of Teleportation and my other mods on Patreon!

Last edited:
After you updated base library it no longer loads Tape Measure says it was made for the wrong version of tmodloader.

So I would love to use this mod but I have no f'n clue how. How do you get the Tape Measure? I can't find any kind of explanation for that.

I really like the idea of this mod but I am getting some massive game slowdown that halves my FPS (usually 60 it goes down to 30 and lower) whenever the item is selected in a way that will show the square UI. I also noticed a lack of clearing the measuring square ui. I just had to deal with knowing there was a 1x1 square that I couldn't get rid of.
Edit: After playing a little more I found it only slows down when the tape measure is selected in the hotbar or being dragged around in the inventory. whe I select another item in the hotbar frames go back up and I can still see the box (with tape measure being in hotbar)

Last edited:
I really like the idea of this mod but I am getting some massive game slowdown that halves my FPS (usually 60 it goes down to 30 and lower) whenever the item is selected in a way that will show the square UI. I also noticed a lack of clearing the measuring square ui. I just had to deal with knowing there was a 1x1 square that I couldn't get rid of.
Edit: After playing a little more I found it only slows down when the tape measure is selected in the hotbar or being dragged around in the inventory. whe I select another item in the hotbar frames go back up and I can still see the box (with tape measure being in hotbar)
Clear it with RShift+RClicking when having it selected in the hotbar. As with the performance issue I will look into it.

Back
Top Bottom