Standalone tAPIbara, a web-based inventory editor for tAPI

YellowAfterlife

Official Terrarian

Meet tAPIbara.

tAPIbara is an experimental version of my very own Terrasavr inventory editor, modified to work with tAPI player files.
Similar to Terrasavr, the program runs in the browser and does not require downloading it.

The program is not complete yet, thus you may experience bugs or glitches. Please backup your player files before overwriting them. If you encounter a player file that the program fails to load or saves incorrectly (but file works OK with game itself), please upload it along with some information on mods used so that I can look into and fix the issue(s).

Currently the program includes information and icons of vanilla items (akin to main version). You should be able to manipulate mod items just fine, but they will have no information displayed for them, as that requires explicitly adding those items in (probably after an agreement with mod author).

Known issues:
  • There's currently no Flash version for tAPIbara. You'll need a modern browser (IE10+/Chrome/Firefox ~30+) for it to work.
  • Only vanilla buffs are currently supported. Mod buffs will be discarded upon loading.
Feedback would be more than welcome.

Last edited:
Hmm... I wonder if I have slightly overestimated the auditory for this.
Or if the pun was too bad.
Or if capibara looks too pissed.
Truth to be told the modding community isn't that big really. Also, not being able to see the modded items kinda sucks, so people may prefer in-game solutions.

Wow, okay, this is SUPER useful. Just tried it to give myself a Picksaw and it worked just fine.

As much as I'd rather not inventory-edit on a from-scratch run, this definitely helped out with my main map genning a blocked-off Lihzahrd Temple Golem room. I know there's an in-game way to give oneself items, but for some reason that's erroring out for me, so short of genning and Hardmoding a second world or farming for a RoD, this was a very elegant and functional solution. Thanks for this!

The Paladins shield doesn't spawn in. It just appears as a ?. I can't do anything with it. It just says Vanilla: Paladins Shield

Last edited:
Truth to be told the modding community isn't that big really. Also, not being able to see the modded items kinda sucks, so people may prefer in-game solutions.
Perhaps. As I've stated, I can add mod items manually, if authors allow - only need a PNG file with item icons and a JSON file with their stats (I'll document and put up the generator in a bit).
The Paladins shield doesn't spawn in. It just appears as a ?. I can't do anything with it. It just says Vanilla:paladins Shield
If you mean in the editor - I don't know if it's the forum that broke your message, but you'll need a capital "P" in there. tAPI item IDs are case-sensitive. For vanilla items you can use search too.

the awnser will be obvious but can you give yourself custom mod items?
Yes, if you know their "code". Code is normally "Mod Name:Item Name" (capitalisation matters). You can check the mod name on any existing item from desired mod. So you click on any slot, click on quoted code text, enter the new one, enter quantity, and that's all to it.

I cant save my inventory can you help meh plz
Could you be more specific about what you are having problem with? Are you clicking the "save" button on the top (to save the character) of the program rather than on the bottom? Are you saving the character into "My Documents - My Games - Terraria - Players"? Did you exit the game before editing the character?

I cant save my inventory can you help meh plz
Turns out we have the same problem. I made sure it saved directly to my tAPI player file, I had exited out of Terraria and it refused to save any changes I made. It also made my terraria crash when I attempted to save my game on the character I had attempted to add some items to, and when I tried to open Terraria again, it crashed upon me clicking single player. I had to delete that character's file to get terraria working again. Can I please get SOME help here?

Last edited:
Turns out we have the same problem. I made sure it saved directly to my tAPI player file, I had exited out of Terraria and it refused to save any changes I made. It also made my terraria crash when I attempted to save my game on the character I had attempted to add some items to, and when I tried to open Terraria again, it crashed upon me clicking single player. I had to delete that character's file to get terraria working again. Can I please get SOME help here?
Does it always happen? What mods are installed? Are you able to replicate the problem (with breaking the character file) on a new/backed up character? You ask for help but I'm unable to read your mind.

Back
Top Bottom