Game Mechanics Target reticle priority, auto shift, & recolor|Right stick item auto usage

jt_1258

Terrarian
1. Target reticle priority
I'm not sure how it is determined right now but if the option to have the targeting reticle go for the nearest enemy as apposed to whatever it is doing now could be added it would be nice. I had an issue with this where I was trying to fight Golem but couldn't target him without mashing the button and sponging plenty of damage in the process because a swarm of hornets had formed below the temple and it kept trying to target them instead. Another possibility is also adding the option to either target the weakest or target the strongest enemy nearby first.

2. Automatic target shifting
This is predominantly something that came to mind when fighting the Lunatic Cultist. It would be nice if when either a. an enemy is defeated or b. an enemy warps to a new location the targeting reticle shifted to a new enemy even if it happens to not be the same one it would still be nice to be able to lock right back on to another enemy and keep fighting rather than re-locking on manually multiple times.

3. Targeting reticle recoloring ability
This one is simple, the ability to adjust how the aiming reticle looks just like the mouse pointer.

4. Right control stick automatic item usage
The toggelable option to have the right stick that aims weapons also automatically fire them off like on mobile would be a nice touch.

I suppose this isn't necessarily a suggestion for something new as it already exists on pc but could you please bring over the option to hold down LB & RB to bring up quick item menus and the targeting ability to consoles? I had went to play a bit of Terraria on a friends ps4 and thought "oh, maybe the didn't include the targeting system available on 3ds on here because it has 2 control sticks or that they were dead set on being in parity with the pc version" but no. I go and pull out a xbox 360 controller I have for my pc and try it out on pc just for laughs and it turns out the few things I had mentioned at the beginning of this last section here are there. I actually don't mind and somewhat prefer playing with controller on pc now despite having played so long with keyboard and mouse. It's killing me that these couple of options aren't on console as they would be freaking awesome to have despite seeming like such simple quality of life changes.

Thats the minion targeting thing, right? Honestly no autoswing is terrible.
No, the little thing where theres a yellow arrow above an enemy and if you hit x on 3ds it targets them making it so that everything is fired at there current location. Also, I said toggleable for a reason, I wouldn't be able to stand autofire always being on myself either.

No, the little thing where theres a yellow arrow above an enemy and if you hit x on 3ds it targets them making it so that everything is fired at there current location. Also, I said toggleable for a reason, I wouldn't be able to stand autofire always being on myself either.
Oh.

Back
Top Bottom