Official TCF 2nd Year Anniversary Winners Announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora3500

🌳
Staff member
TCF Logo.png

The TCF 2nd Year Anniversary Shindig Results!
Good day Terrarians!

The long awaited results of the 2nd Year Anniversary Shindig have arrived on your doorsteps ready to be unpacked! We are aware that the judging process took a little longer than we anticipated, and we apologize for that. The wait is over and we're here to continue the celebration of everyone celebrating their spirit for the game and the Community! And we've seen some fantastic spirit in this Shindig. Rest assured the Judging process was not easy, as there has been a lot of wonderful spirit and passion to go around!

If you haven't already seen them, the submissions for this Shindig can be found in the Entry Thread here! You'll be doing yourself a huge favor by seeing what members of our community have come up with to show their Spirit for Terraria & the Community!

Everyone who participated will be awarded a new Title for this Shindig, and the 5 Winners will be awarded another Special Title for this event. We thank everyone who participated in this Shindig, and hope you had a very fun time in expressing your spirit through your creation!

With that, we move on to the 5 Winners! (In no particular order)

Darthkitten's Moon Lord Cake was an unanimous choice for all of us to choose. The spirit and creativity put into making this delicious looking cake can be felt very well. It encompasses Terraria with representing the Final Boss of the game in the form of this cake, and the simple creativity in representing this shows the spirit of this submission in a spectacular way!

Chocosta!
Original Entry
King Slime (Blue Slime):

The leader of a slimy army. Has trouble being one with himself.
crAaGWz.png

One of the King Slime's Pawns. Good thing they are here to pull him together.
fUHjF81.png

Eye of Cthulhu :

An ancient watcher that came from the skies... But where is the other one ?
Umtzbfo.png

Eater of Worlds (And servants) :

A great beast living in the Corruption. Or great beasts ? It's quite difficult to tell...

zH2nPmc.png

Being smaller isn't a problem. it even allows for more precise tasks like teeth brushing.
buKxyvY.png

Looks like the Smaller Eaters were not enough... they must have a pretty bad dental condition.
igJbWyF.png

Brain of Cthulhu (Creeper) :

A flying monster ruling over the Crimson. Being the Brain of the Cthulhu family doesn't mean she is their Mother.
zVnkIgG.png

So that's how she watches over us all...
vZS9c44.png

Skeletron (& Co) :

Skeletons don't bleed. They drink ketchup. And give bad times.
nAk6Nsh.png

2dZEgcJ.png
hVuRBqr.png
wNsVHcT.png
Curse of the Hands:

The remains of two great creators of a lost universe.
uvLoTTR.png
1hSNCFI.png

Curse of the Man :

"The lady killer greets you. Do not mind the Blazing Wheels and Spike Balls around here, they won't bother you for too long..."
tU6ANKq.png

Curse of the Guardian :

That's why you ALWAYS ask for permission to enter a dungeon !
LLjVnru.png
Queen Bee (Larva) :

She might be a little overprotective when it comes to her son. After all, it was just a flesh wound.
fpXNL9C.png

"My Mom always told me to avoid playing with strangers."--Giant Larva, before a game of "Catch the knife".
pfnoj6a.png

Wall of Flesh (& Co) :

Someone's got a bad breath. And an overwhelming desire to destroy you.
Ou4RLWD.png

Hungries. It has to be Hungries.
K7FSaT4.png

Not to be confused with a Lich, who has complicated parental relationships.
jmi2R5h.png

The Destroyer (Probe) :

I didn't know their dental condition would worsen to the point they even had to replace their soul.
VTCOTcx.png

This one were not made by aliens but it is still able to probe you.
OKrz7xa.png

The Twins :

So you're saying one more of you is missing ? I will keep an eye out for them.
GdnwUvw.png
G1QmkV1.png

Skeletron Prime (& Arms) :

"So expensive and yet so weak..."
teVjeXu.png

"...That may have been the worst misjudgement I ever made."
M5iEcmA.png
7bKlDdS.png
s2uMjE5.png
fLpoJDf.png
Plantera (& Tentacle) :
Plants like music, especially Plantera. With The Axe, she rocks like a Pantera when she's not busy devouring reckless Terrarians.
63uw5Xp.png

No tentacle jokes allowed here. Seriously.
DFLaKbm.png

Golem (& Hands) :

You barged into his home, killed his worshippers and awoke him from his sleep. How else could he have reacted ?
FGUmEjK.png
tWkNsVs.png
vexgO6p.png

Duke Fishron (& Tornado) :

-"It's a fish !"
-"It's a dragon !"
-"No, it's Duke Fishron !"

fKHm9yU.png

Must be quite the experience for the Sharknados that come out of it... alive.
HMWT67Z.png

Lunatic Cultist (& Co) :

I wonder what he was doing before we killed his men. Maybe he was trying his assassin cosplay ?
puFlAkz.png

It would be a Neverending story to tell you how him and the Cultist met.
9HYe29f.png

It seems to bear a close resemblance to the Cultist's lost friend...
bgGambp.png

Moon Lord (True Eyes) :

"All your land are belong to me ! Look on my pillars, ye Mighty, and Despair !"
o8aCYFy.png

Third eye's the charm, I suppose...
uFTgYed.png
NM8j61c.png
MYHJ5ho.png

Chocosta's Terraria into Hearthstone Cards represents another form of wonderful spirit that we loved seeing in this Shindig. The Bosses of Terraria have been transformed into cards with their own set stats, and the cards themselves form another game in of itself that can be played. It is clear from the cards we've been given to hold, that a ton of spirit, a high level of spirit was needed to form these cards, and that is what brings Chocosta's Cards to the Top 5!

scientistB!
Original Entry
The amount of spellbooks on the shelves seemed to be increasing by the quarter-moon.

My peers were very talented, I learned. After fleeing from the solar outbreak years ago, we had taken refuge underground. Here, we had built a city with our own hands, away from the dangers of the surface. Then we had all the time in the world to peacefully practice our spells.

In my study, I stared carefully at the Moonglow that sat in a clay pot on my desk, my hand resting under my chin. It was glowing faintly, illuminating my room with a soft blue light and releasing a few specs of luminous pollen into the air. I liked this plant; sadly, the rest of my kind wanted it nowhere near them.

I noticed the Moonglow’s muddy soil break very slowly, as two light-blue seeds emerged. I gazed at these seeds with amazement; Moonglows produce seeds while they give off light. This fact has always interested me.

Glancing at my second pot, I frowned. There was once a Daybloom there, but it had long since wilted. At first I had asked myself how this could be; but it dawned on me that Dayblooms need raw sunlight to live, judging from how many healthy ones I had encountered on the surface. Strange, I thought. If light is required for such life, why is it seen as evil to my people? I wanted to find this out.

After all, I was still shocked by my legion’s reaction to when I created a potion that allowed me to give off an aura of light. I was scolded heavily and sent away into my chamber until the effect wore off. I was seen as some sort of insane criminal.

I looked at the empty stained bottle I had drunk the potion out of, then stood up and put my robe on.

I made my way down to the central square. Our entire city was very dark, only dimly lit by small weak flames of different colors. The dark-colored, sturdy bricks that made up our city didn’t help much either. But it was not a hindrance, for our race had adapted to see best without the light.

My acquaintances stood in the center of this area, creating various bolts of water with their spellbooks. Water was a common element in our society, because it was denser than air, and therefore had a smaller capacity of light.

“Zenith,” a Caster called out to me, “Finally taking a break from your study?”

“Not quite,” I replied, “I came here to observe some more.”

“Interesting how you’re always willing to learn, but never put this knowledge into practice. I want to see a spell of your own soon, or else I might just make you the next host for our guardian.” He chuckled jokingly.

“That’s ridiculous. The current host hasn’t even reached the end of his life force.”

“Looks like you’ve learned well indeed,” the Caster said. “Besides, I’m just pulling your leg.”

I nodded with a smile and said to him, “Show me your spectre skills once more, please.”

Heeding my request, the Caster moved his hands in a peculiar pattern, creating a small white bolt that resembled a wisp. The bolt flew around according to the Caster’s hands, eating up every trace of light nearby. The Caster then called it back and the bolt disappeared.

“I’m puzzled,” I said to the Caster. “You would expect a white spell to give off light. Instead, it consumes light and produces darkness. How does it work?”

“Still wondering about the forbidden element of light?” the Caster said with worry, retreating his arms into his red coat. “Dark magic is what keeps us healthy and whole. There’s a reason we couldn’t stay on the surface, Zenith.”

The Caster wasn’t being clear enough for my liking. Pressing for more information, I inquired, “And what is that reason? Light brings life, you know.”

“And with life, comes death.” The Caster glared at me with a hint of fear in his eyes. “We don’t know if there’s life after death. Where our dead have gone, none have returned. What if death only brings endless suffering to those who have passed? Or a perpetual blankness without the ability to feel? Surely they would want to start living again.”

“What are you on about, then?” I asked.

“With dark magic, you can gain the arcane knowledge required to live forever; you can harness the power of your own spirit to make yourself eternally fearless and healthy. This way, there would be no more fear, only peace. That is why we are settled in this very colony. Sheltered within the shadows, we can practice all forms of spells so that we may unlock the secret to immortality. And the key element for the best results, is darkness.”

The Caster took a breath as he finished his lecture. He was starting to look tired and withered, something I would expect from someone with overexposure to dark magic.

“I believe that you’re wrong,” I said confidently. “I’ve seen light do wondrous things. Who’s to say that it can’t do the same for us? We naturally fear the unknown, and I think you’re not giving it a chance.”

“And what exactly makes you so sure of this?”

“To die is to live a fulfilled life; the existence of death gives us a reason to go out there and accomplish anything in our power, with no regrets. Only when you pass should you consider your life complete, then you can be truly satisfied, regardless of what comes next. If you curse yourself with immortality, you will never be satisfied. Your soul will never properly leave your body and you will grow tired and in pain. You will wander these chambers endlessly with nothing but eternal misery and suffering. I don’t want that, and neither do you, I’m sure.”

“Curse? For someone who spends all his time researching, you’re awfully dense,” said the Caster. With a tone of frustration, he added “We have high expectations of you, and I suggest you live up to them if you wish to prove your worth.”

“Prove my worth?” I questioned, not expecting an answer. A few citizens noticed our dispute and began to watch. I had to show my people what I mean; I can preach all I want, but it won’t get anywhere unless I put my thoughts into action, my teachings into practice.

With that, I pulled out my own spellbook from my inner coat pocket. As I opened it, I flipped through the notes, stopping at one of my spells. I traced the symbols with my fingers, hesitant if this was a good idea. The Diabolists may play with fire, but this was something on a whole other level. Regardless, I had to prove that I’m right; prove my worth.

I raised one arm up as a large orb of light rose up from the ground, brightly cloaking all it could reach with a harsh cyan light. Everyone in the square shouted and turned away, unable to handle the intense flash. I, however, stood staring at the orb, my eyes wide, my gray skin almost appearing white. The light blew a strong wind, causing the banners on the ceilings to strongly flow.

A Necromancer stood up straight and yelled over the crowd, “Zenith, enough!” as he shot a purple shadow beam through my orb, breaking it into pieces and causing the light to fizzle out and vanish.

“What is the meaning of this?” said the Caster as he removed his hands from his face, trying to adjust to the rapid changes in luminosity.

“You all don’t understand,” I explained. “We are too afraid, too sheltered from outside elements to realize there’s a lot more to life than what we’re told. We must cease following a set path, and instead go where there is no path and leave our own trail behind. I only seek to be your guiding light.”

“Guiding light?” A Diabolist shouted with anger, “A heretic is what you are!”

A heavily armored guard tightly gripped the back of my robe and began pulling me away. I tried to struggle free, but I lacked the strength. Becoming fearful of and for my own people, I boldly stated, “Can we truly see in the dark? Or are you all blinded by ignorance?”

The mob hissed with disagreement.

I was dragged into a small room with many spikes lining the walls; the execution room.

The guard sat me down on a small black chair and tied me up with blue chains, with a blue weight at the end of the chain, holding my feet down so I couldn’t get up. Try as I might, there was no way I could break free. I began to panic, but tried to keep a straight face.

The Caster entered the chamber with us. “Zenith, I had a lot of faith in you. But you have proven to be a threat, a danger to our society. That light might have seriously harmed us. We cannot have someone like you within our secure walls.”

“What happened to a fair trial?” I asked, shaking.

“This is an extreme case,” the Caster answered. “You just showed us that you’re willing to spread chaos and heresy. This is unacceptable. Besides, I’ve wanted to test my newest sealing spell on someone for a while.”

I was beginning to regret what I had done. These people were out of their minds, having been hidden away from the life-sustaining sunlight for so long. Perhaps in the end, I was just a fool to them.

The Caster's assistant, a blue-armored executioner entered soon after, holding a cursed blue sword. He firmly shut the heavy door behind him, further telling me that my fate is sealed. Despite seeing my face in tears, he held no sympathy in his sinking black eyes.

“What a shame you won’t get to see how you would’ve turned out in a thousand years,” said the Caster. “You're still becoming immortal like the rest of us; but instead you’ll be trapped within the ‘eternal suffering’ you worried about so much, while the rest of us will get to live happy lives forever.”

“I wish you would understand. I only wanted the best for us,” I told him.

The Caster didn’t listen. “You wanted to become a light? Then your wish shall be granted.”

He snapped his bony fingers, creating a black wisp that imbued the sword with an unknown spell. With that, the executioner jabbed the blade through my body, engulfing me in many blue sparks, and transforming me into a small, glowing cyan wisp. The Caster took me in his hand and sealed me within a glass bottle. I wanted to reach my hand out and hit the glass, but as I saw my reflection in the bottle, I realized I had no hands. I was only a skull-shaped spirit. I knocked on the glass with my skull, but I was too weak to cause any friction; a small light like me didn’t have such power.

A light blue flame cloaked my new body, which burned and stung me as if a bright light had been shined in my eyes. I realized that my soulfire would be burning for as long as I lived, which may very well be forever. If I had a heart, it would’ve sunk. Is this really the fate I’m destined for?

The Caster looked at me and grinned as if he had just caught an annoying bug. He brought my bottle out into the central square, placing it on display beside the many spellbooks on the brass shelf. I had no hope of escaping this prison, and I felt nothing but misery and despair well up inside me.

The Caster turned and said to the populace, “Let this be a lesson to you all. Light is a heavily dangerous thing; it has corrupted one of our brilliant minds, and he now serves as an example of how dangerous mortality is. As long as we stay together as one and channel our abilities into a physical form, death will never plague us again. And Zenith gets to watch it all happen as we predicted.”

I had lost the ability to properly form words as long as I was trapped in here. I wanted to tell them all how wrong they were, how they were doomed to become souls of unrest. In the end though, I knew I would have the last laugh. Judging from the decaying looks on everyone’s faces, it was only matter of time before they succumbed to the fate that I once foretold. Without an afterlife, our purpose and life goals become meaningless.

None of my peers would even approach me. I wanted them to stop these foolish acts that were clearly rotting them away. But a closed mind is only bolted from the inside, I suppose. All I wanted was to show people a path that they had been missing all this time; I can’t say I didn’t warn them.

At the very least, in time I can learn to be satisfied that I became a small luminous wisp in a bottle, with my own comforting light to keep me company for the immeasurable amount of time I’ll stay trapped in here.

My people can’t be saved at this point; they've gone mad and I’ll never be able to serve as a light for them. I wonder if someone from the outside world will ever come by. Though, as long as our guardian stands, that won’t be happening any time soon. In the meantime, all I have left to myself is this bottle, my thoughts, and a view of the square falling into disarray.

Perhaps one day, I’ll be allowed to light someone’s way.
This Story about a literal Spirit by scientistB, was a very pleasant read on the lore of how the item Wisp in a Bottle was created. It is a creative take on how the Cultists and Monsters of the Dungeon view the Light as a Corruption, and how the Spirit ultimately wants to light the way for someone even with the Dungeon dwellers. Taking the Spirit of this Shindig, and making it into a literal Spirit is a fantastic way to celebrate TCF's 2nd Anniversary!

ppowersteef!
Original Entry
Terraria Evolution of Armors.png
The Spirit of this Shindig is also meant to encompass the Terraria Community Forums as a Community to merge with the Spirit of Terraria on it's own. And ppowersteef manages this beautifully with his drawing of the main armors of the game representing each major Terraria version. Showing the Spirit of Terraria as it's evolved, and also including members of the Community. It is this pure expression of Terraria's Spirit which has brought ppowersteef's drawing here!

DarkTiny!
Original Entry
DarkTiny's entry.png

We've got another cake that's just as full of spirit as the other cake! And this cake is inside a wooden house created by DarkTiny! This cake is made up of many of the signature biomes and caverns that make up Terraria Worlds, and the House is one that represents a House that many players create at one point during their Terraria Adventures. Created with a unique art style which we feel brings a lot of Spirit, from being a pure Terrarian Birthday Celebration. And what better way to Celebrate TCF's Anniversary than to have awesome cake for it!?

TCF Tree Banner.png

It was not easy to judge this contest by a long shot! There were over 100 entries and having to pick 5 winners among those was a very difficult task as there are many fantastic entries for this Shindig. Despite this, we still really took our time to ensure we judged each of the entries to give each and every one of them a fair chance. It was a pleasure to look over the entries and see what spirit we could see expressed through the submissions of the Community.

Once again, we would like to thank everyone that participated, who showed their spirit off strong. We hope this was an exciting event for you as it was for us. And we will be looking forward to next year's Anniversary Event as well!

Feel free to share your feedback on any of the Entries in this contest, as well as recommendations for future Contests & Shindigs, or perhaps something entirely new! We've learned a lot from this Year's 2nd Anniversary Shindig, and plan to use it to further improve future Year Anniversary events in the same way.

For the time being, lets celebrate the present with the spirit this Shindig has brought from our wonderful Community!

... :eek:! Oh my...

I didn't expected that I would win this, there were so many other great entries. But man, thank you so much. :D
I've been watching the entire submission page even before I decided to submit mine. and I've seen wonderful results. You've all done incredible this year.

A big thank you to everyone of the community!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! - There were a whole bunch of great entries.

Last edited:
Oh my...
I didn't really expect to win the contest.
Thus, I haven't prepared a speech.. Oh you didn't want one ? Good then.

In any case, I am glad to have been able to show my ideas of turning Bosses into Hearthstone cards.
The funny thing is, Re-Logic announced the Dungeon Defenders II Crossover a few days after I submitted my idea..
(Will we see a Hearthstone Crossover ? (I don't think so, unfortunately.))

I have to thank the Staff again for having given me a second chance at it though, It would have been saddening to have been forbidden to participate because of some problems.
After all, for the Moon Lord...
And this was not my art (Too terrible at drawing.)
aqDwv3M.png

Last edited:
Look at those Moon Lord cake and Pillar cupcakes, It's legit, creative and deserved enough!
c_Jq1m4q6jP2a9t2eZfqC685N_KrTL78ZMbUEmlaFgOQUXvZaOXmczqdFaRkRoJQtvxz4wqOqnKeanYnaYRFkR5AT_WyIvWqlw9VIKd-K2V1xCm9gKZATgj5tq8Q2OHHFDtCyQ=w40-h34-no
Also great job, all you guys!
rUmnI4Jp7lflMNzOR8AEIpSRIANPky5bLX6oBw6fkxcjJ_TmYHqntOs9VRJjaKgosJFG3D0IFzFcQ9HMjxrfc5M2QZbUXlKzMM7CUDmbStw3aYzywPxK14rWr3mDt3_gAbJ8-A=w27-h25-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom