Important TCF Changelog & Upgrades: October 26, 2014

This is awesome!

Just one question, does this update fix the issue where every time I click the Home tab, for some reason I'm logged out and I have to consistently log back in?

Are you still using https? If so, just swap to http and that will solve your problem.

Does searching for an user using their old username show the actual user with their actual name? Because ye kno, what we discussed in the past about name changes and name tracking.

Not sure, will test. You should be able to see old aliases on profile pages under a tab to that effect.

Loki, you should know better than to use alts like that. Lead by example!

EDIT: Wait, so do name changes prior to this update count towards the limit? Also, I do believe that one can change their names back to a previous one with this plug-in, as it has worked like so on other sites. Maybe this could be tested.

Have to have member accounts on which to test things - bugs, features, permissions, etc. - like yesterday. :). That's all they are used for.

We are not supporting a "revolving door" for names at this time. Such is far too confusing in a community of this size, plus all names are moderated - the feature you refer to is possible, but only via timegates and unmoderated changes. We will not be moving to unmoderated name changes on a forum of this size. So the short answer would be: No, not at this time and not planned to support swapping names back and forth.

Only name changes done under this system count towards your 10. Changes I've done via the admin panel do not count.

=0

Thank you! The problem's gone now.

I totally don't understand why it just keeps happening when I'm browsing the forums and I get logged off.

Wow, a month already?! How the time flies~ Good job on making TCF an awesome place, and yay for the new stuff and fixes! :D

Nice stuff, although my name is perfect and unique enough :p
I don't really use conversation that much :p

it's reeeeeeally amazing how you guys made TCF even better now, super cool changes and improvements, i hope that you keep doing well ;)

So, as Steve is banned, I plan to take over the VTC group and become the one and only ruler.
However, when I wanted to remove him, Xenforo opposed:
"The social forum creator is not able to leave the group."
Can someone look into it? I want 100% ownership by birthright and I won't let a dead body get in my way!

Nice work guys! I know that this forum is going to be huge when we're celebrating its first year anniversary! Pretty hard to imagine its only been a month!

Back
Top Bottom