• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting [V2]

Omnissiah

Administrator
Administrator
The option to edit a thread (not the first post) shows up completely blank.
This is most likely because we don't give our users permissions to edit the thread, but could you screenshot what you see on your end for me? I believe you should at least be able to see and edit the title, but I could be wrong.

Omnissiah

Administrator
Administrator
Alright, it looks like it's that way because we only allow our users 60 minutes to edit the title of their thread. After the time has expired it is required that users ask a moderator for thread title changes. Thus why it is blank after 60 minutes because essentially after that you are given no edit thread permissions.

This is pretty much the intended behavior.

TheWorfer27

Retinazer
Is this what you want?

See, this is center-aligned. The spoiler sure ain't, though.​
That's 'cuz the Table itself is stuck with the left-aligned setting.​
When creating a post, if you click the area right before the Table (where the "Insert" bubbles pop up) and look at the Alignment button, you'll see what I mean.​
The Spoiler code also duplicates, and the Table creates empty lines under it (which seem to pop up either directly under the table, or under its spoiler). No idea why any of this happens.

Spoilers have always been troublesome in RTE mode, you have to switch to BBcode mode to get them right.
All I did was put CENTER tags around the entire thing.
On my screen the spoiler is centered, but not when Bry-centric quoted it.

As an additional bug, edited profile posts give more alerts now. Don't know about edited regular posts, didn't try.

Omnissiah

Administrator
Administrator
Yeah. There's probably better ways of doing that than just making everything blank though.
Not without an add-on, no, there isn't. If we made it so users couldn't edit their titles at all I could hide the edit thread button for non-staff using a conditional. However, since we have decided to allow users to edit their thread title for a small amount of time after thread creation the button needs to be there. Sometimes we are just stuck with the way Xenforo decides to do things.

On my screen the spoiler is centered, but not when Bry-centric quoted it.

As an additional bug, edited profile posts give more alerts now. Don't know about edited regular posts, didn't try.
Could you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying.

TheWorfer27

Retinazer
Not without an add-on, no, there isn't. If we made it so users couldn't edit their titles at all I could hide the edit thread button for non-staff using a conditional. However, since we have decided to allow users to edit their thread title for a small amount of time after thread creation the button needs to be there. Sometimes we are just stuck with the way Xenforo decides to do things.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not quite sure what you're saying.
Which thing?

Omnissiah

Administrator
Administrator
It is not fixed :(. We did do it on the same status as last time though, so that might affect it.
Looks like I'm still able to trigger the duplicate as well. I'll continue to look into it.

Edit: Reason isolated, I will update this post further when issue can be resolved.

Last edited:

SsnakeeTheDragon

Eater of Worlds
We've performed a lot of optimizations with this most recent maintenance. We expect to see a considerable speed increase. We're looking in to more optimizations, but these will be performed after a period of monitoring with the current backend settings.

Please inform me if you still experience slow downs, and hangs.

The alerts may or may not be related to the enhancements we have done, please let me know if your alerts are still slow to receive. I expect alerts to arrive in under 20 seconds, if this is not the case again, please let me know.
As of the update, it almost seems that each passing day, the forum is getting laggier on my device. It only seems to affect writing a post, where often it can freeze, or if I scroll past a button (like if my finger goes over a button whilst scrolling)

Murphmario

Retinazer
As of the update, it almost seems that each passing day, the forum is getting laggier on my device. It only seems to affect writing a post, where often it can freeze, or if I scroll past a button (like if my finger goes over a button whilst scrolling)
Can definitely confirm with the post thing. It's prettt annoying when it happens.

Edit: Also let us view new alerts without needing to refresh the page please.

Last edited:

Omnissiah

Administrator
Administrator
Also let us view new alerts without needing to refresh the page please.
Xenforo claims they haven't changed the behavior from XF1 and as such they don't believe there is anything to fix. Alerts refresh on an idle page when an Ajax request is sent. (For instance, if you're writing a post and a draft is either manually or automatically saved then your alerts should refresh)

Perhaps they reduced how many Ajax requests get sent and as a side effect alerts no longer seem live. Not that this speculation matters because this isn't an aspect we have control over and XF does not see an issue that needs to be fixed.

It seems to function fine on my device (Pixel 3a). What device are you using and does using the default Xenforo theme have the same lag? (The longer you use the XF default theme the more conclusive the results of the test will be.)

Edit: In addition does deleting all the cache, cookies, and data in your browser result in a speed up?

Last edited:

SsnakeeTheDragon

Eater of Worlds
It seems to function fine on my device (Pixel 3a). What device are you using and does using the default Xenforo theme have the same lag? (The longer you use the XF default theme the more conclusive the results of the test will be.)

Edit: In addition does deleting all the cache, cookies, and data in your browser result in a speed up?
The lag I am experiencing is only really occuring when typing a message, or when scrolling past a button. Perhaps it keeps checking if I am pressing the button or something. Anyway, I am on a OnePlus 3T, and it should be perfectly capable of running the site. I keep receiving high battery usage warnings when using TCF too. The default theme has not changed the lag.

Top Bottom