Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting [V2]

Now i have to choose crimson theme again, ugh...
Anyways this is a weird redesign, the profile card now is a part of the post, the navbar is alway chasing me at the top but other than that it's fine... I guess...

EDIT: It broke my signature, uh...

Its not for me. Are you on mobile?
I just looked on mobile (not my normal method of access, tbf).

I do see that your signature is not visible to me in portrait mode.
In landscape mode, it is visible, and you can scroll it by touch.

Also, I tagged darthmorf on my profile before the update. Now the tag includes an angry guide emoji for some reason
I believe this is an isolated incident that occurred during restoration of the data. You can just edit it out.

That's awesome, Tunnel King. What AddOn is it that makes the signatures scroll, please? That sounds incredibly useful, actually.

But yeah, Public note: If anyone is having any issues, or is experiencing some major differences in behavior over the transition, take a look at your preferences. There's a lot of good stuff in there to toggle and look at.

That's awesome, Tunnel King. What AddOn is it that makes the signatures scroll, please? That sounds incredibly useful, actually.

But yeah, Public note: If anyone is having any issues, or is experiencing some major differences in behavior over the transition, take a look at your preferences. There's a lot of good stuff in there to toggle and look at.

This is actually default XF2 behavior. We don't have an add-on to manage signature length.

For people unhappy about how their gigantic signatures look now:

It has been the case since the beginning of this forum 5 years ago that the visible height of signatures has been limited to 150px. They still are.

It is NOT a bug that using a spoiler will no longer expand your signature to take up the entire page. Signatures bigger than 150px high will now scroll.

Everyone has ample, virtually unlimited space on their profile (in the About tab) to display your dozens of support banners, spoilers full of memes, etc.

A signature is meant to be succinct and to the point, not your life history every time you post.

Now here's a problem i see
When i made my "The best of forum quotes thread" in off-topic i found how poorly the transition handled doubleposts.
I deleted the doubleposts manually in this thread of course, look at the original posts i dare you...

Ah! You're right! My forum was completing lacking that bit of code in extra.less. Nice.
Code:
.message .signature {
max-height: 100px;
overflow-y: auto !important;
}
Thank you for the addition! I love it! It's dead-obvious that y'all are really looking out for us, and I'm tremendously grateful. <3

It seems like you can't hold down on this image to view options such as "open in new tab". Strange...
hqdefault.jpg

It seems like you can't hold down on this image to view options such as "open in new tab". Strange...

I am able to on my mobile device, what device and browser are you using?

Edit: I also fixed signatures on mobile devices.

Edit Edit:

When quoting someone it has a delay even when on a computer, i could hardly imagine how it would be on mobile.
Well at least we have some new features.

This is the only thread I'm experiencing a delay on, all other replies are instant. Could you verify if all threads the reply button is 2 seconds slow?

The fixed-wifth forum styles no longer exist. Would it be possible to get them back?

The fixed forum styles no longer exist because there isn't a need for them anymore. Forums should now be adaptive based on device and resolution. Is there something that you believe you need them for?

3 things;
1. I don't think the push notifications are working, which is odd, considering they clearly work to a degree, as there is a "Thanks for enabling" notice apon activation; this may be related to the fact that alerts do not seem to have a [1] apon receival.

2. I have noticed an overall performance decrease on the forums, my device often telling me to close my browser because it isn't responding. Opening drop downs, e.g. to add an image seems to be the most affected, often freezing the device for a few seconds.

3. It doesn't seem to be possible to resize images

1. What device are you using?

2. We're looking at various optimization methods, we have a few tactics in mind to increase performance. For now, stay tuned. If you use "Xenforo Default" theme, does your device still freeze?

3. Is it possible to resize images, edit your post, click on the image then select the resize option.

Is it also possible to expand the colour pallete, as the old colours mainly encompass what I use. I am aware of hex colours, however it is more convenient to use the old ones out of a pallete, or perhaps have a "recently used colours"? (Drawing from hex too, meaning any colours you use get put there)

Or perhaps the ability to input colours you want on your pallate via your settings , so everyone has what they want easy access to?

These are only suggestions; I am not aware how difficult it would be to implement such features, as I have never worked with an API to make a fourm before.

I'll look into it.

Two observations I've noticed since yesterday and currently still experiencing right now:

1. Much slower loading of forum pages than before generally speaking, on a Windows 10 PC using both Firefox and Brave browsers. Prior to the changes yesterday, pages consistently loaded near-instantaneously for me (other than occasional image-heavy pages in pic threads). Now sometimes it's instantaneous, and sometimes takes 2-8 seconds per load. Same can be said for site-based images/signatures. Using the underground theme at the moment, which is what I typically used before.

2. Other general forum-wide sluggishness since the changes. Before while scrolling down a large thread, you could freely and smoothly navigate down the thread, whether or not the page completed loading. Now if not completely loaded, the page freezes not allowing any movement from time to time. Even after the initial loading, scrolling up and down pages can still be a bumpy ride at times. Functions like editing a post used to be an instantaneous action, now has a 2-4 second 'hang' before it does it. Even while typing in a response can now sometimes cause hiccups.

3. Alerts can no longer be seen by instantaneously hovering over the bell icon; you now must click on the bell first, followed by a few seconds of loading. In fact, hovering doesn't seem to be functioning for anything on this forum at the moment -- at least not on my end.

Also finding the minor changes to UI a bit more clunky than before, although I'll chalk that up to a matter of taste. I'm sure things will continue to improve.

Last edited:
Two observations I've noticed since yesterday and currently still experiencing right now:

1. Much slower loading of forum pages than before generally speaking, on a Windows 10 PC using both Firefox and Brave browsers. Prior to the changes yesterday, pages consistently loaded near-instantaneously for me (other than occasional image-heavy pages in pic threads). Now sometimes it's instantaneous, and sometimes takes 2-8 seconds per load. Same can be said for site-based images/signatures. Using the underground theme at the moment, which is what I typically used before.

2. Other general forum-wide sluggishness since the changes. Before while scrolling down a large thread, you could freely and smoothly navigate down the thread, whether or not the page completed loading. Now if not completely loaded, the page freezes not allowing any movement from time to time. Even after the initial loading, scrolling up and down pages can still be a bumpy ride at times. Functions like editing a post used to be an instantaneous action, now has a 2-4 second 'hang' before it does it. Even while typing in a response can now sometimes cause hiccups.

3. Alerts can no longer be seen by instantaneously hovering over the bell icon; you now must click on the bell first, followed by a few seconds of loading. In fact, hovering doesn't seem to be functioning for anything on this forum at the moment -- at least not on my end.

Also finding the minor changes to UI a bit more clunky than before, although I'll chalk that up to a matter of taste. I'm sure things will continue to improve.

As mentioned above, the speed of the forums is being looked into. As for the UI changes, we're stuck with what Xenforo gives us and this is what XF2 has for us. Hopefully people will get use to the UI over team, but going back to the way it was is not an option unfortunately.

Sometimes when I open a new post notification in a new tab (Middle clicking on it) anything above the post fails to load, and the website seems to hang for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom