Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting

<Reserved for Listing Active Bugs & Status>

• Browser tab icon/favicon missing. [FIXED]
  • Signature spoilers containing large text blocks do not expand fully when post is a the bottom of a thread page. Spoilers with images seem to work correctly.
  • Fix text color contrast in some biome backgrounds.
  • Some GIF avatars don't animate in thread posts while others do.
  • Constantly getting signed off, even though 'keep me logged in' is checked [Possible solution: be sure to use HTTP instead of HTTPS for forum links.]
  • Thread tags 'flicker' in Alert dropdown and on Alert page.
  • Not receiving Steam ownership trophy [allow 24hrs to appear after linking, ensure your Steam profile is public.]
  • Typo - Personal details page, under Active Title: "...will displays..." [FIXED]

Last edited by a moderator:
The lovely new Terraria.org tab icon does not seem to work with the forums for some reason. It's a white paper image (Yeah I'm professional!).

On member profile pages, i can't see the thumbs up icon next to the number of likes. Instead i see a square.

If anything, I guess this over there
<---

FIXED: Can't use Official Terrarian for some reason.

Last edited:
Are signatures meant to impose hardcoded limits even when they're fully inside spoilers? I'm asking this because I can't see the logic behind having a physical limit for it (150 pixels) and then a limit for the signature as a whole - with spoilers being "suggested" then the huge signatures should not be visible unless a member clicks on the spoiler.

Are signatures meant to impose hardcoded limits even when they're fully inside spoilers? I'm asking this because I can't see the logic behind having a physical limit for it (150 pixels) and then a limit for the signature as a whole - with spoilers being "suggested" then the huge signatures should not be visible unless a member clicks on the spoiler.
Spoilers should work normally within signatures, in that when you open the spoiler, you should able to see the full contents even if it's over 150px. There's no imposed limit on spoiler content size. When a page loads, it does so with all spoilers closed, so that the maximum displayed size for everyone is 150px. If you have more content than that, it is cropped.

The hardcoded display limit is to level the playing field for everyone. Some people on TO had slightly bigger sigs, some mods allowed more leeway than others - the rule wasn't strictly or consistently enforced. When someone had a big sig, it could take a week or more to convince them to change it or have an admin do it for them (mods couldn't edit them). Reports for signature violations were a significant fraction of the staff's effort. Like parking tickets, they were annoying to get and annoying for us to resolve.

In some instances (and it may have just been due to server capacity) each time I inserted an image via a link the website would pop back to the top of the thread and I'd have to scroll all the way down again. If I notice this again I'll let you know..

Mystery's sig shows that it does indeed work as intended, not a bug. :)

So, those using quotes instead of images get the short end of the stick? (If I put my quotes within spoilers, the system tells me that it's too long.)

Guess that proves an image is worth a thousand words. :dryadtongue:

So, those using quotes instead of images get the short end of the stick? (If I put my quotes within spoilers, the system tells me that it's too long.)

Guess that proves an image is worth a thousand words. :dryadtongue:
It's not our intent for it to be that way, we'll investigate further, though.

If you'd like, PM me and we can look at this without monopolizing the thread further, that way I can see exactly what's not working for you.

ETA: I've added a spoiler with a large quote to my signature, and I can expand it to see the whole thing. Does that not work for you, or are you doing something different? :confused:

Last edited:
Not really a bug, but could use more contrast for date text's color on background for Snow theme :D.

ETA: I've added a spoiler with a large quote to my signature, and I can expand it to see the whole thing. Does that not work for you, or are you doing something different? :confused:

Yes, I can't put more than ~250 characters in my signature, the system tells me I have "### characters above the limit." And the whole spoiler, in my case, is much smaller than what you've put there. That's weird.

Wait... I'm adding the code manually (used to it) could that make the software not recognize it as a proper spoiler?

Wait... I'm adding the code manually (used to it) could that make the software not recognize it as a proper spoiler?
All I did was: reply to the Rules and Culture thread (to get the quote), cut and paste it into my Edit Signature dialog, then wrap that in a spoiler tag. Did the whole thing in the RTE.

Did you try looking at what you had in the BB code editor? Maybe a lot of other stuff is getting thrown in there that you can't see in the RTE.

edit: AHA! When my post is at the bottom of the page, the spoiler doesn't work anymore. That's seems to be a bug. (different from yours, though).
edit 2: Once @Mr. Mystery posted below me, the spoiler worked again. But his spoiler of images works at the page bottom...

Last edited:
My animated avatar doesn't seem to function in threads whereas others' avatars do. Is there a limit on this or something?

I keep having to sign in again... it seems to happen after like 15+ minutes even though I've checked the "keep me signed in" box.

Another issue: The title "tags" for threads, when they are shown in the alerts box, show up either mixed with other tags, or "flicker" every few seconds when you keep the mouse pointer on the alert link.

Title tags, they're possesed.

Another issue: The title "tags" for threads, when they are shown in the alerts box, show up either mixed with other tags, or "flicker" every few seconds when you keep the mouse pointer on the alert link.

Title tags, they're possesed.
This isn't happening to me:
10114c34a8.png

Back
Top Bottom