Official TCF Forum Bug List/Reporting

Ok, so, I have a thread full of spoiler tags and text color changes (linked in my signature), and I haven't had any problems with having spoiler tags or different text colors before, but just yesterday it started randomly changing text color in places I didn't ask it to change. I also couldn't fix this by editing the colors back to normal. I was able to eventually fix that and get text colors back to normal, although I did have to keep editing the post over and over until the color was normal. but now there are even more problems with text color and there are also random spoiler tags where I didn't have any before. I can't get rid of those through editing either. Not really sure what to do here.
Edit: Also seems to be that every time I try to make corrections more errors just appear elsewhere.
This can happen when using the Rich Text Editor (options bar at top of posts). The RTE operates by generating invisible BB code and enacting it. The problem occurs when these codes cut each other off and generate duplicates to flesh themselves out. I'll take a look at your post's BB code and try to fix it.

Am I correct in assuming the white text is supposed to be the default color? Please use the 'start a conversation' option under my avatar to continue this discussion. :)

Iamunabletousespaceproperlyspecificallyonthiswebsite.Iamcompletelyseriousandneedhelp.
No one else has reported this problem that I'm aware of, nor do I know of anything specific to this site that would cause this.

What OS/device/browser are you using?

Iamusingsteamosonmysteammachine.
I have no access to or experience with a Steam Machine, or know anyone around here that does. Unless someone else chimes in, I'm not sure what answer we can give you.

As best as I can determine, SteamOS has its own proprietary web browser, designed primarily for use with its own website. I suppose it's possible (though very unlikely) that there is some incompatibility between SteamOS and the Xenforo system that this forum (along with many, many others) is based upon. I can't find anything in searching the web that mentions any particular problem like this, though.

Are you using the Steam controller w/ virtual keyboard, or a physical keyboard? You say the problem is 'specifically' with this site - what other sites have you used that DO work?

I still think the problem is on your end, and is not something that we're doing or could change to "fix" it.

So this happended while I was changing my vote on a thread
upload_2016-2-21_20-3-25.png

Not sure if this will even post, but I can't get my cursor to show up when i try to post something. can't see any text either.
This is almost certainly something on your end, but we couldn't even begin to guess what without more information.

Are you trying to post from a computer or mobile device? What OS and what browser are you using?

Desktop. Windows 7. Tried Firefox and Chrome. It has randomly started working, but I'd been dealing with this since I joined the forum. I did verify it had something to do with forums that use xenForo by trying the Bethesda forums, and got the same problem. Really hoping it doesn't act up again, that was quite frustrating.

Desktop. Windows 7. Tried Firefox and Chrome. It has randomly started working, but I'd been dealing with this since I joined the forum. I did verify it had something to do with forums that use xenForo by trying the Bethesda forums, and got the same problem. Really hoping it doesn't act up again, that was quite frustrating.
I use Win7 and Firefox for several hours every day on this forum, never had this problem or heard of anyone else with it.

I see that you posted here saying you were seeing ads pop up when you type. Those ads are not coming from this site - you most likely have some sort of virus or malware that is causing your problems.

I keep seeing some alerts in my alert box decreasing,

Maybe there are posts deleted in the meantime, but I doubt that it'll happen three times in a row since the forums are back online,
I would like some confirmation from others if they experience the same thing.

EDIT: It seems that if you're at the page where you got the alert from, the alert will dissappear, It's quite annoying to me.
I hope that this is toggleable though :(

Last edited:
I keep seeing some alerts in my alert box decreasing,

Maybe there are posts deleted in the meantime, but I doubt that it'll happen three times in a row since the forums are back online,
I would like some confirmation from others if they experience the same thing.

EDIT: It seems that if you're at the page where you got the alert from, the alert will dissappear, It's quite annoying to me.
I hope that this is toggleable though :(
We've had some alert derpiness since the advent of the forums. It's been rather impossible to pin down the cause.

FullSizeRender.jpgThis is an error with the Rainbow Slime emote on mobile. This green slime is always there in every frame on mobile, for some reason

This "bug" seems to be affecting all moving emotes, not just the slimes. For example: Passionate Guide's heart leaves leaves a similar "trail" like seen here:
101032-6c2b74235d71729c7a8fd07aab6da351.jpg

The "trail" appears behind the emote so it's harder to see on other emotes than slime. The more frames the emoticon has the longer and more visible the "trail" is.
I hope this makes sense to you.

Back
Top Bottom