TCF needs some originality in avatars

ethanciavo

Terrarian
First cultist avatars, and now DJs? Seriously? I have no problem with a couple people having an avatar like this, but people, make your avatar something cool and exciting, or at least don't use the same thing everyone else does! There are at least six people with the same avatar on these forum. We don't need six of the same avatars! I know a person's avatar is up to their personal preference, but when I see so many similar avatars, it bothers me. Another thing that gets a little annoying is Five Nights at Freddy's avatars. I'm generally not that bothered by these, but it does get a little tiresome after seeing animatronic avatars after animatronic avatars.

Avatars are a way to express your interests and creativity to people who look at them. When people use the same avatar over and over again, it makes me think that people just use them to be "part of the club." Please people, try to think up something new if you can!

First cultist avatars, and now DJs? Seriously? I have no problem with a couple people having an avatar like this, but people, make your avatar something cool and exciting, or at least don't use the same thing everyone else does! There are at least six people with the same avatar on these forum. We don't need six of the same avatars! I know a person's avatar is up to their personal preference, but when I see so many similar avatars, it bothers me. Another thing that gets a little annoying is Five Nights at Freddy's avatars. I'm generally not that bothered by these, but it does get a little tiresome after seeing animatronic avatars after animatronic avatars.

Avatars are a way to express your interests and creativity to people who look at them. When people use the same avatar over and over again, it makes me think that people just use them to be "part of the club." Please people, try to think up something new if you can!
While I agree with your sentiment that similar avatars across multiple users is a little frustrating (I visually identify), I don't agree that you have any right to tell people what they can and can't have as their avatar (excluding avatars that break ToS) :dryadrolleyes:

Some people value originality above all others, some people value being part of something even more so. This is the fundamental reason for Fads such as this. It's best to live and let live, no real reason to push people into having unique avatars if they want to be a part of a group who share a similar avatar. After all, Look at the various "groups" in high school like "The Goths" that tend to wear the same clothing, it's all a matter of people wanting to fit in and such.

Although I don't see anything wrong with a lot of people doing the same thing, I kinda wish the DJ avatars were easier to distinguish though. Unlike all the previous fads, most of these avatars look extremely similar and it's starting to get me confused.

Last edited:
*Must not take bait... must not take...* Gahh, I'll leave my opinion. I don't see anything wrong with it. It makes it confusing distinguishing people, yes, but you can't change someone's personal preference. All these people with the avatars are hyped for 1.3, like I'm sure many are. Pumpking even made a guide for people to make them.
Avatars are a way to express your interests and creativity to people who look at them.
So what you're saying, is that multiple people cannot have the same interest represented in their avatar? I rest my case.

I agree but I think that they're okay if they have at least something that makes a difference. Keeping them the exact same just isn't good, but if you change it up a bit, it's fine.

I understand completely... there's this one guy who insists on typing in yellow or orange, I can't remember. And because of him, I had to change my forum theme. I just can't look at the snow theme. ~:cry:

I honestly don't see the problem with it. People want to join a group of DJs, or FNAF fans, or Caramelldansen (i know that was a long time ago), then so be it. If you dont like it, you dont have to participate.

I understand completely... there's this one guy who insists on typing in yellow or orange, I can't remember. And because of him, I had to change my forum theme. I just can't look at the snow theme. ~:cry:
Charmander27?

On-topic: Even though I was going to make one today, I guess it can get annoying? I don't really care if all I have to do is look below/to the side of the avvy and see who it is.

I'm no expert in social nonsense, but I know from experience that most people shy away from doing anything they're not comfortable with. Being original, for example.

It's not a big deal. No, I don't even mean that as in "they're just avatars." I mean that as far as avatars even go, it's not a big deal. They're called avatar trends. Most people aren't following them to be sheep without a sense of originality. They're not doing it to be mindless clones who want to follow the herd. Sometimes, as shocking as it is to believe, avatars are not an accurate representation of someone's personalities, behaviors or tendencies. Sometimes, people are just having fun with it, and other people are looking way, WAY too much into it.

It's not a big deal, I promise. People just aren't taking it super seriously, and I don't think people should.

This is one of the reasons why I don't change my avatar. I want something original and not something that even slightly copies another person's avatar. So far, mine is the default but is surprisingly not very common. I'm thinking about changing my avatar pretty soon...

Mine is a Dj, yes, but it has a Grox head, so it's original.
Edit: can you follow his head pattern? Hint: there are only 6 frames. No cheating.

I suppose people have a right to use the same exact avatar...
It just gets annoying when I have to look at the same avatar again and again. I guess I can't stop you guys.

Back
Top Bottom