Important TCF Updates & Upgrades: April 2015

Not immediately/directly. Will explore at some point, but it just isn't a huge priority in the face of everything else (to be clear). Not passing judgment, just being honest. :)

Hitting a few extra keys to keep your forum game going isn't horrible. ;)
Oh, by no means is it high up on the scale of importance. I just didn't know if it was possible or not on the TCF. I know some forums are programmed in a way where something like that is a ten second fix, while others require a workaround or possibly don't work at all.

Was going to put a table in a thread, went searching for the info as I'm sure it was mentioned, couldn't find it, now I know. Tables FTW!

I completely understand and agree with these changes. I was wondering, though, if it might be better for posters to set a minimum length limit for their thread when they start it. This would leave forum games as they were, and for the suggestion forums it could help bring out some more content as desired. Everyone would be happy.

If tables are messed up; all of my suggestion topics go up in smoke. Please be careful
ZFeTB5n.png

Also; congratulations @Tunnel King !

• Added Post Minimum Length - currently set to 10 characters. We hope that this will cut down on the verbal and point warnings for Lack of Content.
i've been wanting this for a LOONG time. very happy about this.:)

We had a few other ideas that we explored but did not ultimately utilize - this is primarily out of concern for lag/load on a forum this size - and one where the connections of our users are varied in quality. We always have to balance out performance vs features.

i'm very happy to hear that. far too many websites "gild the lily" so to speak, which creates tons of bugs, glitches, and slows the loading down. re-logic has done an amazing job of managing these forums, and i wish the rest of the internet followed the same track. thanks a lot, guys!:)

Quality of life additions are ALWAYS welcome in my book. :happy:
Added Post Minimum Length - currently set to 10 characters. We hope that this will cut down on the verbal and point warnings for Lack of Content.
I remember when TO had this for a short time. It was annoying, but it served it's purpose for the most part.

As for forum games, it probably made said forum games funnier as people tried to get around the 10 character limit. Made for some (sometimes very) funny invisible text. :p

Back
Top Bottom