Team Fortress 2

I'm all for content as much as the next guy, but I would prefer that said content is released without bugs that literally make the content inaccessible, as Scream Fortress 2016 update did when it was released.

Valve's lack of communication, let alone transparency is not the fault of the community, and the fact that they've become notorious for this hardly adds to their corporate reputation. They could let the community know that things are as you say, but they have not, did not, and let's be candid here, will not do anything of the sort anytime soon. Thus, they can only truly blame themselves when they make mistakes, and when things invariably go wrong, and they deserve all of the flak that they get.

We've never made it unclear that we as a community were perfectly able and willing to maintain the game ourselves, but Valve, in their infinite stubbornness and sheer lack of foresight, deny us the opportunity to do so without their express input, and it's this that causes updates to be released very slowly and in an incomplete or unplayable state, if at all.

Last edited:
I'm all for content as much as the next guy, but I would prefer that said content is released without bugs that literally make the content inaccessible, as Scream Fortress 2016 update did when it was released.

Valve's lack of communication, let alone transparency is not the fault of the community, and the fact that they've become notorious for this hardly adds to their corporate reputation. They could let the community know that things are as you say, but they have not, did not, and let's be candid here, will not do anything of the sort anytime soon. Thus, they can only truly blame themselves when they make mistakes, and when things invariably go wrong, and they deserve all of the flak that they get.

We've never made it unclear that we as a community were perfectly able and willing to maintain the game ourselves, but Valve, in their infinite stubbornness and sheer lack of foresight, deny us the opportunity to do so without their express input, and it's this that causes updates to be released very slowly and in an incomplete or unplayable state, if at all.
I think casual mode as a whole perfectly demonstrates valve's lack of foresight, planning, stubbornness, and lack of communication and transparency with the community.

They made a system that I swear to god feels designed to piss off the player, it was released broken, and stayed broken for almost a month. Plus it was never once mentioned or consulted with the community.

ever since the meet your match update dropped, TF2 has been a whole lot more frustrating to play. at least 1 in 5 games I play, I am put into a match that is already in the last round with 1-2 minutes left on the clock, on a team with 3-5 people against a whole team of 12. THIS IS TYPICAL TF2 NOW FOR ME. (could just be rotten luck on my part, but it was never a issue before)

I am aware that there's still community servers. Hell I've been needing to rely on them to enjoy this damn game. However my point is, there used to be official pubs, which you could access without a matchmaker. You used to be able to pick your team on valve servers. You used to be able to get onto any valve server you want through the server browser manually, and didn't have to wait 10 minutes for a goddamn matchmaker to put you in a game. There used to be autobalance and no 3 vs. 12

Like, what was wrong with this? It was just fine, it worked just fine. You didn't have to use matchmaking. It almost just feels like valve was salty that nobody wanted to use their trash matchmaking so now they force everyone to use it.
either way it perfectly demonstrates how very little valve actually listens to the community

I think casual mode as a whole perfectly demonstrates valve's lack of foresight, planning, stubbornness, and lack of communication and transparency with the community.

They made a system that I swear to god feels designed to piss off the player, it was released broken, and stayed broken for almost a month. Plus it was never once mentioned or consulted with the community.

ever since the meet your match update dropped, TF2 has been a whole lot more frustrating to play. at least 1 in 5 games I play, I am put into a match that is already in the last round with 1-2 minutes left on the clock, on a team with 3-5 people against a whole team of 12. THIS IS TYPICAL TF2 NOW FOR ME. (could just be rotten luck on my part, but it was never a issue before)

I am aware that there's still community servers. Hell I've been needing to rely on them to enjoy this damn game. However my point is, there used to be official pubs, which you could access without a matchmaker. You used to be able to pick your team on valve servers. You used to be able to get onto any valve server you want through the server browser manually, and didn't have to wait 10 minutes for a goddamn matchmaker to put you in a game. There used to be autobalance and no 3 vs. 12

Like, what was wrong with this? It was just fine, it worked just fine. You didn't have to use matchmaking. It almost just feels like valve was salty that nobody wanted to use their trash matchmaking so now they force everyone to use it.
either way it perfectly demonstrates how very little valve actually listens to the community
Although there are a few things still good about casual though.
Like there's no shortage of enemies to break in your strange gear
And while they did :red: up with giving ye a ten minute ban, they relented eventually and undid it.
Not all bad, and it's a start, even if it's a little one.
[doublepost=1480375997,1480375859][/doublepost]

And you're also talking about the same company that was left in charge of half life 2 episode 3.
So it isn't really surprising.

I used to play it, ... stopped because of the low fps on netbooks. It was playable on custom matches

Pyro update in a nutshell:

*Absolute nonsense that people are paying 5.99 for to seem more interesting in practise

*A new relatively overpowered soon to be nerfed incendiary cannon flame thrower that shoots fireballs.

*A can of gasoline to make pyro more interesting complicated.

*A jetpack that makes every custom server a joke and you can fly away when :red: gets weird.

*A Banana.

*Laggy Community maps.

*over 9000 fixes nerfs and bugs.

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/

Pyro update in a nutshell:

*Absolute nonsense that people are paying 5.99 for to seem more interesting in practise

*A new relatively overpowered soon to be nerfed incendiary cannon flame thrower that shoots fireballs.

*A can of gasoline to make pyro more interesting complicated.

*A jetpack that makes every custom server a joke and you can fly away when :red: gets weird.

*A Banana.

*Laggy Community maps.

*over 9000 fixes nerfs and bugs.

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/
Yeah the giant-:red: flare gun’s unfair isn’t it?

I think with time the dragon's fury will be tolerable to counter. it is extremely similar to the direct hit. in fact they seem to deal similar damage too. it's significantly more powerful in comparison to other weapons in the class's arsenal, but it has a higher skill ceiling, just like the direct hit. the dragon's fury isn't nearly as easy to use as any other flame thrower, and has less utility. the projectile is a little tricky to aim, but it has higher potential to be more devastating. (again like the direct hit) It also gives the user an advantage over other pyros in a one-on-one.
honestly, if you can tolerate and learn how to deal with the direct hit, I think this one will eventually become something you can deal with too.
problem is, the things gonna get nerfed before we even have time to figure it out, and it won't be worth using over stock, or the backburner anymore. (not actual fact just an assumption)

I think the one new weapon that really needs to be changed is the gas passer. the debuff it has IS very powerful, but it takes a whole minute to recharge, and you have to wait for it to recharge before even using it. because when you first equip it in a match, it starts at 0 charge, and resupply doesn't fill it. So you effectively have no secondary slot for a whole minute. the secondary slot is very important to the pyro, and having no secondary weapon 80% of the time is pretty bad. I think it should recharge somewhere around 15 seconds faster.

and then I think the jetpack is pretty much fine how it is. But I'm sure people will find ways to exploit it.

The balance changes were a mixed bag for me. I liked some, like the nerf to the rescue ranger and the revert on the bison, but I didn't like others like the nerf on the base jumper and the Dead Ringer. The YER changes are just plain stupid.

Back
Top Bottom