Texture Pack KATTUI - A Terraria Interface Pack by Techdude594 and Kiddles

What do you think of this UI pack?

• Total voters
Hope you enjoy it! Download going up in a few hours!
[doublepost=1471398031,1471397951][/doublepost]
Will you release it for the public when its done? Also, I use an xnb to png converter. This may help: http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...-terraria-texture-xnb-to-png-converter.21822/

It's already released to the public! :) And thanks for your answer! ;) I didn't knew that sprite fonts can actually be PNGs :D If someone is wondering the same thing I used this to generate sprite fonts in PNGs (found it just now)

EDIT: Welp seems like when I convert the sprite font to xnb and put it into the game it just loads the old font? But how? It doesn't even have access to it!

EDIT: Ooh I found something! Seems like my method of PNG spritefonts doesn't work, it in fact needs to be a .spritefont file! I tried editing all of the fonts and it threw me an error that it's expecting a .spritefont file from the .xnb! So my question now is: How do I convert a .spritefont to .xnb? Do I use Monogame pipeline? That didn't seem to work for me? XNA? How exactly do I convert it to .xnb?

Last edited:
Hi, I'd love to try your Interface pack but this is not correct link.. Its your owner' link, for us its should be like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmxcb7g34skf26p/11.PNG
How to get correct link:
r4KeASh.png

dy3OcMX.png

Then show us this link :)

Last edited:
Hi, I'd love to try your Interface pack but this is not correct link.. Its your owner' link, for us its should be like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmxcb7g34skf26p/11.PNG
How to get correct link:
r4KeASh.png

dy3OcMX.png

Then show us this link :)
Alright, Thanks for the help! Download link updated! Enjoy the pack!
[doublepost=1471466665,1471466505][/doublepost]
It's already released to the public! :) And thanks for your answer! ;) I didn't knew that sprite fonts can actually be PNGs :D If someone is wondering the same thing I used this to generate sprite fonts in PNGs (found it just now)

EDIT: Welp seems like when I convert the sprite font to xnb and put it into the game it just loads the old font? But how? It doesn't even have access to it!

EDIT: Ooh I found something! Seems like my method of PNG spritefonts doesn't work, it in fact needs to be a .spritefont file! I tried editing all of the fonts and it threw me an error that it's expecting a .spritefont file from the .xnb! So my question now is: How do I convert a .spritefont to .xnb? Do I use Monogame pipeline? That didn't seem to work for me? XNA? How exactly do I convert it to .xnb?
Really? I am not aware of .spritefont files. The only thing I know is that the files within the font folder are labeled as .xnb files. This may help you, but I am quite clueless on this. I am pretty sure you use monogame pipeline. I think there is a tutorial on their website. Try this! https://developer.xamarin.com/guide...ment/cocossharp/content_pipeline/walkthrough/

Alright, Thanks for the help! Download link updated! Enjoy the pack!
So much fonts and customization things!! You are beautiful and did a great job! I was looking for fonts for Terraria, and its only you, who have it and A LOT!

You should definately make beautiful preview at first thread post, smth like this guy did.

Ok, now I go try out your fonts and other stuff! :)

So much fonts and customization things!! You are beautiful and did a great job! I was looking for fonts for Terraria, and its only you, who have it and A LOT!

You should definately make beautiful preview at first thread post, smth like this guy did.

Ok, now I go try out your fonts and other stuff! :)
Alright, I will make a preview for future visitors! Thanks for the support man! I will promise to keep this texture pack up to date! I will also fix minor graphical errors as needed.

Would love to see this without downloading and using it. The images don't work. Try using imgur or reuploading them.

Got it! https://sourceforge.net/projects/xnbbuilder/ Now I just open up Visual Studio create sprite fonts and done ;) (I know a little bit of XNA :D)
I've found this about creating fonts at old forum (which is RIP now):
You need Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and XNA 4.0 SDK
I use this tool for Sprite Fonts: SpriteFont 2

1. Open Visual Studio and start a new XNA 4.0 Game Project (Windows Game (4.0)) (Standard Project Name = WindowsGame1)
  2. Now in the Project Explorer (on the Right Side) Rightclick on WindowsGame1 and choose Properties
  3. In the tab "XNA Game Studio" change the Game Profile to "Use Reach to access...."
  4. Now Open SpriteFont 2 (takes a while) and create your Sprite Font and Export it.
  5. Back to Visual Studio: Right Click on "WindowsGame1Content (Content)" and choose "Add existing Element (or something similar)" and search for your exported png File
  6. now select the added png in the Project Explorer
  7. In the Properties of the selected png File (Bottom Right) change the Content Processor to "Sprite Font Textur"
  8. Now Compile your Project, go to the Project Folder and Copy the generated xnb to Terraria/Content
Its a bit complicated but i dont know a other way, You should Google for Help with the Visual Studio and/or Sprite Fonts.
I am using a german Visual Studio so i dont know how the Menus/Options and so on named in an english VS

Title_Font is unused by the Game since one of the last Updates (1.0.3 or 1.0.4 i guess), it is now Death_Text (if i'm not wrong) the size doesn't crash the Game, do you get an error says something about missing char? You can alter the Range (default is 32-126) to 169 which includes the (c) Symbol, in SpriteFont Tool its the 4 Symbol (Character Selection).

Edit:

Sizes (but not 100% sure)
Combat_Crit.xnb same size as Combat_Text
Combat_Text.xnb 12-16
Death_Text.xnb 30-32
Item_Stack.xnb 8-10
Mouse_Text.xnb 12-16

But the sizes depends on the Font used

May be it will be useful for you :)

The only thing I needed was the character range :D Didn't knew it ;) Thanks! I know all of the other stuff ;)
Actually I have a problem only with Mouse_Text.xnb, I am getting this error at screenshot.

The range is same as others and its is include 573 symbols.

May be you can help me?

Fonts from Techdude's pack are working pretty fine, showing in menu and stacks. But main font for game as I figure out - is Mouse_Text.xnb (this is the font for almost everything) and when Im trying to replace original Mouse_Text.xnb with one from Techdude's pack I am getting this error.

Attachments

• Geometry Soft Pro loading character error.PNG
    Geometry Soft Pro loading character error.PNG
    106 KB · Views: 423
Actually I have a problem only with Mouse_Text.xnb, I am getting this error at screenshot.

The range is same as others and its is include 573 symbols.

May be you can help me?

Fonts from Techdude's pack are working pretty fine, showing in menu and stacks. But main font for game as I figure out - is Mouse_Text.xnb (this is the font for almost everything) and when Im trying to replace original Mouse_Text.xnb with one from Techdude's pack I am getting this error.

Character range start is not 32 :) I think he has it higher or something ;) I cannot fix it for you because it's impossible to convert xnb to fonts (Or there is no program for it)

Character range start is not 32 :) I think he has it higher or something ;) I cannot fix it for you because it's impossible to convert xnb to fonts (Or there is no program for it)
Heh, you are right bro.
Yesterday I've made my own spritefont with that instructions which I gave you before with range start 32, but did not give my font a try.
Now I've checked it out and IT WORKS!!!! Yeeeeee! Thank you! I've spent 4 hours yesterday to make Techdude's fonts get work :)
Btw all fonts from Techdude's pack has range start from 20, I've checked it with XNB parser

Last edited:
Actually, it seems like the range has to be 269 in new versions. It is trying to find the character "č". So just so you know!

EDIT: See my post below! It's important for someone who is not speaking with the English alphabet!!

Last edited:
Ok, so everything is working! Just a warning for everyone that is makings fonts for Terraria: You should make the character range MUCH longer. If someone lives, let's say in China and plays terraria they will get a character range error when they click on a Player Character, why? Because in the world selection menu it shows the month it was created! Yep, I'm from Czech Republic so I had "č" and "ě" in there, so I needed to make the character range longer ;) Just so you know guys!

Ok, so everything is working! Just a warning for everyone that is makings fonts for Terraria: You should make the character range MUCH longer. If someone lives, let's say in China and plays terraria they will get a character range error when they click on a Player Character, why? Because in the world selection menu it shows the month it was created! Yep, I'm from Czech Republic so I had "č" and "ě" in there, so I needed to make the character range longer ;) Just so you know guys!
Just wanted to write same. Im from Russia and for me range 32-600 not enought, 32 - 1200 works pretty good for now.
Btw you answered my question WHERE game uses cyrillic. Cuz all game in english!
[doublepost=1471511344,1471511140][/doublepost]
Thanks, anyways Im not going to share my font, just for private use.
I've made my first font 32-1200 just for test xD.
By the way, how are you making Spitefonts? I am using SpriteFont 2 its kinda old but it works.

Last edited:
I use 32 - 700 because if I go any higher the program that converts the .spritefont to .xnb crashes :p Too bad :D
[doublepost=1471511390,1471511367][/doublepost]
Just wanted to write same. Im from Russia and for me range 32-600 not enought, 32 - 1200 works pretty good for now. I dont know which exactly needed for cyrillic.
Btw you answered my question WHERE game uses cyrillic. Cuz all game in english!
[doublepost=1471511344,1471511140][/doublepost]
By the way, how are you making Spitefonts? I am using SpriteFont 2 its kinda old but it works.

I create it with Visual Studio using XNA ;) (I have Visual Studio because I plan to learn Monogame (New, better XNA) sometime, I'm using GameMaker right now :D)

I use 32 - 700 because if I go any higher the program that converts the .spritefont to .xnb crashes :p Too bad :D
[doublepost=1471511390,1471511367][/doublepost]

I create it with Visual Studio using XNA ;)
It was a little bit hard to find it, but here you go. It has no limits (almost no limits xD)

Attachments

• SpriteFont2Installer.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 271
Back
Top Bottom