Tedit Creation: Tree of life

Nice, very nice job. If it was at all possible to send you cookies through an internet connection you'd have a whole basket full right now.:)

This is amazing artistry! I've already downloaded both to experiment with what will work best for my world.
Have you considered playing around with the Living Mahogany Wand/Leaf Wand in your creations? Just a thought! ^.^ TEdit 3.6.x supports them, though there's no unique wall to match, just the same Living Wood walls. =/

Edit: I've been playing around with v.2 a bit. What do you folks think?
Tree of Life variation close-ups 1.jpg Tree of Life variation close-ups 2.jpg
Tree of Life variation close-ups 3.jpg Tree of Life variation close-ups 4.jpg
Click to enlarge views for better comparisons.
(And yes, found out all the actual names after doing all the screenshots. =/ )
LMW: Living Mahogany Wood LMW Leaf: Mahogany Leaf LW: Living Wood LW Leaf: Living Leaf (Moss Wall in TEdit) PJ: Player Jungle Wall
Tree of Life variations.jpg
I played around with Terra's hair coloration compared to the tree she's turning into, and--a bit against her story--I gave her outline some definition in Living Mahogany Wood. I think it makes for a cleaner view, but to each their own.
Tree of Life variation close-ups 1.jpg

Tree of Life variation close-ups 2.jpg

Tree of Life variation close-ups 3.jpg

Tree of Life variation close-ups 4.jpg
I went ahead and measured how large the Tree of Life v.2 is, and it fits within a 384 block tall by 308 block wide space. If you paste it into your world(s) using TEdit while having the "Paste Empty Tiles" box unchecked, you can preserve the surrounding biomes.

I also took the time to slant blocks almost everywhere, to give it a more natural look. After doing all that, I understand why you hadn't, RainDreamer! It's tedious!! If you'd like my sculpted schematic, just let me know. ^.^
Mystil's Sculpted ToL.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for no reply, have been busy with real life and stuck in middle of another project.

The reason I didn't try mahogany is because of its rough texture (looks like worms and freaks me out), and can't blend with grass blocks to look like it has moss growing on tree bark (tedit doesn't show it, but they blend in game), which I use to hang vines from.

And nice work on the slanted block! I should have done that, but was lazy. XD

Not sure if you're still working on this, Rain, but I love it! I've been following your work since the old forum site, when I stumbled upon Pulse's Crater vs Valley thread. I signed up to say something on there, but before I could, realized everyone had migrated over here. Anyway! lol. As a professional artist, I can honestly say that your work has been improving leaps and bounds. Practice really is the key, and you've got that down! From what I've seen, your process seems to be the same as mine, just playing it by ear and fixing what doesn't feel right.

I've just come back to Terraria after a year-or-so hiatus to find a lot of changes, and a ton of cool stuff done on TEdit. I picked up the program and am trying my hand at designing a world, doing a few pixel art creations. Is Pulse's world still up? Have you been working on it?

Not sure if you're still working on this, Rain, but I love it! I've been following your work since the old forum site, when I stumbled upon Pulse's Crater vs Valley thread. I signed up to say something on there, but before I could, realized everyone had migrated over here. Anyway! lol. As a professional artist, I can honestly say that your work has been improving leaps and bounds. Practice really is the key, and you've got that down! From what I've seen, your process seems to be the same as mine, just playing it by ear and fixing what doesn't feel right.

I've just come back to Terraria after a year-or-so hiatus to find a lot of changes, and a ton of cool stuff done on TEdit. I picked up the program and am trying my hand at designing a world, doing a few pixel art creations. Is Pulse's world still up? Have you been working on it?

Pulse has been on hiatus due to his health problem, and I haven't been doing work on his world for a long time. As for the tree, I think it is good for now, if there is anything else I can add, it would be some hanging gardens and some building, but I think the users can do a better job than I do with that. I am currently working on something else at the moment, though real life is really busy these days so I barely make any progress.

Some current sketch of what I have been working on, will see if I can finish this project. Doing water theme this time:
Untitled.png

Drawing these without reference has been a really difficult exercise...

Last edited:
Pulse has been on hiatus due to his health problem, and I haven't been doing work on his world for a long time. As for the tree, I think it is good for now, if there is anything else I can add, it would be some hanging gardens and some building, but I think the users can do a better job than I do with that. I am currently working on something else at the moment, though real life is really busy these days so I barely make any progress.

Some current sketch of what I have been working on, will see if I can finish this project. Doing water theme this time:View attachment 84742
Ahh, gotcha! I had seen he made a thread about that, poor thing. I agree, the tree(s) look good, just wasn't sure if you were adding another to the little "series" or not.

Sweet! It looks promising thus far. Are you in another thread with it? Heck, even with a reference it's a pain sometimes. I rarely post my WIPs for drawings/paintings/etc because they don't really show much except you can clearly see my frustration as I erase/go over areas and usually the end result looks completely different. lol. It's gotten easier with time, but I still struggle with certain angles in poses. I recently have been looking into programs where you can take a 3D model of a person and pose it how you like. That'd make my life a heck of a lot easier!

Ahh, gotcha! I had seen he made a thread about that, poor thing. I agree, the tree(s) look good, just wasn't sure if you were adding another to the little "series" or not.

Sweet! It looks promising thus far. Are you in another thread with it? Heck, even with a reference it's a pain sometimes. I rarely post my WIPs for drawings/paintings/etc because they don't really show much except you can clearly see my frustration as I erase/go over areas and usually the end result looks completely different. lol. It's gotten easier with time, but I still struggle with certain angles in poses. I recently have been looking into programs where you can take a 3D model of a person and pose it how you like. That'd make my life a heck of a lot easier!

I haven't got far enough with this to make a thread yet, so nope, just on my profile for now. Got a lot of advices from sharing my WIP though. I am certain there are some 3D animation programs out there that can do what we need, but I have no idea if any of them are free... I recently found this website though: http://www.posemaniacs.com/
Not as much choices of poses as I would like, but it already has quite a collection.

I haven't got far enough with this to make a thread yet, so nope, just on my profile for now. Got a lot of advices from sharing my WIP though. I am certain there are some 3D animation programs out there that can do what we need, but I have no idea if any of them are free... I recently found this website though: http://www.posemaniacs.com/
Not as much choices of poses as I would like, but it already has quite a collection.
Oh, cool! I think I've come across that before when I used to be on DeviantArt. I had found one program called Poser, but it was pretty buggy, and I don't think it was free. I ended up using it once or twice and it helped. WoW Model Viewer is pretty good if you play Warcraft, but it only does their characters. Sometimes that's helpful enough, but the poses are somewhat limited to what can be done in game. I'm sure there's something out there! I'll get my boyfriend on it, he's great at helping me find these things, and if not, he's a programmer so he could maybe even make something. xD
Ahh, sweet. I used to upload all of my WIPs to DeviantArt, and then finally to Facebook, I made myself an art page there. Due to some IRL drama, though, I'm off social media for a while, so I gave my best friend the admin rights to the page. So as far as I know it still exists, just old. I'm working on my own website. Nowadays I just take a pic of whatever I'm working on with my tablet and send it to my friends to use as a critique panel (lol). My bf started uploading my paintings onto his Twitter to try and get me some support/buyers for when I open my Etsy.

Some current sketch of what I have been working on, will see if I can finish this project. Doing water theme this time:View attachment 84742
*sees first two schematics*

Ever want to pimp up your spawn point? Well, I am here to help you with that.:dryadwink:
Introducing, tree of life v.2 and v.1:
index.php

Both of these trees are intended to be the spawn points for new players, and a place of refuge for their first nights. They have nothing functionally, except for light, space, and some tools (living loom, living wood + leaf wands) for players to build things themselves using the tree as the base and furnish it however they like. What they do have though, is the blessing of the goddess Terra, in the form of a gigantic statue of my own RainDreamer™ :dryadcool: design implemented in the build. There is also a background story that I wrote to go with it, which would explain who Terra is, for those who are interested. Note that you can role play with your own story if you want to, however, just like how you can transform the tree however you like to fit with your play style.

For those who prefer form over function like me, I hope this would satisfy you.

Now, moving on further details about each trees, and the download links to the schematic files (TEdit is required to put them to your world):

The first tree made, and the starter of this thread.
DOWNLOAD HERE
Detailed in game view:
View attachment 62856
Tree base:
The player will have to punch out a hole somewhere at the bottom to get out of the tree once they get down. The cove underneath can easily be converted to suitable housing, intended for dryad so she can provide that buff to player fighting enemies near the base of the tree. Empty space above are for whatever room the player want to fill in. Can be left empty if wished.
View attachment 62857
Tree trunk:
Mid point between left and right branches of the tree. Not much to do here except maybe converting it to a hallway or something.
View attachment 62858 View attachment 62859
Left + right Branches:
These two branches provide extra room for player building and extension later on. They might need to cut some branches and dig some holes, but that will be up to them to find a way to use these space the way they want to.
View attachment 63139
Player's spawn point: This is the place player spawn for the first time and see Terra, and the chest will be containing tools to help players create living wood thematic furniture and build. The empty space here can also be converted to anything the player want to if they wish.

An improved version of the previous, this tree has more usable space, more open areas, better connected paths, and more details with Terra in a whole new perspective.
DOWNLOAD HERE
Overview of the tree:
0qTfBGF.jpg

Point of interests:
View attachment 70975
Spawn point:
This time the players get to be even more up close and personal with Terra, and the spawn point now finally situated somewhere central to the tree with easy access to left/right branches.
The chest with thematic tool is also here for player to grab. Note that the screenshot differ from the download a bit: the download has the bed replaced with flowers and sun flower (why putting a bed at spawn point anyway?). Also it is important to note that the small tree and the sun flower is placed using TEdit and thus can't be replaced once destroyed in game, unless you TEdit them in again.

View attachment 70976 View attachment 70977
Left and right branches:
Enjoy the new open space! Now you can build to your heart's content in your own design of a room instead of having to cut through leaves to make a room. I recommend some tree house designs resting on those smaller branches.

View attachment 70978
Upper exits and tree trunk:

This version of the tree has 2 small exits under the main left and right branches, which is good for players who has already have something to prevent fall damages. For new players though, that is a quick way to get back to spawn. They will still have to get lower down through the center vine ropes. Less usable space down here, and it is all cramped and stuffy. But you can line up all your chests along the way if you like to make it a storage space.

View attachment 70979
Tree base + cave:
Once again, the player will have to dig out from here, though how and which way will be up to them.
The cave has much more expanded space in this version, having a small pond included here. And again, it is designed to be a place where the dryad can live, so that she can bestow her buff when the player fight enemies near the ground. The expanded space also lend it nicely into becoming a small scale herb farm. I always like to have the dryad as my gardener tending my farm and have that small pond over there to water things. Also good to make potions. Can also hang a beehive on one of the extended roots too. But of course, that is just my recommendation. The player can always choose to make this space as their own and use it however they like.

I hope you will like these trees! Please give me feedback and comment in this thread so I can improve my future build.

Hi I'm brand new to game and have been playing around with Tedit. I wandered how I can resize the schematic to fit my world. At the moment it's huge and doesn't fit in my small world. Is there a way to resize a schematic?

Thanks xx

It doesn't work for me. You think you can make these trees on 2 new different worlds? I did all I could loading them up with TEdit but it doesn't work. :(

Back
Top Bottom