Tool TEdit for 1.3(Experimental)

Snowburger9

Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians.I just wanted to share that a experimental version of TEdit for 1.3 has been released.It works fine,but do not blame me for any problems,remember I did not make this.A lot of you may already know about this,but I bet a lot of you don't.
Follow the instructions here to get and In-Development TEdit 1.3 build.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/3cjurf/tedit_for_13_has_been_experimentally_released/
I hope this helps all of you looking for TEdit 1.3!

I can't seem to get it functioning, any idea when a compiled version will be available? Loving 1.3.0.x but miss being able to build the big crazy stuff into my maps... I want to build expert mode moon farms and such, you know? I can build them the long slow way like I have to on the console, but I really liked how much faster I could do it on the PC with tedit in pervious versions.

I have no idea about that.Like I said,I didn't make this,so I can't really help.It works fine for me without any crashing or the like.What is the exact problem,maybe I can help.

EDIT:don;'t forget that the full release will be available soon:joy:

it should just be able to compile when you hit the build.bat, right? it keeps giving me an error... I dunno. I'll wait for the release I guess.

I followed the instructions, but it wasn't working. I went into the .bat file and changed a couple little things and ran it, and it's all good now. Also noticed in the images with the instructions that it says it makes a "release" folder in the "bin" folder, but it actually makes a folder named "portable" with the .exe in it(EDIT: It makes a TeditXNA folder with everything exactly like the pic, my bad for not paying attention). Really not that big of a deal, but it may confuse some people. Time to build a trap for the moon lord.

Here, I compiled it and I sent this to Darthmorf and it was confirmed working, so I'm just gonna add it here for everybody to get easier. Enjoy!

(disclaimer, all I did was make the compiler batch run right and then zipped the folder it put out, I didn't make it, so use at your own risk.)

Attachments

• TEditXna.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,571
Last edited:
I have used all of those and haven't had an issue. the one crash I've had so far was from a liquid block that wasn't contained properly, don't know why it messed it up, but it was the only thing I changed in my backup map and the backup was fine after.

I am still using the one I made the .zip of and put up here... it's been working right for me. What did they update in this fork?

I am still using the one I made the .zip of and put up here... it's been working right for me. What did they update in this fork?

I'm not a coder so I can't tell you exactly what they did but they've done a lot of work on it. Here is the commits from the more recent forks.

Code:
Commits on Aug 4, 2015
@CyberZHG
#632: Use relative path in post-build script and make sure the memory… …

CyberZHG authored 2 days ago
55a2c97

Commits on Aug 3, 2015
@CyberZHG
Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/SBlogic/Terraria-Map-Editor

CyberZHG authored 2 days ago

Commits on Aug 3, 2015
@SBlogic
Add icon to URL error message box …

SBlogic authored 2 days ago
aa0a37e

@SBlogic
Add an exception catch for wiki item in help menu …

SBlogic authored 2 days ago
c7b4219

Commits on Jul 28, 2015
@SBlogic
settings.xml update …

SBlogic authored 8 days ago
20b1e31

Commits on Jul 23, 2015
@SBlogic
settings.xml maintenance …

SBlogic authored 13 days ago
b364984

Commits on Jul 14, 2015
@SBlogic
Merge pull request #10 from CyberZHG/master …

SBlogic authored 22 days ago
4a250e0

@CyberZHG
>Trigger UpdateResource when `Enter` is pressed in the TextBox of spri… …

CyberZHG authored 23 days ago
fa221c4

@CyberZHG
>Replace hard coded tile type magic numbers with enums. …

1f0215f

@CyberZHG
>Encapsulate the type checking of chests and signs. …

@CyberZHG

dc350a7

Commits on Jul 13, 2015
@CyberZHG
>Dressers are chests, too. …

28c51d4

@SBlogic
1.3.0.5 New Item …

SBlogic authored 23 days ago
f9756f0

@SBlogic
Merge pull request #9 from CyberZHG/master …

SBlogic authored 23 days ago
3f622a7

@CyberZHG
>Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/SBlogic/Terraria-Map-Editor …

CyberZHG authored 24 days ago
22830e1

@CyberZHG
>Use the existing tile data for signs and grave marker. …

@CyberZHG
>Use the existing tile data for chests. …

e636f52

@CyberZHG
>Change between tombstone and sign. …

7f11ad7

@CyberZHG
>Change sign type. (Tombstones and signs are not interchangable). …

Commits on Jul 12, 2015
@SBlogic
Merge pull request #8 from CyberZHG/master …

SBlogic authored 24 days ago
9ca4586

@SBlogic
Minor tweaks for kill tally …

SBlogic authored 24 days ago
dde0f2f

@SBlogic
1.3 Kill Tally panel …

SBlogic authored 25 days ago
9e9e49f

Commits on Jul 10, 2015
@CyberZHG
>Support chests in 1.3. …

CyberZHG authored 26 days ago
0690e74

@CyberZHG

CyberZHG authored 26 days ago
9503bad

Commits on Jul 8, 2015
@SBlogic
Merge pull request #7 from speeder/master …
[\code][\spoiler]

I know nothing of compiling, scripting and use Windows 7. Could anyone help me with pointing to a working TEdit for v1.3? I downloaded all packages uploaded on reddit, github, ones posted here, they either don't work, or have no .exe file, and I don't know what am I supposed to do with packs that have no executable.
Thanks in advance for help :)

I know nothing of compiling, scripting and use Windows 7. Could anyone help me with pointing to a working TEdit for v1.3? I downloaded all packages uploaded on reddit, github, ones posted here, they either don't work, or have no .exe file, and I don't know what am I supposed to do with packs that have no executable.

I install .net framework 4 and then I can build latest TEDIT.

The .zip I posted above has an .exe in it, it's in the >bin>releases folder.

Back
Top Bottom