Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

For a while now, yeah. The bottom half lets you change your colours, the top half lets you store stuff. Or vice versa.

Wow I didn't even know that. I do have so many dressers around the world. I'll transfer the chest stuff into dresser storage.

@Red Slime The Sprite Tool, it's the S on the left hand side, and when you select it it should switch to the sprite tab on the right hand side where you select which sprite you'd like to paste

One question about the main Terraria in-game mechanics. If I place in-game anymore chests. I don't get a chest limit message. But I only get a chest limit message in Tedit.

Why does Tedit have a popup of chest limit if it doesn't state it in-game?

One question about the main Terraria in-game mechanics. If I place in-game anymore chests. I don't get a chest limit message. But I only get a chest limit message in Tedit.

Why does Tedit have a popup of chest limit if it doesn't state it in-game?
According to the wiki any placed chests that are over the chest limit will pop out again, turning into an item.
Never tested it myself since I wouldn't know why I'd need that many chests.

According to the wiki any placed chests that are over the chest limit will pop out again, turning into an item.
Never tested it myself since I wouldn't know why I'd need that many chests.

Hmm it wouldn't do that though if items are in the chests. Plus isn't each World size (small, medium & large) have different chest limits?

I just tried saving again in Tedit without cutting down on the chests. This time no chest limit count message popped up. And I was able to save world with the changes.

So it maybe my world or Tedit buggy.

Hey I'm currently got Tedit up. I noticed a morph biome is missing. Where is Mushroom biome as you can spray that with the Cleminator as well?

Hi, can someone teach me how to get TEdit up and running? I used to use Tedit all the time and it was awesome. I wanted to use it again but I can't get it to work.

I download the newest version, extract it and then click TEditXna (the one with an icon and is 853kb). But nothing happens.

So then I got the 3.5.1547.30 version with the installer and I'm able to install it. I click on TEditXna and it opens up just fine. But of course, it's not compatible with the current version of Terraria.

I even tried installing 3.5.etc and then copying the 3.9.16348.180 over it, but when I do, it doesn't work anymore.

Help me out please? Thanks.

@LenIAM Taking 5 minutes to read like the last page of posts would answer your question and then you wouldn't even have to ask it here

@RainyDays I know it's an issue and I've let @BinaryConstruct know about it

@Myth it's based on Location and the Snow Background
Snow BG options are 0,1,2,3,4,21,22,31,32,41,42
SnowTrees are
View attachment 149524
View attachment 149526
View attachment 149527
View attachment 149528
View attachment 149529

BG 0 uses 12, unless trunk position is divisible by 10, then it's 18
BG 1,21,22,31,41 use 4
BG 3 uses 17 for the left half of the map and 16 for the right half
BG 2,4,32,42 is reversed from 3.... 16 for the left half 17 for the right half

Hi, i was wondering if there was a guide for the trees and backgrounds. ^^

Copying then pasting doesn't work properly. If you copy something then flip whatever you copied. Then pasting it on map. Not everything is pasted. This is for the latest version.

I've just noticed Pinetree blocks aren't in Tedit. Will that be added soon? Nevermind found the Pine Tree Block. But for some reason it's not displaying properly in Tedit.

Last edited:
I tried running TEdit and It just doesn't work at all. I checked the logs and there's a issue with loading some NPC textures. How can I fix this?

Is there a version of Tedit that could be used on a tablet? Not for editing mobile worlds but just as a design tool. I get ideas when im at work and want to put then in tedit when im unable to get to my laptop.

Is there a version of Tedit that could be used on a tablet? Not for editing mobile worlds but just as a design tool. I get ideas when im at work and want to put then in tedit when im unable to get to my laptop.

Good question. I was about to ask the same thing. Also if there is a Tedit mobile version. Can it be made possible to cross sync between the pc saved schematics to the mobile version?

Back
Top Bottom