• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

corvidoodle

Terrarian
So I have TEdit installed and working fine, and I just downloaded a plugin for it. Problem is idk where to extract the .zip file to. I have the TEdit folder in documents/my games. I haven't seen any info online about how to do this.
Also apologies if this is in the wrong category. First thread post and I'm sure to make the mistake in any forum I use at least once.

vetica

Terrarian
Hi, is there a site or discord for sharing schematics? I found some old ones but the download links weren't working anymore.

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
Hi,

Can someone tell me what the "mask" feature is please?

Thanks.
Say you have the Brush tool selected and for the material (the top most drop down) you have dirt block selected. And for "Mask Mode" you have "Edit Matching" selected, then next to "Mask", you have Stone Block selected. When you go to start painting with dirt block, it will only place dirt blocks where stone blocks are already placed, replacing them with dirt.

So the "Mask Mode" applies to the material selected underneath (except for "Edit Empty", which just edits where no blocks already are). So just read the Mask Mode, followed by the material selected underneath.

"Disable Mask" disables the function, where the bottom selected material no longer affects anything. Also, you can swap the top and bottom selected materials with the hotkey "X", very handy when frequently switching between 2 types of material.

Hi, is there a site or discord for sharing schematics? I found some old ones but the download links weren't working anymore.
I've previously searched for a database of schematics and wasn't able to find one. Only came across 1 collection someone posted. I ran into the same issue where some links were no longer working. FYI, i didn't spend much time really searching though.

Last edited:

ED209

Plantera
Say you have the Brush tool selected and for the material (the top most drop down) you have dirt block selected. And for "Mask Mode" you have "Edit Matching" selected, then next to "Mask", you have Stone Block selected. When you go to start painting with dirt block, it will only place dirt blocks where stone blocks are already placed, replacing them with dirt.
So if there is a big area of stone with a vein of copper running through it, I can use the brush to change it to another ore without changing the stone?

Slaughter Lord

Terrarian
So if there is a big area of stone with a vein of copper running through it, I can use the brush to change it to another ore without changing the stone?
Exactly. It is very helpful for terrain editing, and other cases that i'm sure you'll start to find the more you use the program. Sry for the late reply btw.

ED209

Plantera
Exactly. It is very helpful for terrain editing, and other cases that i'm sure you'll start to find the more you use the program. Sry for the late reply btw.
I've been playing with it, it's a great feature. And you're not on a deadline so don't worry about it...

ED209

Plantera
I've just discovered the hammer brush!!! No more hours of sloping terrain!!!

I LOVE this tool!!!

Top Bottom