Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

I've just downloaded the latest update, but it says I don't have permission, immediately followed by the PC removing it as it's considered "unsafe".
Oh it’s just the computer thinking it’s bad when it is safe, so just press more or something like that and press run anyway

@BinaryConstruct I'm having an issue where windows keep opening saying the following:

There is a problem in your world.
Sign Count is 1026 which is greater than 1000
This world will not open in Terraria
Would you like to save anyways??

There are two issues with this:
  1. There are only around 20 sign on the map
  2. The number keeps getting bigger; the two images below were taken 5 minutes apart.
1618773102242.png

1618773119080.png

Hi, I'm having problems quarantining my crimson world with TEdit. I don't want it to spread everywhere but I'm not very good at editing hellavators. Anyone know a way to make this easier?

How do I change the snow tree top type (and jungle tree top)? Changing the Snow BG no longer affects the boreal tree top

Hi, I'm having problems quarantining my crimson world with TEdit. I don't want it to spread everywhere but I'm not very good at editing hellavators. Anyone know a way to make this easier?
You can use the selection tool (blue square) to highlight what you want removed and then press the delete selection tool (red circle with a dash in it)

I think the latest version can handle older versions. Whether or not it can be opened on console once edited in TEdit I'm not sure. I still have some warding flame traps on my PS4 from way back when someone imported them.
As far as I know, there's no cross-compatibility between current Console version worlds and PC worlds, nor is there a supported way to move them off of the console - so the version of the game isn't relevant here.
There's a pretty good chance this will change with the 1.4 update that's about to be submitted, as this update on mobile did move to the same format for saves as PC.

As far as I know, there's no cross-compatibility between current Console version worlds and PC worlds, nor is there a supported way to move them off of the console - so the version of the game isn't relevant here.
There's a pretty good chance this will change with the 1.4 update that's about to be submitted, as this update on mobile did move to the same format for saves as PC.
I had a very brief conversation with @BinaryConstruct who said it might be possible with the new beta, but obviously he couldn't say what would happen on console after the edit. There are currently things like super stacks knocking around on console for example.

This isn't exactly PC help, but I want to know how to import png images into TEdit. I'm sure i could make smaller images for small builds, but I was curious if i can just draw the whole world in a png image and import it. Besides that, I just want to know how to import png images to make builds. I.e. I want to draw a large dungeon instead of meticulously building it in TEdit, which isn't always so quick. If anybody knows anything and can help me, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

There's some sort of tool that works like a "paintbrush" that can corrupt/crimson/hallow/purify areas I think, but not 100% sure of it, it's been a while I tried using it.

I have been using the latest version of TEdit. I notice that that in every world where I use TEdit, the bosses are significantly smaller.
2021-09-26 (2).png

This is a TEdit world
2021-09-26 (3).png

This is a normal world. Please help me resolve this issue, thank you very much!

I have been using the latest version of TEdit. I notice that that in every world where I use TEdit, the bosses are significantly smaller.
2021-09-26 (2).png

This is a TEdit world
2021-09-26 (3).png

This is a normal world. Please help me resolve this issue, thank you very much!
Your screenshots don't seem to have worked.

Back
Top Bottom