Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

That's weird because I looked through all the S's and it wasn't there. The Portal Gun Station still doesn't show up in the sprites. All the other cannon types do but not that one.

Anyone having this issue where the program won't launch at all but yet the thing shows in the Processes tab of Task Manager? This is even if you try to run it as admin. However, you do get a 'TEdit jas stopped working' message if you bring the .exe file outside the folder.

Cool, I see we have Portal Gun Station sprites now. . . I found something else that is missing sprites. XD
The announcement boxes don't have a hanging, left, or right side sprite. At first when I noticed this I thought, "can these hang or go on walls like signs can? They work almost just like a sign." So I jumped into the game to test it and yup, they can be placed just like a sign. They are just missing these sprites in TEdit.
Also I tried to copy a stack of items in a chest and paste it into another slot thinking that was a thing. I kind of feel like it should be, and would save people a lot of time when they need to fill up a chest with many of the same items.

Keeping me on my toes Vis, went through all the tiles this weekend updating the sprite mapping and I somehow missed the announcement box, just pushed the corrections and the next build will include it

Keeping me on my toes Vis, went through all the tiles this weekend updating the sprite mapping and I somehow missed the announcement box, just pushed the corrections and the next build will include it
Well there is like 3000+ items in the game, so of course 1 person will end up missing a few here and there. I'm just trying to help catch the ones you miss so the pile doesn't just get bigger when the next update comes. `;)

I've just started using this tool and I love it! I'm so glad it's available for GOG users now. And such a quick update to 1.3.1 too!

A question: As far as I can tell, the sprites for trees include tree roots and trunks, tree tops, and leafless branches. But I can't find any sprites in the list for leafy branches. If I want to add leaves to a branch, I have to cut and paste one from another tree. Am I missing something?

Hi, I wanted to ask, can somebody link me to images of all the backgrounds used, and their respective numbers? Like, in the world editor, there's a section to change the background, and I'd like to do that.
So is nobody going to help me?

Aryholic all images are in the Terraria/Content/Images directory.... if you want to view all the images xnb converters are not hard to find with a quick google search..... and which images are used when is dependent on a lot of factors...... I've been meaning to update to correct background rendering so changes would show up, and one day I may get to it.....
Terrafirma renders it well and you can see which images are used when in this code location https://github.com/mrkite/TerraFirma/blob/master/glmap.cpp#L520

Vehdrehl the clipboard section in the right menu allows flipping in the x and y directions, as you can see with my convos with Vis it's very basic right now

Matther sorry but because tedit was built on WPF it's not cross compatible and windows only

Aryholic all images are in the Terraria/Content/Images directory.... if you want to view all the images xnb converters are not hard to find with a quick google search..... and which images are used when is dependent on a lot of factors...... I've been meaning to update to correct background rendering so changes would show up, and one day I may get to it.....
Terrafirma renders it well and you can see which images are used when in this code location https://github.com/mrkite/TerraFirma/blob/master/glmap.cpp#L520

Vehdrehl the clipboard section in the right menu allows flipping in the x and y directions, as you can see with my convos with Vis it's very basic right now

Matther sorry but because tedit was built on WPF it's not cross compatible and windows only
K thanks for letting me know

Thanks enigmaquip, that's all I needed to know :D

Jst wondering.. is there compatability with modes? namely the tremur and thorium ones, as those are the mods im currently using.

Oh, duh. Silly me. Thanks for the reply! :)

I'm probably overly wary of viruses and such, but i just want to check: i opened the link at the top to the download, and there i went to download latest version. something from adfly popped up,(closed without giving time to load) and something came up across the bottom of the screen. Is this all what it should do?

Version 3.8 now includes 1.3.2 support
[doublepost=1469069941,1469069805][/doublepost]
I'm probably overly wary of viruses and such, but i just want to check: i opened the link at the top to the download, and there i went to download latest version. something from adfly popped up,(closed without giving time to load) and something came up across the bottom of the screen. Is this all what it should do?

The main developer BinaryConstruct uses adfly to help with the hosting costs of his server. The TEdit zip file should be fine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom