Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Hello BinaryConstruct.

I have re-installed Tedit after a long-long time, like since before 1.2.

You see, I made an adventure map about 5 years ago. I've replayed it tonight and the 1.2 Terraria update kinda broke it. I need to update my map.

When I load it up in the latest Tedit beta, an error message pops up saying my world version is outdated and also a lot of technical stuff I don't quite get (see attachment).

When I save the world and try to load it up in Terraria, it says "World load failed."

I can still play with it in Terraria If I don't open and save the map in TEdit...

You can even download the map yourself over here at Curse forge: http://mods.curse.com/maps/terraria/silent-hill-2-adventure-map#t1:description

Isn't there a way I could make a giant template of the world and copy it into a newer world version? Any suggestions on how to fix this snag would be appreciated...

Attachments

• TEditError.jpg
    TEditError.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 462
Hello BinaryConstruct.

I have re-installed Tedit after a long-long time, like since before 1.2.

You see, I made an adventure map about 5 years ago. I've replayed it tonight and the 1.2 Terraria update kinda broke it. I need to update my map.

When I load it up in the latest Tedit beta, an error message pops up saying my world version is outdated and also a lot of technical stuff I don't quite get (see attachment).

When I save the world and try to load it up in Terraria, it says "World load failed."

I can still play with it in Terraria If I don't open and save the map in TEdit...

You can even download the map yourself over here at Curse forge: http://mods.curse.com/maps/terraria/silent-hill-2-adventure-map#t1:description

Isn't there a way I could make a giant template of the world and copy it into a newer world version? Any suggestions on how to fix this snag would be appreciated...

Hello, I downloaded your map from Curse, loaded it into Terraria 1.321, looked around a bit, interesting by the way, then loaded it into version 3.8.16204.124 of TEdit, looked around and saved it. All seems good!

Just make sure your versions match, Terraria 1.32x with TEdit 3.8x and Terraria 1.31x with TEdit 3.7x.

Hope this may be helpful to you.

Hello, I downloaded your map from Curse, loaded it into Terraria 1.321, looked around a bit, interesting by the way, then loaded it into version 3.8.16204.124 of TEdit, looked around and saved it. All seems good!

Just make sure your versions match, Terraria 1.32x with TEdit 3.8x and Terraria 1.31x with TEdit 3.7x.

Hope this may be helpful to you.

But have you tried reloading it in Terraria after saving it in TEdit? That's my problem, it won't load in Terraria after making edits in TEdit. If I make no edits at all in TEdit, I can load my map just fine in Terraria.

I was using the latest beta version, btw...

But have you tried reloading it in Terraria after saving it in TEdit? That's my problem, it won't load in Terraria after making edits in TEdit. If I make no edits at all in TEdit, I can load my map just fine in Terraria.

I was using the latest beta version, btw...

Yes, I reloaded it back into Terraria 1.321. It will not load back into an older version of Terraria.

Edit: I just reloaded it again into Terraria, then TEdit again, deleted a few blocks, saved and loaded back into Terraria. If you would like, I can upload it for you.

Last edited:
Yes, I reloaded it back into Terraria 1.321. It will not load back into an older version of Terraria.

Edit: I just reloaded it again into Terraria, then TEdit again, deleted a few blocks, saved and loaded back into Terraria. If you would like, I can upload it for you.

If you can, I'd appreciate it. It seems every attempts I tried failed.

That would be a life-saver.

Thanks for doing that, really appreciated. Looks like I have a busy day ahead of me. :D

I'm sure with all the new wiring and mob statues, you will have an awesome new creation. I really liked how you used mostly just walls for the town buildings. Looking forward to your new creations.

I'm sure with all the new wiring and mob statues, you will have an awesome new creation. I really liked how you used mostly just walls for the town buildings. Looking forward to your new creations.

The first update will mostly be an hotfix to fix the Axe not working on placed Wood blocks, something that changed in 1.2, as well as other stuff. You can see the full changelist to come in this thread (the latest post I made): http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/silent-hill-2-adventure-map.46953/

Again, thank you very much for the help and the kind words.

Hey is this mod getting an update to the 1.3.2 Terraria update? Doesn't work anymore with the current Terraria update.

Does anyone know why sometimes, but not always, using tEdit on a map causes my characters to forget exploration of that world?

Does anyone know why sometimes, but not always, using tEdit on a map causes my characters to forget exploration of that world?

Doesn't this happen when you change the name of the map inside TEdit, like when you change version number when you update something important?

Doesn't this happen when you change the name of the map inside TEdit, like when you change version number when you update something important?
That would make sense I guess. I had something weird happen though... At least this is what I think happened. It's possible I messed up somehow. Opened a map I've played in, and saved a new copy (with a new name). Then I visited the copy with the same character who had played the original world... and somehow ended up with no exploration in either one. Any idea how/why this might have happened?

Huh, well it looks like I can't edit terraria maps made by Nterraria. Just ends up fail loading the data when trying to load it in Nterraria.

That would make sense I guess. I had something weird happen though... At least this is what I think happened. It's possible I messed up somehow. Opened a map I've played in, and saved a new copy (with a new name). Then I visited the copy with the same character who had played the original world... and somehow ended up with no exploration in either one. Any idea how/why this might have happened?

You must've edited the name and saved the original somehow. I've been working on my own map, saving in Tedit without changing the name and my current player can still see the explored parts.

As soon as you change the name, Terraria thinks it's an entirely new map, which in turn resets character map progression.

@Vagrant is right, but if you make any changes to the properties of the world this happens except for changing the content of the world. Name is very common and I have not got it to go back. You could copy the changed content and export it, load the old world or backup world, then paste the new content and save.
[doublepost=1469767949,1469767707][/doublepost]
Huh, well it looks like I can't edit terraria maps made by Nterraria. Just ends up fail loading the data when trying to load it in Nterraria.

Read at the top of the Binaryconstruct.com/downloads and it says for Terraria version xxx - TEdit version xxx. So if you have Nterraria that is based on Terraria code 1.3.1, you would download TEdit 3.7, not the latest version. I have no idea what version of Terraria is used with Nterraria, so you would need to know that.

@Vagrant is right, but if you make any changes to the properties of the world this happens except for changing the content of the world. Name is very common and I have not got it to go back. You could copy the changed content and export it, load the old world or backup world, then paste the new content and save.
[doublepost=1469767949,1469767707][/doublepost]

Read at the top of the Binaryconstruct.com/downloads and it says for Terraria version xxx - TEdit version xxx. So if you have Nterraria that is based on Terraria code 1.3.1, you would download TEdit 3.7, not the latest version. I have no idea what version of Terraria is used with Nterraria, so you would need to know that.

Hm, I have Nterraria version 1.3.0.7

Back
Top Bottom