Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

That would be mod work and not something terraria would allow without a mod. A Tile is a very set object, you can see it in bottom info panel. You couldn't store mixed tiles like that

thank you for the program, it helps a lot. I recently switched to bitdefender internet security and it keeps stoping tedit from launching, I needed to add tedit to exclusions :( . today I downloaded TEdit3_BETA_v3.8.16214.120 and tried to launch it ,security program stopped it as usual and then said teditlog.txt file in documents/mygames/terraria is infected. is there something can be done to prevent this event from repeating?

Does it tell you in what way it's infected? Funny it hits on the run log file when it's the simplest log file there is.

upload_2016-8-4_17-13-19.png

Had a lil free time today, enjoy

Does it tell you in what way it's infected? Funny it hits on the run log file when it's the simplest log file there is.

It doesn't tell me what the file is infected with, so I send a ticket to support . they hopefully will tell me if there is a way to learn.

upload_2016-8-5_14-9-4.png

upload_2016-8-5_14-4-0.png

Moved chests and signs to the same tab and added editing for mannequins, weapon racks and item frames.
You figure out some interesting things when going through code. I didn't realize how many things could go on the weapon rack. Ammo can go on the weapon rack, and it looks funny when you put a copper coin up there

hi, internet security support requested sth called "support tool log". they couldn't find anything with that, then they wanted infected files. I sent them "teditlog.txt" and "teditlog.txt.old" (these were the 2 files removed by security program). though I couldn't find "tedit.txt.lnk"(which is second file, shown detected as infected in events after "teditlog.txt") and I never actually saw that file.

support's last mail is "The file has been automatically sent to our laboratories for specialized analysis. If the file is indeed a False Positive, the detection will be removed in the next 72 business hours and the modification will be implemented in the product through a Signature Update."

Let me guess, both of you run Windows 10?

Any error pop up message coming up when it crashes?

I'm using Win 7 and it's smooth sailing here.

Where do you extract the files? I don't use installers, I take the zip and extract it manually to a folder I created myself at C:\Program Files (x86)\TEdit.

I boot the program via TEditXna.exe. When I boot it on the first time, it ask me search for the Terraria folder.

Also, you both didn't mention which version of TEdit you downloaded. Make sure you both use the latest version over here: http://www.binaryconstruct.com/downloads/.

Where do you extract the files? I don't use installers, I take the zip and extract it manually to a folder I created myself at C:\Program Files (x86)\TEdit.

I boot the program via TEditXna.exe. When I boot it on the first time, it ask me search for the Terraria folder.

Also, you both didn't mention which version of TEdit you downloaded. Make sure you both use the latest version over here: http://www.binaryconstruct.com/downloads/.

I have the latest version, and I extracted it, I try to start it, it just gives me an error and it refuses to even close.
https://gyazo.com/8e063ebe6c41d811b5cb822d7d6692ec

Ok then, do the right thing and do what the popup message says: copy your Tedit log and post it in the Tedit github issue page.

I can't really help more past this point. Maybe try re-installing the Xna redist installer in the Terraria folder? Steam fixed an issue not too long ago. Steam didn't install every packages that could come with the game.

Is it just me or is there something really weird about the way TEdit displays wires now?
Weird Wire Display.png

Not sure if it's a hard thing to make the wires show up like they do in the game, but if it is, I think we should try to display overlapping wires in a different way for TEdit.
Maybe something like this.
Suggested Wire Display.png

The top line shows 2 colored wires in the same block.
The middle shows 3 colors in the same block.
And the bottom shows all 4 colors.
I think something like this would be a lot better than the random mess I'm currently seeing in TEdit. DX

So I fixed it so it's rendering as intended.... which means to say that the last wire in the order will always be on top..... we'll see about blending at another time

So I fixed it so it's rendering as intended.... which means to say that the last wire in the order will always be on top..... we'll see about blending at another time

Okay, good.
Are you going to make it blend like in the game, or something different kind of like what I did?

whenever I launch the newest beta version of tedit my pc says that smartscreen stopped the file from launching because it could harm the computer. It still gives the option to launch it anyways but I'm just wondering if its safe to launch it.

Back
Top Bottom