Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

whenever I launch the newest beta version of tedit my pc says that smartscreen stopped the file from launching because it could harm the computer. It still gives the option to launch it anyways but I'm just wondering if its safe to launch it.

It's a false flag, everything works fine here, and no trojan worm has eaten my PC alive yet since I installed it.

Ok another problem, all of a sudden i got "to many chests" message even tho i didnt place any chests and the map loaded fine before, is there an easy way to find and destroy random chests in the underground (that arent important)

Ok another problem, all of a sudden i got "to many chests" message even tho i didnt place any chests and the map loaded fine before, is there an easy way to find and destroy random chests in the underground (that arent important)
Does the error happen when you load Terraria? If so under the plugins tab at the top of tedit there should be some useful tools.

Dropping by to report some weirdness with slopped platforms.

As the attached picture shows, I build a 1-cube wide stair in Terraria, use the hammer to make stairs. You can clearly see the "Stringer" sprite being used in the game. When I open my world in TEdit, it looks like the third picture: stairs with no stringers.

If you do stairs with no Stringers in Tedit, it will stay as is. Here's the catch. Adding a Stringer in TEdit will count as a second cube in the game.

Then, there's the other problem where my character doesn't automatically climb stairs when moving near them. This happens only with stairs I made with Tedit. I've tried using different combination of "Risers" but it's not working. ;_;

If anyone has a protip to build more efficient stairs in Tedit, I'm open to suggestion.

Attachments

• slopeweird2.jpg
    slopeweird2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 292
What I'd do is build a set of stairs in game then use tedit to copy paste them wherever you need it.

What I'd do is build a set of stairs in game then use tedit to copy paste them wherever you need it.

Yeah that works, but not if you want to Flip the X axis to invert your stairs. Each sprite remains as is.

My own trick was to remake stairs with Single platforms and hammer them manually.

Another one is to put down 1 single platform, hammer it, then use Smart Cursor to install the next platforms. What this does is that it transform each platform you put down into slopped stairs (as long as the first one was slopped).

Yeah that works, but not if you want to Flip the X axis to invert your stairs. Each sprite remains as is.

My own trick was to remake stairs with Single platforms and hammer them manually.

Another one is to put down 1 single platform, hammer it, then use Smart Cursor to install the next platforms. What this does is that it transform each platform you put down into slopped stairs (as long as the first one was slopped).
So just build two sets ;)

Will the current version of TEdit work with the latest version of Terraria? If so, then I am having issues trying to get it to run. x.x

@Vagrant and @darthmorf
Platforms are a weird thing, stairs also need to have the bricktype set to slopetopleft or slopetopright if editing manually. I have been tossing the idea around of adding a platform editing option similar to minecart tracks

@Goat men
Super late on the response, but for future reference for others as well on 'Too Many Chests'. Remember that dressers are also chests. When dresser functionality was added to Terraria there was a check when the world was loaded to add the 'chest' to old dressers, but this function only ran for maps that were old versions. TEdit does this conversion everytime a map is saved when it goes through the validation process. I think I went a little more in depth here https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/issues/665#issuecomment-148839843

@enigmaquip Thanks for the insight, I'll test it out to see if it can save some time.

Indeed, it would be nice to have a tool like the Minecart painting option for stairs. Also, a way to make diagonal lines would be really nice. Thanks for still updating this, I'm still using it almost everyday.

Back
Top Bottom