Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

@Aaron Terraria you're probably seeing the error described here https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/issues/751
basically force update directx to 11.1 as described in the microsoft link in the top of that issue

@Kìrîtö_⚔️_Kãžütō™ the flip part of the clipboard tool ignores sprites greater than 1x1 as it hasn't yet been built to handle them, probably not happening anytime soon

TEdit was built on XNA and WPF, while upgrading the engine to monogame gets closer to cross platform the Windows Presentation Format that the entire gui is built on is not cross platform and wont see it happen anytime soon. Also supporting mobile content or switching between the two would be a huge pain in the :red: with the disconnect between versions and content available on the two different platforms

I have a problem with TEdit
Just a black screen when loading a world, only on my pc with windows 10, it can still analyse it, modify anything, but I just cant see the blocks tedit issue.png

Answer found : on windows 10 if you have 2 graphics cards, you have to launch Tedit with the integrated graphics. I put it here because to find the thread on the binary construct website...

does this need c++?
so yes some have an big problem running the program
and
if someone wants to help
when i run c++ redistributalbe instalation it hangs on windows7-msu or something :/

Hey, is there a Mac version for this/Is this compatible with Mac? I really want to make a few adventure maps, puzzle maps, etc. Thanks!

Hey, is there a Mac version for this/Is this compatible with Mac? I really want to make a few adventure maps, puzzle maps, etc. Thanks!
Sadly no, there's no Mac version. To quote one of the developers:
TEdit was built on XNA and WPF, while upgrading the engine to monogame gets closer to cross platform the Windows Presentation Format that the entire gui is built on is not cross platform and wont see it happen anytime soon.

You'll have to use a windows emulator or an actual PC to make your maps (or build in-game). At least the maps are cross-platform.

Sadly no, there's no Mac version. To quote one of the developers:

You'll have to use a windows emulator or an actual PC to make your maps (or build in-game). At least the maps are cross-platform.

Thanks for the response. I'll be getting a PC soon enough so I guess it can't be that bad? I'll look into checking out a Windows emulator. Thanks!

I can't get to either the downloads page or the help page. Whenever i try, it says this:

This page can’t be displayed
Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://github.com again. If this error persists, it is possible that this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite such as RC4 (link for the details), which is not considered secure. Please contact your site administrator.

All 3 TLS options are on. I tried it with IE and Firefox.

ok so the editor cant check for updates and when i try to load my world and it says tedit max world:187 current world: 188. and thats my error message i want help

Back
Top Bottom