Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

This doesn't work with mods, does it?

I'd strongly suggest you read the posts just above this one, in which that very topic is discussed. The answer is "yes and no", in that it works on the vanilla parts, but the mod parts are ignored, and take precedence over vanilla data, so ... some things can be achieved but not all.

can this tool be used to spawn monsters? I look on the wiki and in the tool but didn't see a option for that.

can this tool be used to spawn monsters? I look on the wiki and in the tool but didn't see a option for that.
no unfortunately TEdit is used to modify vanilla worlds tiles as such (you can view the world of a modded world but before doing that you must disable tha autosave option or otherwise the autosave will make your modded world into a vanilla one in short you lose all modded items and biomes) but spawn monsters is something that you want to do using cheatsheet or heros mod.

no unfortunately TEdit is used to modify vanilla worlds tiles as such (you can view the world of a modded world but before doing that you must disable tha autosave option or otherwise the autosave will make your modded world into a vanilla one in short you lose all modded items and biomes) but spawn monsters is something that you want to do using cheatsheet or heros mod.
Let's say I want to copy and paste a house from a previous world to a newly generated modded world, is there no way that I could do that without getting rid of the modded biomes?

Let's say I want to copy and paste a house from a previous world to a newly generated modded world, is there no way that I could do that without getting rid of the modded biomes?

It is unsupported, but it more or less works with two caveats:
  1. Any modded content in the house from the previous world will not transfer, and
  2. Any modded content in the new world will "overwrite" the pasted house blocks.
So, as long as you don't have modded stuff in the old house, and place it somewhere there are not mod blocks in the way, it should more or less work.

If it breaks, though, you get to keep both pieces, so, uh, take backups, yo.

Hey, I realize this is somewhat off topic, but I figure this thread's probably one of the best places to ask this. Does anyone know of a map editor for Terraria 3DS?

Hello,my tEdit is trying open a diretory that not exist,a friend tell me that in first time used tEdit need be configurated to a right diretory, but in my case tEdit only dont work,only dont ask me to cofig something :( Please if exist a way to manual confid this tell me thanks

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. And before you ask, YES i checked github for the solution to this and can not find one.

When I try to load tedit, I get this message...

"An unhandled exception has occured. Please copy log from:
C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\TEditLog.txt
to the GitHub Issues list.
The program will now exit."

Anyone else encounter this error?

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. And before you ask, YES i checked github for the solution to this and can not find one.

When I try to load tedit, I get this message...

"An unhandled exception has occured. Please copy log from:
C:\Users\user_name\Documents\My Games\Terraria\TEditLog.txt
to the GitHub Issues list.
The program will now exit."

Anyone else encounter this error?
What does the TEditLog.txt say?

If I had a world that had mod generated biomes and I loaded t-edit, edited something, and went back into the world would the modded biome stuff still be there?

If I had a world that had mod generated biomes and I loaded t-edit, edited something, and went back into the world would the modded biome stuff still be there?
Probably not. But you can always make a back-up of your world and try. Just do NOT edit the original world file. Make a copy of your world file, to the desktop or anywhere outside of your worlds folder, and edit the world you copied. Then move the original world out of the worlds folder, move the copied and edited world into your worlds folder, and see how it looks or even if it'll load correctly.

Heres the log
That log contained a lot of "ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED/DeviceRemoved]". You usually get that when your computer has two different GPUs that it switches between, such as a low power GPU for menial tasks and a high-power GPU for more demanding tasks.

This is a bug that is being worked on. See Issue #751.

Potential solutions include:
  • Update to Windows 10.
  • NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3d Settings -> Set preferred graphics processor to integrated graphics card.
  • Updated DirectX for Windows7 SP1 using the manual installer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Help, a multiplayer world i hosted keept crashing when i loaded it, the error was "System.OutOfMemoryException", i deleted it and downloaded it and now it says Load Failed. I opened it in TEdit and it crashed again. TEdit mentioned that it is corrupted or the world is a newer version than the one TEdit supports (some number popped up, TEdit 192 and my world 194, idk what this is for). My friend downloaded the world and said it worked fine for him, no crashes there. Here are TEdit log and the world i can't open.

Attachments

• Jusus.wld
    11.2 MB · Views: 362
  • TEditLog.txt
    442 bytes · Views: 326
Is it possible that we'll get an update for Tedit when 1.2.6 comes out?
Love this program for the tedious parts of building and biome editing.

Back
Top Bottom