Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Does tedit work on chromebook. Mine cannot run steam so I'd assume no/
I doubt it, Mobile terraria's files are hard to find on chromebooks. And this is a windows app. Though downloading Crouton to get Linux might work (Just install an app called "Wine" to run windows apps.) with Steam and TEdit. I don't have PC Terraria so you'll have to try it. On top of that, The storage space for Terraria and Wine is a lot. Crouton and steam is lightweight so that's fine. Wine and terraria is about 4GB altogether. It seems possible but complicated.

Hey, I am just learning this program and I was wondering. Is there a find and replace option for like sprites? For example, if I wanted to find all of the water candles in a large world, and replace them with peace candles. Or Vice Versa. Or something like that.

I doubt it, Mobile terraria's files are hard to find on chromebooks. And this is a windows app. Though downloading Crouton to get Linux might work (Just install an app called "Wine" to run windows apps.) with Steam and TEdit. I don't have PC Terraria so you'll have to try it. On top of that, The storage space for Terraria and Wine is a lot. Crouton and steam is lightweight so that's fine. Wine and terraria is about 4GB altogether. It seems possible but complicated.
I might actually try this because I would really like to use tedit to make a really nice world and try the calamity mod.

TEdit does not support modded content, and more than likely deletes modded blocks on a save.

I don't believe it will delete modded blocks/items on save, though they of course will not show up while in TEdit. I've copy/pasted from one modded world to another, specifically with with modded tiles and modded items inside chests, and they copy and paste, and save, just fine.

I don't believe it will delete modded blocks/items on save, though they of course will not show up while in TEdit. I've copy/pasted from one modded world to another, specifically with with modded tiles and modded items inside chests, and they copy and paste, and save, just fine.
Thank goodness

Hi sorry if this sounds dumb but is it possible to edit extra large worlds with Tedit? I'm trying to edit an XL world (no mods) made with TModLoader 64bit
but when I try to save, Tedit says theres too many chests and it never saves any changes.

Will this still work when Journey's end comes out, or will it need updating?
It will need updating with every release of the PC version. Journey's End is going to add a lot of content.

People should prepare themselves that TEdit for 1.4 may not be ready for some time. BinaryConstruct built this on his own effort, and it's up to him when (if) he updates it.

The links don't work...
I just tried both and maybe it's something on GitHub, but I can't download it...

Back
Top Bottom