Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

BinaryConstruct

Terrarian
TEdit 4 Released - Supports Terraria 1.4 Journey's End

te4.png

What is TEdit?
TEdit is a stand alone, open source map editor for Terraria. It lets you edit maps just like (almost) paint! It also lets you change world settings (time, bosses downed etc), edit chests and change sign, make epic dungeons, castles, cities, and add rewards for your adventurers!

This thread is for feedback! It is an easy place to post issues and feature requests, so let me know if you have any.

Downloads
Downloads are available from both of these links:
TEdit Downloads - BinaryConstruct
TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor

Issues (posting bugs, crashes, feature requests)

Need Help?
Join our Discord!
1618347932038.png

If you can't figure out how to use a tool or feature, please read the docs!

Check here if you have an issue, chances are it is already there and you can post a comment on the issue or attach a log. TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor

Misc. Resources

Tutorial by ahamling27

Curse Featured Page

Last edited:
I'm not a frequent forum user so it took a while to discover this site. Enigmaquip did a great job in getting TEdit working with 1.3.1 so fast. We have also added several major bug fixes and stability improvements. Hopefully the quality of the editor will keep improving, it is good to hear that people still enjoy using TEdit.

May 24, 2011 was the first version, so today is TEdit's 5th birthday!

Sure, what could it be about?
I am no master of all Terraria's features and abilities, so as of now - I'm not sure. But it's an adventure map, not a full game, lack of story shouldn't stop us.
I was thinking of a long map through the land etc. Not something like "a huge castle, go collect all gems, now you win". I prefer the thrill of exploring over fights and difficult puzzles.
What are your thoughts on the matter?

I'm not a frequent forum user so it took a while to discover this site. Enigmaquip did a great job in getting TEdit working with 1.3.1 so fast. We have also added several major bug fixes and stability improvements. Hopefully the quality of the editor will keep improving, it is good to hear that people still enjoy using TEdit.

Weeeeeeell. Hey, to tell the truth - it's the best editor I ever used, all jokes aside. You should be proud!
I only have one complaint - can we have the tile and wall editors separate again? It's kind of hard to work with both, especially for newbies.
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Any plans? Like, a party or something? I'd kill for some pizza right now.

I am no master of all Terraria's features and abilities, so as of now - I'm not sure. But it's an adventure map, not a full game, lack of story shouldn't stop us.
I was thinking of a long map through the land etc. Not something like "a huge castle, go collect all gems, now you win". I prefer the thrill of exploring over fights and difficult puzzles.
What are your thoughts on the matter?
I would probably modify a large world to be different... quite a bit of TEdit work, really. I also need to go and play through 1.3.1 before I come around and try to start making puzzles/traps/such.

well amazing fresh new update !

can i make a req? painted tiles being shown in their colors?

Mono currently doesn't support WPF, so unfortunately the only way is with a windows VM (such as in virtual box) or bootcamp.
Dang it, why does software dependencies always have to get in your way for paint color support? Only if it were a perfect world, in where TEdit would work with every single version of terraria, and also supported paint colors.

I would probably modify a large world to be different... quite a bit of TEdit work, really. I also need to go and play through 1.3.1 before I come around and try to start making puzzles/traps/such.
I'll try to think of some environments then.
can we have the tile and wall editors separate again?
Pretty pleeeeeease?

Back
Top Bottom