Items Teleporter Cable - Alternative Teleporter Wiring

Awordley

Spazmatism
Recently in Terraria, I have been building a lot of teleporters. However, something which is quite annoying and inconvenient, is that teleporters use normal wiring. This causes activate-able things, such as lights and doors, which are overlapped by the teleporter wire, to turn off/open when you teleport.

For example, if you have a big base with lots of doors and lights everywhere, it's difficult to wire teleporters to avoid overlapping these, which causes them to turn off/open when using the teleporter.

AnWynPQ.gif

This is a visual example

So with that thought in mind, I've come up with a little item suggestion:

Teleporter Cable
Purchasable from the Mechanic - 5
Silver_Coin.png

Used with any wrench
Tooltip: Used with wrenches
Only activates teleporters

Like the tooltip says, it only activates teleporters, so you can overlap it on doors and lights and they will not be activated when you teleport. The teleporter cable will work in exactly the same way as wire and will be coloured dark red. When used with the other colour wrenches, it will be dark blue and dark green.

Just to note:
This is an alternative, you can still use normal wire with teleporters.

Last edited:
Agreed. It would be nice to have. But it would need to be a new type of wrench because of how they currently work. Not a new wire.
Is it really impossible for Terraria's mechanics to use different types of wires? Wires are counted as ammo, and guns can use different types of ammo, so I can't see why wrenches cannot.

I'm going to make some sprites for the Teleporter Cable variations, unless some one beats me to it!

Is it really impossible for Terraria's mechanics to use different types of wires? Wires are counted as ammo, and guns can use different types of ammo, so I can't see why wrenches cannot.

I'm going to make some sprites for the Teleporter Cable variations, unless some one beats me to it!
It would be possible, but using a different Wrench instead would be consistent with normal wiring, as the other 3 kinds of wire use their own wrenches, and would save inventory space.

Back
Top Bottom