Items Telescope -endgame item

Artie

King Slime
Telescope - an item that's a direct upgrade of the binoculars.

It would work in a similar fashion- player, when holding the telescope, could see farther and farther by moving the cursor away in a certain direction.
It would have far greater range than the goggles.
(Of course, it does not let the player see through blocks)

It would let the player see which direction is the jungle and snow biome from the spawn - yes, that's how big it's range is.

The item would be available early-hardmode.

Nevertheless, I think it would be a nice addition to the game.

5 hallowed bars
2 lens
1 black lens

Tell me what you think
Hope you like it

Last edited:
I will think about altering crafting recipe, but remember this item practically tells you everything about a world upon creation.
It's already quite easy to figure out where the jungle and dungeon are. Snow is usually nearby and the jungle lies in the opposite direction. The dungeon lies in the snow direction.

Anyway, it's an okay item I guess. I'd make it available in early hardmode (for sale from the Magician?). It isn't overpowered at all. There's no giant railgun attached to it that can squish enemies from miles away. You can just check out the map from a great distance.
I wouldn't make it available in easy mode though, since that'd make the binoculars pointless.

It's already quite easy to figure out where the jungle and dungeon are. Snow is usually nearby and the jungle lies in the opposite direction. The dungeon lies in the snow direction.

Anyway, it's an okay item I guess. I'd make it available in early hardmode (for sale from the Magician?). It isn't overpowered at all. There's no giant railgun attached to it that can squish enemies from miles away. You can just check out the map from a great distance.
I wouldn't make it available in easy mode though, since that'd make the binoculars pointless.
Binoculars are already pointless. We don't need more expertmode exclusives.

Sorry, but I don't really see the point of being able to see farther. Snow is the white stuff that's 10 blocks from your spawn point that you don't want. The Dungeon is past the snow, the Jungle is on the opposite side of the snow. Usually the underground Desert is also on the opposite of the snow, but I have world where it isn't. World generation indicates if the world is Crimson or Corruption.

The Telescope also wouldn't provide light, so it's not very useful for exploring underground.

We need more use cases please. The only use I can think of for a Telescope is to find Floating Islands.

Back
Top Bottom