Tell a debuff that has caused your death

Poison is the most frequent debuff that causes me to die. It actually makes the Jungle more dangerous to explore than the actual enemies. Though the enemies do cause you to get poisoned. Especially on Expert Mode where Poison lasts for about 20 seconds, it is the main thing that kills me in the jungle which is why I try to equip a Bezoar there if I can.

On Fire! just when I thought I was lucky for surviving that fall into the lava.

The next 3 seconds for it to kill me are painful to wait.

20 second Poison debuff inflicted by a Spiked Jungle Slime, immediately after I had used a potion. 2 seconds after it ended, another one fell from above me and retagged me with it, resulting in 40 seconds of sustained Poison without potion, plus the damage from getting hit by the spikes each time.

I didn't pull through.

20 second Poison debuff inflicted by a Spiked Jungle Slime, immediately after I had used a potion. 2 seconds after it ended, another one fell from above me and retagged me with it, resulting in 40 seconds of sustained Poison without potion, plus the damage from getting hit by the spikes each time.

I didn't pull through.
O-O

I think I speak for everyone when I say your character's first encounter with the Electrified debuff is that live's last.

Stoned, because I die due to fall damage or I fall into a pit with enemies.

Sometimes Poison in early-game and On Fire while in the Underworld.

I play on 360, so no stoned debuff yet. What usually gets me is poison early on while exploring the Jungle before actually being equipped to deal with the dangers there. Or that awesome moment you get Broken Armor and then see a ton of hammers heading your way in the hardmode dungeon. Good times!

I'm pretty sure just about ALL of the debuffs have contributed to deaths I've had, except maybe darkness. Can't say I ever died because of Darkness. I've died to fire, poison, that stupidly OP electric zap the tesla coils have... hmm... actually now that I think about it I don't think I ever died because of venom. But then pretty sure that the only things that inflict that are black recluses and you're far more likely to die outright by their attacks because they hurt so much, that the debuff isn't much of an issue.

Is it possible for a player to get frostburn? I know I've never died to that.

Broken Armor? Oh yes. I HATE Broken Armor with a passion. SO glad they nerfed that stupidly OP debuff in 1.3. Same goes for Ichor, there've been times I've got ichor'd and then slowly plucked to death by herplings, crimslimes, etc. Dunno if I woulda survived without the ichor debuff or not. I'll just assume that at least one of those times I could have.

Stoned... a couple times. Fall damage. I don't think I was ever killed while stoned without fall damage. Confused? Yeah, I can say a few times confused caused me to get hit enough that I eventually got killed. Slow, same. Usually in the dungeon when there's something else like a sniper or a paladin that I just can't get away from fast enough because of that stupidly OP slow that the casters there do.

So yeah pretty sure most of the debuffs have caused deaths in my playthroughs lol.

Cursed, because just when I'm about to drink a potion in the dungeon, boom. No potion for you. :(

And then I proceed to get blown to bits by the Diabolist and his pew-pew fire powers.

Poison has probably killed me the most, simply because of the amount of enemies/traps that can inflict it. Also the fact that it lasts about 20 seconds in expert mode.

Back
Top Bottom