Tell me your luckiest / unluckiest drops in your worlds.

got coin gun on my first pirate invasion
got fishron wings my first time beating duke
got last prism on my first moon lord kill
in a mage run
all on the same world
during my first ever 100% classic completion
just after 1.4 came out

note: this was after unsuccessfully grinding the dungeon for master ninja gear and armor polish (last thing I needed for ankh shield) for around six hours.

This was both really lucky and really unlucky. So basically, I was building a *semi*-AFK Rod of Discord farm. After I had almost finished filling in the surrounding areas with blocks in order to regulate spawns in the farm, one random Chaos Elemental just comes along and says “here’s the ROD lol”

And I’m just thinking “wow I really just spent an hour or two filling in and mining out a massive plot of my underground hallow🧍🏻‍♀️

Chaos elemental dropped both a blessed apple and rod of discord. The horrible part is i accedently threw it away with quick trash later and have not gotten a new one since

when i first got terraria i got slime saffs 1st day then my 6yr brother tried to "play" terraria he deleted my 1st world but not my charater so made another world and got slime staff again 2weeks later my bff who was a huge teraria fan told me how rare that was this was early 2020 i havent seen him since school ended

I've been cleaning up on golden critters this game. At first I was wondering "is it really only 1/400?", but then I remembered I've got a Garden Gnome placed at my base. Doesn't explain the Golden Mouse I got though -- once I have more gnomes, I might put one at the Ocean in hopes of a golden seahorse.

This was both really lucky and really unlucky. So basically, I was building a *semi*-AFK Rod of Discord farm. After I had almost finished filling in the surrounding areas with blocks in order to regulate spawns in the farm, one random Chaos Elemental just comes along and says “here’s the ROD lol”

And I’m just thinking “wow I really just spent an hour or two filling in and mining out a massive plot of my underground hallow🧍🏻‍♀️
Which is to say, you spent an hour or two hanging out in the underground Hallow, specifically attending to Chaos Elementals!

The very first tree I "shook" in my current 1.4.2 world dropped the Eucalyptic Sap, so my very first pet in that world was the sugar glider. (drop chance: 1/10000 chance)

Lurking around my living tree for gnomes... night falls, and *then* three of them show up at once! I lured them up to the surface, then hooked myself to a handy ceiling, and waited out the night.

Interestingly, they apparently have no problem merging into a single apparent figure: once they first decided to stand in the same place, they didn't separate until the sun came up and they turned into three little statues all in a row.

One time I spent hours using slime statues to farm for the slime staff to start a summoner playthrough, but randomly one day when I was building on a random world I killed a slime and it dropped it

for unluckiest i found a red potion on a non-for the worthy world, I was like 'ooh, what's this?', drank it, and died.
i had my only platnium coin in my inventory at the time.
also, just today, i finally found a truffle worm after grinding for ages, then my minion accidentally killed it.

Forcing a bit of luck: I just successfully farmed the Living Wood Wand (after two Leaf Wands). Planted lots of trees at my base, shook them every time I passed by. Not sure if the base Garden Gnome helped.

ETA: And now, a bit of bad luck: Took me 9 Queen Bees to get a Bee Keeper (supposed to be 1/3 chance)

Last edited:
I got the coin gun, gold ring and lucky coin early in hardmode, but I can't get the freaking discount card. I'm walking around with a COIN RING. Who does that?!? Usually you get the card and the ring first. Plus, it took me 50+ tries to get the fishron wings and I FINALLY got them today. What are your stories about your drops?
I found a jungle key while not farming for it. Almost went over my head too.

3 rods of discords in a row on the same day, all 3 acquired in just 20 minutes
now i think my luck ran out because i get blood moons 87% of the time i play on my world

I got the coin gun, gold ring and lucky coin early in hardmode, but I can't get the freaking discount card. I'm walking around with a COIN RING. Who does that?!? Usually you get the card and the ring first. Plus, it took me 50+ tries to get the fishron wings and I FINALLY got them today. What are your stories about your drops?
My worst experience probably having to kill moonlord 50+ times just to get meowmere. My luckiest experience probably getting 2 slime staff drops in a row in early pre-hardmode. Wasn't a farm and I was genuinely surprised considering I never saw the item before at the time I kept one because I thought the slime was cute but this was back in old console 1.2. Never got it again though in my other playthroughs.

Back
Top Bottom