Tell me your luckiest / unluckiest drops in your worlds.

ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME I WAS FARMING FOR DAYS GOT IT THEN IT FELL IN LAVA THINKING IT BURNED!

oh and it took me over 50 tries(yes i WAS counting) to get a fricken star wrath my brother got one first try but ME? nope i get 27 last prisms 3 celebrations 10 meowmeres and 10 terrarians
Any item with a rarity of Blue or greater will not burn in lava. The Rod of Discord is Lime, if I remember correctly.

This might not count because it was on Mobile but I killed 9 Hallowed Mimics as a ranger, and the first 8 dropped Crystal Vile Shards but the ninth dropped an Unreal Daedalus Stormbow.

Well, I’m doing a ranged playthrough and it took me *eleven* Queen Bees to get the Bee’s Knees. A 1/3 drop. Even worse because Queen Bee counters Ranged really well with her high defense and high number of minions. At least I had enough beenades to last the entire rest of prehardmode.

When Blade Staff still dropped from enchanted swords, I had to kill over eighty in order to get it. In that time I got two Rods of Discord. That same playthrough, it took me fourteen Empress kills to get the Kaleidoscope, although I managed to get both the wings and the Stellar Tune in the first three kills.

I did manage to get The Axe on my first ever Plantera kill in 1.2, a 1/200 chance back then. I have never gotten another.

I’ve lost three towns at the same time to the Crimson spawning in Hardmode once: a desert town on the surface desert, a cave town, and a glowing mushroom town that I had to stuff useless NPCs in and to fish in. Only thing I dislike about the new pylons.

Got three Crimson Keys and an Ice Key while farming for the Frozen Turtle Shell not long ago. Frozen Turtle Shell didn’t even take that long, got it within 104 turtles, just ridiculous luck for biome keys.

On the playthrough I'm doing right now I had no interest in doing the pirate invasion... however the pirates decided to invade me anyway, that 1 invasion gave me a coin gun.

A while back there was a playthrough where my first 3 fishing quest where the sextent, weather radio, and pocket guide.

I did a playthrough once where I did martian madness like 6 times and never got a xeno staff, the next playthrough I did I got like 4-5 xeno staffs on my first madness

In my first 1.4 run, I was farming the Empress to see all her drops. I had already got the Kaleidoscope, Starlight and Eventide so I was curious to see what the Magic drop was. Since my inventory is always a mess by the third kill i only had one free slot left for the Treasure Bag... and it contained a Stellar Tune. I actually thought it was a normal drop until i looked at the ground and saw the Nightglow, and then i looked up the wiki to see that it had got a 2% drop in my third or fourth empress kill ever... sick luck lol

Then there is this run where I killed Plantera and got The Axe, the Seedling, the Pygmy Staff and the Master mode pet from the same kill.

Every time I've obtained the Rod of Discord (only twice, mind) I've never farmed for it, only just stumbling upon it while exploring the Underground Hallow. I didn't even use it much the second time so fat good that was.

Last melee playthrough I got the Seedler as my first Plantera drop, which was the only thing I needed from her (sorry Flower Pow).

I had one time where a Zombie Merman dropped all three of its rare drops at once: Vampire Frog Staff, Blood Rain Bow and Chum Caster. Each is an independent 1/8 chance, so combined it's... pretty low odds but I can't into math.

A vaguely amusing story is when I got two Crimson Keys on the Switch version. Unfortunately the game crashed when I took one of them to open the Chest; for some reason the game deleted my key but kept the chest locked. It was easily fixed because I had two keys but I did feel pissed off in the moment.

I was searching for an enchanted sword shrine for ages and i couldn't find one so i decided to fish for one, so i got 1 hours worth of fishing pots and my first catch was a titanium crate, and inside was an enchanted sword... HOW??

now i just need an influx waver and a meowmere and i can craft the zenith :D

For the Meowmere, I recommend summoning the Moon Lord right after you kill it and see what loot you got, because you want to keep all of your buffs for another fight.

For the Influx Waver, fly around in space and in the outer two thirds of the map. Remember to hold a water candle and, if you want to, drink a battle potion to increase the probe's chance of spawning. The Martian Saucer starts spawning when the event is about 30% completed. When the Martian Saucer spawns, kill it a hope it drops an Influx Waver.

For the Meowmere, I recommend summoning the Moon Lord right after you kill it and see what loot you got, because you want to keep all of your buffs for another fight.

For the Influx Waver, fly around in space and in the outer two thirds of the map. Remember to hold a water candle and, if you want to, drink a battle potion to increase the probe's chance of spawning. The Martian Saucer starts spawning when the event is about 30% completed. When the Martian Saucer spawns, kill it a hope it drops an Influx Waver.
i already summon the moonlord right after i kill it but when i'm fighting the moonlord but i usually don't open my treasure bag after i defeat it, after i defeat the moonlord around 3-4 times i open all the bags at once but i think that should also help me get the meowmere i think

Back
Top Bottom