Items Temple Key: Temple discovering tool

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Sometimes you're unable to find the Temple until after you acquire its key, which could still take hours before you find it. To help speed up progression, the temple key could become a throwable consumable: you throw it just like any throwable, except it aims in the direction of the closest locked temple door (edited worlds might have more locked doors). It'll either pop from blocks it collides with or disappears, requiring another Plantera defeat. What do you think?

After there are no more locked doors, the key would follow the cursor instead.

maybe combining a temple key with a compass at hand crafting?
I think a compass exists
(isnt it the one that shows lateral position?)
It will show the temple on the map and the accessory can be right clicked afterwards (like a present) to get the key back

Hm... I don't really think we need this. I mean, is there anyone here who hasn't found the temple before they got the key? Its pretty hard to miss.

Hm... I don't really think we need this. I mean, is there anyone here who hasn't found the temple before they got the key? Its pretty hard to miss.
Depends on world size. In large worlds with a large jungle, it can take ages to find. I, personally, have had several times in large worlds where I had trouble finding it. (Incidentally, large worlds seem to spawn the most glitched temples as well. Coincidence? I think n-so.)

More relevant to the OP, while this would work, I don't think this is really necessary. The Temple is far from an important structure, given the nature of Golem's drops. At most, you're hoping for Beetle Husks in a Melee run, and at worst, you're a summoner with nothing to gain from it. While the Eye of the Golem is important for any max-damage run, it is possible to get most every item without having max damage.

Yes i agree we need to be able to find the temple faster but if you at the wrong side of a cave it will possibly break instantly, effectively destroying the key without the player having time to see where it was going, so maybe make it a 50/50 chance of breaking? Another alternative would have a little square on the corner of your screen change color depending on how close you are to the temple as long as you have the key selected.

You could make it project an arrow on your HUD, or faintly light it up on the mini-map, and give some message, so you have an idea as to where it is. This would occur after Plantera's defeat, and the arrow idea would only happen with the key in your hand, in the underground jungle.

I'd rather have it be a non consumable boomerang that doesn't do damage and does the whole pointing thing.

Back
Top Bottom