Biomes & Nature Termite Nests

neoselket

Ice Queen
Termite nests are stronger versions of beehives. They are much bigger, roughly 1/3 the size of the Lihzahrd Temple. Termites spawn in them(WOAH NO WAY), and they have multiple chambers.
terraria termite nest2.png

1: Entrance. 2: Farm. 3: Small room, possibly with a chest. 4: Nursery. 5: Boss room.

Termite nests spawn in the underground desert.(idea by @FeNniX ) they would also be made out of a dark brown block called "Rich soil"(idea by @DakotaSpine).

all termites drop termite chitin(20% chance) and termite mandibles(%10 chance, used to make mining potions)

Termite Warrior
There are 3 kinds of termite warrior, one has large pincers it uses to pinch the player, one has a nozzle on it's head that it uses to secrete termite acid, and one walks up to the player and explodes, spawning goo blocks in the immediate area.

Termite Warrior(pincers)
health: 80
damage: 30
defense: 10
knockback resistance: 60%

Termite Warrior(nozzle)
health: 70
damage: 25
defense:10
knockback resistance: 30%
This termite will shoot globs of acid at players, and will stop pursuing players once they get within range.

Termite Warrior(exploding)
health: 30
damage(explosion):50
defense:0
These termites will turn red, and will explode 3 seconds after starting to turn red, assuming the player stays within their range during that time. When they explode(radius of a normal bomb), they spawn termite goo blocks which function similarly to slime blocks and cobwebs. They clear automatically after a while(10-30 seconds), but they can also be destroyed in two hits by most pickaxes. When in contact with a termite goo block, the player takes 5 damage per second. The explosions do not harm other termites. These are the rarest warrior termites.

Termite Worker
Termite Workers are not very well-equipped to fight players, but they can still do damage. they are the most common.
health: 70
damage: 20
defense: 6

Farm
Termite farms have a large-ish supply of fungus blocks. Fungus blocks will grow similarly to chlorophyte, except that they will create new blocks when they spread, as opposed to converting existing blocks. When there are too many(30 or so) fungus blocks, they will stop growing.
Nurseries contain larvae, which hatch after about a minute of spawning. they can hatch into any non-boss termite.

Boss Fight
When the player gets down to the main boss chamber, they will have quite a fight on their hands. The Termite Queen does not move, even when the surrounding blocks are all removed, and relies on minions to fight with. Entering the room with the boss in it gives the message "The Termites have awoken!", and the boss 4(queen bee and ocram) soundtrack starts playing.

Termite Queen
3000 health
30 damage
0 defense
100% knockback resistance
the termite queen doesn't attack the player, but it spawns Warrior termites at a rate of 1 every 20-30 seconds or so.

Termite King
500 health
30 damage
10 defense
40% knockback resistance
30% chance to inflict confusion for 10 seconds
The Termite King charges at the player, dealing damage and possibly inflicting confusion. Every time the King or Queen Termite get hit, they summon all termites in the hive to attack the player.
When the Termite King gets down to half health, wings will appear and it's damage will be increased to 40. However, it's defense is reduced to 0. When killed, it drops royal chitin(5-10), broken termite wing(20%), and has a 30% chance to drop the grub pet.
when the Termite Queen gets down to half health, it gains double damage and spawns Warrior Termites at a rate of 1 every 20 seconds. When killed, it drops 10-20 royal chitin, termite goo gun(30% chance), termite swarm(1% chance), and termite mask(20%). the termite king and queen each have a trophy.

Suspicious looking larvae
crafted with 20 termite chitin by hand. summons the termite king and queen.

Termite Armor

Termite helmet
6 defense
5% extra minion damage
crafted with 5 termite chitin and 10 royal chitin

Termite chitinmail
8 defense
5% extra minion damage
+1 minion
crafted with 6 termite chitin and 13 royal chitin

Termite greaves
7 defense
5% extra minion damage
set bonus: 10% increased minion damage, +1 minion
crafted with 5 termite chitin and 11 royal chitin

Player with full Termite Armor: Sprite by @DerpoTheMagnificent

Termite staff
summons a termite to fight for you
13 summon damage
crafted with 7 termite chitin and 10 royal chitin

Termite Swarm
Costs 5 mana, releases 1-3 small termites(about the size of a worm) that deal 10 damage each. Deals summon damage. When used, they shoot through the air with roughly the velocity of a thrown snowball, and when they land, they will jump around and chase after the enemy. Similar to a prehardmode version of the Scourge of the Corruptor.

Termite Potion
+1 minion capacity and +10% minion damage, crafted with 30 termite fungus and 10 termite chitin(4 minute duration).

Termite claws
Allows you to climb up walls, similar to shoe spikes except you don't slide.

banner:
Code:
[URL='http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?posts/465132/'][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/termite-banner-png.53395/&temp_hash=30b020b5bcd17734d349b0c55e2e2ead[/IMG][/URL]

Attachments

• Termite Armor.png
    Termite Armor.png
    622 bytes · Views: 655
  • termite soldier floor.png
    termite soldier floor.png
    446 bytes · Views: 664
  • termite banner.png
    termite banner.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 14,003
Last edited:
Maybe there could be at very least one per world, it spawning in the purity? And after that they spawn rarely.

But with that said, new players would be safe from them as long as they don't go in.

Maybe that could be made of "Rich Soil", looking like rich brown sand/silt

thanks! yeah, they're meant to spawn in the purity, and there should be more than one per world, they're kind of like another structure like spider nests and beehives.

I like the concept and the ideas with it, but I don't think you can fit 5 rooms into 1/3 of a Lizhard Temple.

I like the concept and the ideas with it, but I don't think you can fit 5 rooms into 1/3 of a Lizhard Temple.

the rooms aren't huge, and the size will vary. also, most of the lihzahrd temple is unused, so i think it would probably fit.

Hi @neoselket
Really smart idea. It would add a whole new thing to underground exploration in Terraria. The thought that has gotten into this is great. Just a few suggestions;
-Maybe add some achievements
-Make this a hard mode version of the bee hive and make the items more powerful, making them more desirable.
Otherwise, I would love to see this added to the game or as a mod.
~Dimitri
(I know I'm late but I think this is a great idea)

Hi @neoselket
Really smart idea. It would add a whole new thing to underground exploration in Terraria. The thought that has gotten into this is great. Just a few suggestions;
-Maybe add some achievements
-Make this a hard mode version of the bee hive and make the items more powerful, making them more desirable.
Otherwise, I would love to see this added to the game or as a mod.
~Dimitri
(I know I'm late but I think this is a great idea)

thanks! i never thought about making an achievement for this. and it's kind of intended to bridge the gap between bee gear and spider gear to give summoners more of a chance against the wall of flesh.:)

thanks! i never thought about making an achievement for this. and it's kind of intended to bridge the gap between bee gear and spider gear to give summoners more of a chance against the wall of flesh.:)
Oh ok. That's a smart idea. It would encourage more people to stick with the summoner class from the start.
~Dimitri
P.S if you were thinking of making anything with/like this I would be glad to help.

Oh ok. That's a smart idea. It would encourage more people to stick with the summoner class from the start.
~Dimitri
P.S if you were thinking of making anything with/like this I would be glad to help.

thanks. and what exactly do you mean by 'making anything with/like this'?

Back
Top Bottom